PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Help On This Walter Payton Signed 8x10 When He Was @ Desert Storm...

samaniego3434
08-13-2010, 07:16 PM
Hello all, I have a 8x10 picture signed by Walter Payton while he made an apperance at Desert Storm. It belongs to a friend of mine who was hand picked to meet and greet Walter Payton. He was given this 8x10 and got to meet Payton and get his 8x10 signed. I have a booth at a local traders market and he brought it in for consignment and I really don't know what to ask for it. It has a pretty personal message on it with his signature. What would something like this be worth or fair to ask for it without a coa? If anybody can help me with this please post here or pm me, thanks for the time guys & gals.
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu302/rsamaniego34/img716.jpg?t=1281741284

CRJSr9
08-13-2010, 11:30 PM
is the photo messed up?inscribe like that-i would say around 30-50-because certified 8x10's not inscribed sell for around 125.00.i hope this helps.

blackmamba_24
08-13-2010, 11:31 PM
Its kinda not clear.

Can you pm what you can make out on it. I would be glad to help you out of what kinda price you would try to get for it. Thanks

samaniego3434
08-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks for the replys guys. The photo has some funny discoloration. Bottom left hand corner is clean where he had a Payton card there in a frame when he came in. So I'm thinking it might of been displayed under a light or by a window or something. As far as what is inscribed I can't make out what the 1st sentence says but the the second one says " Thanks for your contributions" third sentence says "at Desert Storm!" and fourth sentence says "Hurry Home!" then signature with 34. Thanks again.

blackmamba_24
08-14-2010, 01:29 AM
I would price for $75-100 and listen to offers.. Take any offers above $60... Hope you get what you want for it.

kobe4mvp34 is very well educated on IP autos himself. He probaly knows more then i do.

Well Good luck!:winking0071:

braves9
08-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Yea the red flares you see all over the picture is "over exposure" from the sunlight...might of hung it near a window and the sun ate that thing up....Personally I like inscribitions and since its a Military inscr. I think it would be more profitable...id say around the range of 30-50 (mostly because of the sun damage) 60-80 if it was mint

samaniego3434
08-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. I'll let him know and go from there, thanks again....

Grid
08-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I have over 2 dozen Payton autographs, and anything with an inscription just kills the price. I just picked this up and its mint condition for like $25.00 shipped since it was inscribed. Damaged? He'd probably get less for it since it cant even be used for a "cut"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370415497307

blackmamba_24
08-14-2010, 06:09 PM
I have over 2 dozen Payton autographs, and anything with an inscription just kills the price. I just picked this up and its mint condition for like $25.00 shipped since it was inscribed. Damaged? He'd probably get less for it since it cant even be used for a "cut"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370415497307

That payton that the link was on doesn't even looks like his autograph thats why it went so cheap.

CRJSr9
08-16-2010, 03:25 AM
thank you kobe,even with the messed up photo and the inscrpition.its still a real walter payton autograph-i would ask between 30-50.

Grid
08-24-2010, 05:52 PM
That payton that the link was on doesn't even looks like his autograph thats why it went so cheap.

You are obviously out of your mind if you do not think this is a real Payton autograph. Do you really think someone would go through the trouble to find a Vintage 8X10 that was made for him to sign at tradeshows, fake the autograph and add "To Ron" in Payton's handwriting to it? I have over 2 dozen certified Payton autographs and I have met him in person and gotten his signature a few times as well. This is just part of my Payton PC, you can see a dozen of his signatures here all are Steiner, PSA or Celebrity Appearances Inc (the company that would send him to shows) and the picture I picked up for 25.00 looks just like the rest. Not as fancy as when he gets paid like a Steiner one, but just like all of his appearance autographs, a little shorter to get through all the crowds.

OP, trust me when I say your picture is not worth 50 bucks. I am trying to save you from wasting your time or getting your hopes up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/gridirongladiators/mancave018.jpg

samaniego3434
08-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Nah, that's cool I totally understand. The guy that owns it decided to keep it. Couldn't let it good so cheap, and by cheap I mean, he had an offer of $55 for it, it just meant more to him than that. And that was the best offer we got on it. Several $30-$42 offers. He got to shake Payton's hand and he's had this for along long time and it's worth more to him than appearently it's worth in the market . Other than than that I dog him alot for displaying it on a freakin window seal!! But thanks for all the comments and advice guys, it was all very helpful.