PDA

View Full Version : Don Mattingly (Waiting for Return)

Yankeesfan81
09-05-2010, 02:16 PM
Does anyone know if Don Mattingly signs TTM? I sent him four cards and a $20 check just to ensure he would sign them. I sent it c/o the Dodgers on August 5. Is there any chance of getting them back? Or should I just wait it out until the end of the season (i.e CC Sabathia sends after the season).

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

tigsfan
09-05-2010, 04:04 PM
I've never seen him sign TTM, and barely does IP from what I've heard.

Yankeesfan81
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
I've never seen him sign TTM, and barely does IP from what I've heard.

Thanks, he's my favorite player so I decided why not. Maybe I'll get lucky. I do remember seeing some shows on the web with Mattingly signings. I know he's very nice in person though.

SMVintage
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
I've seen him sign TTM through his home address, I am pretty sure if he signs he really picks and chooses or signs like 2 from a stack of 100. I am gonna try him through the AFL soon though....

Yankeesfan81
09-05-2010, 05:13 PM
I've seen him sign TTM through his home address, I am pretty sure if he signs he really picks and chooses or signs like 2 from a stack of 100. I am gonna try him through the AFL soon though....

That's the exact reason I sent a $20 for his charity. Only increases the odds. I've seen successes in 2008 from his past home in Indiana. Unfortunately, this address has also seen many RTS. Good luck in sending.

limitedplay50
09-05-2010, 05:21 PM
That's the exact reason I sent a $20 for his charity. Only increases the odds. I've seen successes in 2008 from his past home in Indiana. Unfortunately, this address has also seen many RTS. Good luck in sending.

What is Mattingly going to do with 20 bucks?

Yankeesfan81
09-05-2010, 05:49 PM
What is Mattingly going to do with 20 bucks?

It was for his charity. They supply underprivileged children with like a baseball league.

chrisborene
09-05-2010, 08:24 PM
i can only recall like 2 people getting him ttm from this site since i became a member 10/08, i was lucky enough to get him in person at a dodger game when they were playing in san diego got him to sign a dodger poster signed by 34 other dodgers, and that was the only thing he signed inside the stadium when i was there, guess it caught his eye cause it was an unique piece, hope that helps.

Yankeesfan81
09-05-2010, 09:20 PM
i can only recall like 2 people getting him ttm from this site since i became a member 10/08, i was lucky enough to get him in person at a dodger game when they were playing in san diego got him to sign a dodger poster signed by 34 other dodgers, and that was the only thing he signed inside the stadium when i was there, guess it caught his eye cause it was an unique piece, hope that helps.

I've heard mixed successes TTM. But thats pretty cool you got his autograph at a game nontheless. Thanks, hope I get lucky.

wmhc28413
09-06-2010, 09:15 AM
from what i can find don hasnt returned anything since 11/09... so i would cross your fingers but dont hold your breath on this one....

good luck...

TheHeel
09-06-2010, 09:34 AM
I sent a request to him in June to his Indy address....nothing yet...going to to write this off soon.

mmalpedo01
09-06-2010, 10:24 AM
He signs during a very small window once per year. You need to send to his house during that time period. Sign up on his official fan site and they will notify you when he will sign. At least this is the way it worked in 08'. Good luck.

limitedplay50
09-06-2010, 02:20 PM
It was for his charity. They supply underprivileged children with like a baseball league.

thats cool

indyreds
09-06-2010, 02:57 PM
I never tried via TTM, but was lucky enough to have this legend sign IP when he showed up to help some Yankees AAA players during batting practice. He was a very nice, willing and friendly signer back then. I can see why he was your favorite player. He always carried himself with dignity and played the role of a winner at a time when the Yankees were anything, but that. It is a shame that he did not get to play as long as we all would have liked. Best of luck running down his autograph.

Yankeesfan81
09-06-2010, 03:47 PM
from what i can find don hasnt returned anything since 11/09... so i would cross your fingers but dont hold your breath on this one....

good luck...

lol. Thanks. I will let everyone know if I get anything. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Yankeesfan81
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I sent a request to him in June to his Indy address....nothing yet...going to to write this off soon.

Sorry, maybe something will turn up.

Yankeesfan81
09-06-2010, 04:18 PM
I never tried via TTM, but was lucky enough to have this legend sign IP when he showed up to help some Yankees AAA players during batting practice. He was a very nice, willing and friendly signer back then. I can see why he was your favorite player. He always carried himself with dignity and played the role of a winner at a time when the Yankees were anything, but that. It is a shame that he did not get to play as long as we all would have liked. Best of luck running down his autograph.

Thanks. He should be in the HOF, no matter what anyone says. Congrats on the nice auto. Hope I get as lucky as you.

Yankeesfan81
09-06-2010, 04:19 PM
He signs during a very small window once per year. You need to send to his house during that time period. Sign up on his official fan site and they will notify you when he will sign. At least this is the way it worked in 08'. Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that if I don't get anything this season.

Yankeesfan81
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Sorry. I'd still wait till the end of the season though. He may not have gotten to his home in a while. Hope something turns up.