PDA

View Full Version : Who finds this odd?

chajones
08-18-2010, 07:17 AM
OK, checking out an Ollie Matson mini helmet so I look at Ebay and find 3 - all at very high prices. But that's not all the auctions have in common.

One is a multi-sign, but of the two that are Matson only signatures:

One sellers name is 10.marines and the other seller is marines0_6

One is from Snellville, GA and one is from Tucker, GA

Both are JSA

Both of the helmets are the same style with the same incription on the same side.

And the descriptions are not identical, but they are close enough to see that they are written by the same person - could have been copied, but still written by the same person.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OLLIE-MATSON-CARDINALS-HOF-JSA-COA-SIGNED-MINI-HELMET-/380249853021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

http://cgi.ebay.com/ollie-matson-cardinals-hof-JSA-HOLO-signed-mini-helmet-/290456423485?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

Any thoughts? Is it just the same guy selling? One has over 2900 feedback and one has 4! LOL

dukebrad13
08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Not to mention the font and writing style in the description of both auctions are nearly identical.....

iowa49erfan
08-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I can't tell but it looks as if the JSA number on both certificates are identical. I can't tell on the picture that's further away, anyone with a better computer check for sure?

You could always ask the seller I suppose what the number is for verification.

CRJSr9
08-22-2010, 07:31 PM
ive bought from marines0_6,the other guy i dont know,its probly like his family member selling for him with a differnt name.

est89detLions
08-22-2010, 07:48 PM
sneaky sneaky

propete23
09-20-2010, 12:07 PM
dont trust anything on ebay. Get the dang item signed yourself, and then you and only YOU know its the real deal.

Pete

chajones
09-20-2010, 12:33 PM
dont trust anything on ebay. Get the dang item signed yourself, and then you and only YOU know its the real deal.

Pete

But the signature is legit. As far as getting something signed yourself - well this guy due to health problems and age doesn't sign any more. And even if you get it yourself - if you ever want to move the thing for more than $10, you will have to get it authenticated.

There are many reputable dealers on Ebay and I'm not even saying that this guy is one, it's just weird.