PDA

View Full Version : First draft of the season, How'd I do?

gladdyontherise
09-06-2010, 07:38 PM
First draft of the year for me, ended up being a 16 team league, 4 divisions and 6 points per passing TD and return yards recieve points as well. I had the 8th pick.

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Beanie Wells
RB Ronnie Brown
WR Wes Welker
WR Devin Hester
WR Steve Breaston
TE Heath Miller
BN QB Chad Henne
BN RB Ahmad Bradshaw
BN WR Santonio Holmes
BN WR Anthony Gonzalez
BN RB Toby Gerhart
BN QB Derek Anderson (inside joke)

K Kris Brown (need to cut)

DEF Carolina

Team will be really strong at WR once i get Holmes back, but i got him late enough its worth it, Breaston should be solid as a #3 WR, my RBs are kinda questionable with Brown's issues and Wells since Arizona is a mess right now, but Bradshaw should do well with the Giants.

OnePimpTiger
09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
I actually like the RBs better than the WRs. QB is money, obviously. TE is solid, I think Heath will improve his production this year. I worry about Ronnie and Beanie too, but they can both put up good numbers, and Ahmad Bradshaw is going to rock the world this year.

As for the WRs, Welker is good if it's PPR (i assume that's what receiving points means?) and Holmes should be good when he returns, but other than that, I don't like any of the others. Hester could end up being the #3 WR on the Bears...Knox will definitely be #1 and Aromashodu will be #2 if he continues playing like he did towards the end of the season last year. Breaston is the #2 WR on a team that has Derek Anderson at QB, 'nuff said. I'm honestly not drafting a single Cardinal this year for that fact alone, even Fitz. And Gonzo could return to some sort of relevancy, but with Wayne, Clark, Garcon, and Collie, I'm not counting on it.

But as with every fantasy question, we won't know until the games are played...I have my opinion, you have yours, that's what makes it so fun. Hope the team works out for ya, good luck!

gladdyontherise
09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I actually like the RBs better than the WRs. QB is money, obviously. TE is solid, I think Heath will improve his production this year. I worry about Ronnie and Beanie too, but they can both put up good numbers, and Ahmad Bradshaw is going to rock the world this year.

As for the WRs, Welker is good if it's PPR (i assume that's what receiving points means?) and Holmes should be good when he returns, but other than that, I don't like any of the others. Hester could end up being the #3 WR on the Bears...Knox will definitely be #1 and Aromashodu will be #2 if he continues playing like he did towards the end of the season last year. Breaston is the #2 WR on a team that has Derek Anderson at QB, 'nuff said. I'm honestly not drafting a single Cardinal this year for that fact alone, even Fitz. And Gonzo could return to some sort of relevancy, but with Wayne, Clark, Garcon, and Collie, I'm not counting on it.

But as with every fantasy question, we won't know until the games are played...I have my opinion, you have yours, that's what makes it so fun. Hope the team works out for ya, good luck!
Yea, as soon as i found myself taking Hester, I knew I was sunk on my recievers, but Welker/Holmes come week 5 will be a good 1-2 combo, and Breaston should be a servicable #3, my goal is to get someone on waivers early on but with 16 teams is was either having worse RBs or worse WRs

BigBadBootyDaddy
09-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Your Bench is as strong if not stronger than your starters. Look for Bradshaw to have a breakout season.

phil10123
09-07-2010, 06:53 AM
You have a great QB quality RB's but your recievers IMO will make or break your season. I look for Beanie to have a great season as the Cardinals will be going to a more run oriented scheme and if he can stay healthy Wells is just what that team needs. Ronnie Brown iffy RB2 he will run wildcat plays but it is hard to say what you will get week to week. Wes Welkers health is a question mark. How will he hold up to the cutting needed to play his style of WR. Holmes could be good starting along side Edwards all depends on Sanchez to be able to get the ball downfield.