PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Retired Numbers Idea

egghead529
01-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone

I was just thinking and I would like to try to get a baseball autographed by the Cubs players with their numbers retired

Ernie Banks
Billy Williams
Ron Santo
Ryne Sandberg
Fergie Jenkins
Greg Maddux

Do you guys think I should try to do this ttm??

Do you think that would be attainable?

Do you guys know which addresses are best to send to?

LMK your opinions on this idea of mine

Cubbieblue29
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
I think that would be really cool. Im working on a helmet with all the HOFers. What I would do is send to Sandberg first because the rest you can get ttm with a fee.

Tony

egghead529
01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the help....it would be amazing....just might get a little costly

Polishgooner
01-25-2010, 07:03 PM
How much does Fergie charge?

propete23
01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
That would be a great ball, jersey, or what have you.

Sandberg would be the first one I would try as well. Dawson, is probably getting bombarded by requests right now. Maybe try him c/o HOF in near future.

Sawks14
01-26-2010, 02:30 PM
lol, I was just looking over my collection and realized I had a bunch of the Cubs retired numbers guys.(Jenkins, Williams, Sandberg, Dawson*)

My advice though would be to scrap the multi-sig ball and just obtain individual balls unless you get one ttm and then obtain the rest IP. I say this for a couple reasons:

1) That would be quite a piece to trust to the USPS 6 times after the first sig.
2) A lot of these guys are "longshots"- Banks, Sandberg, Maddux. If you get the rest of them theres a chance you send to one of these three and never see your ball again after a bunch of work.
3) It might make a cool display idea. If you got the 6-7 balls you could easily build a very badass display case placing them in retired numerical order and show it off. I know if all of the Red Sox retired number guys were easily obtainable that is what I would do.

egghead529
01-26-2010, 02:38 PM
ya i was thinking about doing that....i just think it would be so cool to have them all on the same ball...it would be easier to do it the other way however

I could do that individual and try to get players like kerry wood who might not have their numbers retired but are certainly cubs legends

propete23
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Kerry Wood a cubs legend??? That is a stretch, but whatver floats your boat.

There were some home plate shaped shadow boxes someone on here was talking about. They are online and possibly in the stores at Target. Very nice way to display great autos. Checkout their website