PDA

View Full Version : A Personal Update

StillBig20Fan
08-21-2010, 12:23 AM
To all my trading buddies etc

Just a heads up to explain my prolonged absenses on the board.

Back in May, my wife got sick, went to the Drs and was diagnosed with Mono....yeah I know prevalent in teenagers not so much with people in their early 40's....She missed a little work, was feeling better, and went back to work for about a week or so and had a relapse - now in early July. Drs say just give it time....so she misses more work until we get concerned and take her to the Emergency Room August 7. They admit her and she is still there as we speak.

Bottom line is they have'nt figured out what exactly is wrong with her. The result is we go from 2 incomes to 1 income. Between work and spending time at the hopsital with her, I havent had the time, money, inclination to do a heck of a whole lot of anything else on here or any of the other various and asundry sites on the web. That's not to say I wont make some trades...it is to say that if I take a while to get back to you, please understand it's not that Im ignoring you or dont want to trade. I am spending some nights there and some here at the house so I might be on and I might not. Thanks in advance for your understanding.

race crazy
08-21-2010, 12:27 AM
sorry to hear and good luck with everything-well wishes to you and your wife

INTIMADATOR2007
08-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Be assured we have you guy's in our thoughts and prayers ...

Tivo32
08-21-2010, 02:20 AM
I'll be praying for your wife and you. I wish you the best!

skippy
08-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Carl, perfectly understandable. I know as you can contest to from my absence a few months ago, that personnal issues do arise that need attention rather then other issues. Take care of her and we'll be here when you find time or get back into the fold.

bgnfan4God
08-21-2010, 11:21 AM
You & your wife are in our prayers

mdclapps
08-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Best of wishes to you guys. You are in our thoughts.

3dalesrfan3
08-21-2010, 01:11 PM
Best of wishes to you and your wife!
May she have a speedy recovery and all go well.

ericmccoy75
08-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Hope the outcome is positive. Keep your head up as she needs you more than she will ever express. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Ripken8fan55
08-27-2010, 03:20 AM
Hi Carl, hope that everything goes well for your wife!! I`ll be thinkin good thoughts for y`all!!

Tom

StillBig20Fan
09-01-2010, 11:31 AM
It's been a rough go. She was finally diagnosed with lymphoma (a kind of cancer) of the spleen. Her condition worsened and was put into CICU. She has had 1 round of chemotherapy and was finally put into a private room last night. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Its gonna be a long road, but I know she will eventually come home.

skippy
09-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Buddy so sorry to hear this. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to go out for a completely and speedy recovery for her Carl.

Ripken8fan55
09-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Hi Carl, I`m very sorry to hear this!! I hope that everything goes well for her!! Keep the faith my friend!! I`ll be sayin an extra special prayer for her. Take care!!

Tom

StillBig20Fan
09-04-2010, 03:22 AM
Some good news...

While her platelet count is low, her condition continues to improve. There is hope to remove the spleen late next week. Depending on what they find, they may or may not have to do more chemo. The Dr's continue to be pleased and amazed at her progress. God is answering our prayers.

Ripken8fan55
09-04-2010, 07:21 AM
Glad to hear you`re gettin some good news for a change!! Hopefully everything will keep goin great for her and they`ll get her cured! I`ll keep sendin good thoughts your way my friend! Tell her that we wish her a swift and complete recovery!

Tom

Lesracing
09-10-2010, 03:49 AM
Hi Carl, I'm grateful to hear the news and that she is improving. You both will continue to be in or thoughts and prayers and please keep us posted when time allows. God bless and keep giving her love and support and let God do his work as it is his plan.