PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever bust Tristar Hidden Treasures?

jwmaryvillecrg
05-13-2010, 03:38 AM
I see these things at every hobby shop, but I don't know anyone who has ever actually bought them. If anyone has, did you get anyone good?

iowa49erfan
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Which product of theirs are you talking about?

I've busted some mini helmets of theirs but I pulled things that I didn't really want and couldn't sell for half the cost I bought them for unfortunately. But anything that's not 49ers isn't something I want. lol

Especially when it's a Cowboys mini and a Rams Mini

jwmaryvillecrg
05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Sorry I was refering to the baseballs.

Vegas
05-13-2010, 02:52 PM
I've never busted them myself, but I've seen other guys open them and the results have never been very good. I wouldn't waste money on them, you're prob better off just buying the signed baseballs you want.

jwmaryvillecrg
05-13-2010, 11:55 PM
I would never buy them, I was just wondering if anyone on here has ever given them a shot. They seem like a huge waste of money unless you hit one of the 3 cover balls.

mcgoo2
05-15-2010, 12:35 AM
I've bought 4. At $40 a pop, they're really something you should do only on occasion just for the thrill of the chase. With my four, I ended up with a Gene Beckert, a former roommate of Jackie Robinson, Matt Laporta and some random former Expo prospect. Despite me getting pretty much nothing for my money it was actually a pretty fun break.

CRJSr9
05-15-2010, 01:30 AM
rip off.

will22clark
05-15-2010, 04:46 AM
i bought their graded edition and pulled the 2 guaranteed graded cards but they were worthless. i think i got back $3 a piece for them and now i remember they were both bccg 9's of cards that booked no more that a dollar each.I still say go for it!

fyretiger
05-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I've bought a ball or two and seen several broken open at the TriStar shows (they usually play trivia with them and give away cards based on who guesses the person on the ball). They basically just take the extras from their shows and put them in. Here's a list of guys I can remember:

Tommy Hanson
Joe DiMaggio
Harold Baines
Gorkys Hernandez
Gaylord Perry
Matt Cain

I've seen tons more, but I just can't remember who else was pulled.

beessports0708
05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
i got a matt cain rookie auto ball