PDA

View Full Version : Recent adds to my Baseball collection.

Redman5006
06-11-2010, 07:45 PM
This thread is to show baseballs that are not through the mail additions. These will be balls that I bought, got in person and so on. My most recent pick ups are Gary Shefield, Javy Lopez 95 WS ball, Tom Glavine 95 WS ball, Chipper Jones 95 WS ball. I have two new balls ttm in this week as well- Sparky Anderson and Al Kaline. Pics of those on my site and in my ttm thread.
Thanks for the look.

Redman5006
06-26-2010, 05:10 PM
I picked up all three of these on a recent trip to see the Gwinnett Braves (Braves AAA). The Gwinnett Braves were hosting the Durham Bulls (Rays AAA). Jason Bartlett of the Tampa Bay Rays was making a rehab apperance. I also was able to get a Jair Jurrjens ball of the Braves. He was also making a rehab start that night. The best auto I got was Braves Pres. John Schuerholtz! I had spotted him in the press box and guessed he wanted to see Jurrjens start. Later, my wife and I went to the team store to buy some t-shirts and he walked in. I always carry ROMLB's with me to all games. He was very happy to sign my ball and spoke with me for several minutes. What a nice guy!

Stretch
06-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Braves fan myself and in the area.

I like the Tom Glavine because of the W.S. MVP.

John Schuerholtz is a very nice.

Cheers!

Redman5006
06-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Braves fan myself and in the area.

I like the Tom Glavine because of the W.S. MVP.

John Schuerholtz is a very nice.

Cheers!

Thanks, I have more on my site if you want check em out.

Stretch
06-26-2010, 10:19 PM
I checked. Nice collection.

Are you going to the game tomorrow to get the former players?

Redman5006
06-26-2010, 10:22 PM
I checked. Nice collection.

Are you going to the game tomorrow to get the former players?

No, I would love to though. How bout you? Looks like the Braves may do away with the fanfest and do the Caravan and Alumni Weekend.

Stretch
06-26-2010, 10:29 PM
No, I would love to though. How bout you? Looks like the Braves may do away with the fanfest and do the Caravan and Alumni Weekend.

No. I'd like to go, but I plan to just be lazy after working a very long week. If I went it would just be to get Dale Murphy on a baseball and for him to inscribe it.

Where did you get Jason Heyward's autograph and has he been good about signing outside of the stadium or parking lot? Did you ask him to sign it on the sweet spot or did he just sign it?

I like the Caravan over the FanFest due to the cost and clutter the fanfest causes. I hope the Braves keep it this way and not go back to the fanfest.

Redman5006
06-26-2010, 10:47 PM
No. I'd like to go, but I plan to just be lazy after working a very long week. If I went it would just be to get Dale Murphy on a baseball and for him to inscribe it.

Where did you get Jason Heyward's autograph and has he been good about signing outside of the stadium or parking lot? Did you ask him to sign it on the sweet spot or did he just sign it?

I like the Caravan over the FanFest due to the cost and clutter the fanfest causes. I hope the Braves keep it this way and not go back to the fanfest.

I got Heyward last summer when he was with the Mississippi Braves. I didnt ask him to sign on the sweet spot. I usally dont ask for specifics when asking for autos.

yankeesjetsfan
07-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Awesome adds.

Mike

Redman5006
07-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Two new recent pick ups. A Tim Raines 1983 All Star Game Ball and a Kirby Puckett PSA/DNA ball.

Redman5006
07-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Picked this up a week or so ago. A Warren Spahn national league ball with "HOF 73" inscription.

Redman5006
07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
I picked this Mark DaRosa ball up in a recent trade.

Redman5006
12-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Ive been away for a while and have a few new baseballs. Over the summer I was able to pick up these two at a signing with Dale Murphy. I asked for the inscriptions and he was happy to sign. Murphy is my favorite baseball player from my childhood so this was a pretty big deal for me.

Redman5006
12-14-2010, 05:27 PM
I picked these two up recently in a trade at my LCS. A Pete Rose ball and a Reggie Jackson ball. The Rose ball has the "Hit King 4256" inscription. I havent seen to many with both "Hit King" and "4256" together. Most have one or the other. Im real happy to add these autos from these two all time greats. Thanks for the look.

Jaded
12-14-2010, 05:32 PM
nice pickups!!

CRJSr9
12-14-2010, 08:51 PM
sweet-nice pickup

Redman5006
02-20-2012, 01:25 PM
These are my two newest additions to my autographed baseball collection. A 1959 Red Sox team ball with Ted Williams on the sweet spot and a Julio Teheran. Very excited about the Ted Williams. I recieved it as a Christmas gift from my wife in 2010, I have been away from SCF for a while and am just getting it up. The entire ball can be seen on my website. Thanks for the look.

Redman5006
05-17-2012, 03:05 PM
This is a recent ebay pick up, HOFer Robin Roberts.