PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Question.. Do I make this trade

nezarnino
08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
So I am in a keeper league in which I finished in last place. So I have the #1 pick. However my keepers are less than stellar. I had sidney rice but he got hurt and Kurt Warner retired. So I need to keep two and my choices come down to Marques Colston, Steve Slaton, Pierre Thomas, Santana Moss, Lee Evans, Derrick Mason.

No it appears that players in the pool at #1 would be reggie wayne, michael turner, jamal charles, addai, schaub, romo, boldin, Maurice Jones drew desean jackson

Someone offered me Drew Brees and Andre Johnson for my #1 pick. Those guys would be my keepers. i would lose my #1 pick but gain a extra 6th rd pick..

Should I make the trade or who should I keep and take #1

dolphinsdude
08-28-2010, 01:15 PM
I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

rickysigai
08-28-2010, 01:48 PM
heck yes are you crazy jump on that trade now!!!!!!!!!!! top 3 qb and top 3 wr both will put up major points per week

OnePimpTiger
08-28-2010, 01:52 PM
You're getting two #1 picks for one...take it. Then you could get Colston and Pierre Thomas in the 2nd-3rd round most likely if you wanted them. It's a good upgrade for you.

Headbando5
08-28-2010, 02:01 PM
Accept it while you can! :P

Rybowski
08-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Definitely accept that while he doesn't think it over.

bouncer
08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
I would take it. Sounds like the guy making the trade really wants CJ or AP.

nezarnino
08-28-2010, 05:20 PM
CJ and AP are taken. This is a keeper league and those guys are long gone from years past. He would still get picks #1 and #10 in the first. I asked him who he likes he said Jamal Charles and Rashard Mendehall. I don't get it. He still gets to keep two guys as well. So maybe he things stocking up on 2nd tier guys is better than 2 elite guys. If you look at my team its obvious this is an upgrade i think. Early reaction for the league is that I am an idiot..thoughts?

Headbando5
08-28-2010, 07:34 PM
CJ and AP are taken. This is a keeper league and those guys are long gone from years past. He would still get picks #1 and #10 in the first. I asked him who he likes he said Jamal Charles and Rashard Mendehall. I don't get it. He still gets to keep two guys as well. So maybe he things stocking up on 2nd tier guys is better than 2 elite guys. If you look at my team its obvious this is an upgrade i think. Early reaction for the league is that I am an idiot..thoughts?

Don't see how you're an idiot at all.. HUGE upgrade.

nadeau01_johnson48
08-28-2010, 07:54 PM
It's a no-brainer. You're getting two great #1 keepers for one #1 pick. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Aikman_TheGreat
08-28-2010, 10:40 PM
Pull the trigger!!

nezarnino
08-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback.. I pulled the trigger. It is now up to the league to approve it. The league is questioning it because he would have two keeper (mendenhall and charles) Would also get my #1 and keep his #11 first round pick. I think it's an upgrade for me, but does that leave the other guy loaded? I don't think highly of his keepers now.

OnePimpTiger
08-29-2010, 09:20 AM
They shouldn't be looking at what he has now, but whether the trade itself was fair. I can't stand people vetoing a trade because a team becomes really good from it...that's not what the veto is supposed to be about. You're supposed to get better when you make a trade, that's the whole point of making a trade. The veto is supposed to be for keeping trades fair to prevent collusion or a newb from getting screwed. If the trade had been your #1 pick for two guys you would not keep, then that would not be fair and should be vetoed. But your team is getting better, his team is getting better and both teams are happy...should not be vetoed. If it is, the other teams in the league are cheating by using the veto process inappropriately to prevent their competition from getting better.

nezarnino
09-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I made the trade..thanks for everyones help

pootshwan
09-02-2010, 08:59 AM
If he already has two Running backs on his squad, I don't undertsand why he traded the best WR and a top 3 QB for the #1 pick. The number 1 pick with that pool of players should be MJD. Who is he targeting to get?