PDA

View Full Version : Free Auto with John Wooden? Please help

alienswimmer
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
I just recieved a John Wooden auto from www.sportsmemorabilia.com. It was a signed HOF envelope, and inside was an informational card on the Hall of Fame; on the back of that card is another signature. I was wondering if anyone could tell me who's it is? pictures of the John Wooden and the mystery autograph are attached. Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Djarum
02-06-2010, 12:26 AM
From what I see when I tilt my head to read the auto (lol) the persons first name is Louis. I am gonna do more research and see what i can come up with. BRB in a few minutes.

Dale

Djarum
02-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I am totally cluless on who it is. Have you contacted the person(s) you bought it from to see what they know about it ?? It may also be the person who did the artwork that appeared on the envelopes.

Dale

Djarum
02-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Ah ha.. found it.

The auto is of Louis Jourdan.

Born Louis Gendre, he was educated in France, Britain, and Turkey. He trained as an actor with René Simon at the École Dramatique. He debuted on-screen in 1939, going on to play cultivated, polished, dashing lead roles in a number of French romantic comedies and dramas. During World War II, after his father was arrested by the Gestapo, Louis and his two brothers joined the French underground; his film career came to a halt when he refused to act in Nazi propaganda films. In 1948, David O. Selznick invited him to Hollywood to appear in The Paradine Case (1947); he remained in the USA and went on to star in a number of Hollywood films. After 1953, he appeared in international productions and, in 1958, appeared in Gigi (1958), his best-known film by American audiences. His career was hampered by the limitations of the roles he was offered, most of which featured him as an old-fashioned Continental lover.

Here is an example of his autograph as well. He died in 1993.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Louis-Jourdan-Gigi-James-Bond-Star-Signed-Autograph_W0QQitemZ370322208061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5638ec753d

Nice unique autograph !

Dale

alienswimmer
02-06-2010, 01:02 AM
haha wow that is quite random. well a nice surprise i suppose...thanks very much for your help! i really appreciate it, hope you have a good weekend