PDA

View Full Version : Autographed Baseball Jersey

crankbait09
10-01-2010, 03:22 PM
I have a question about obtaining autographs on a baseball jersey.

I think I know the answer but kinda unsure.

I have an authentic Cincinnati Reds jersey that I bought about 8 years ago. In 2002 or there abouts I had about 10 players autograph that jersey that were playing on the Reds during that time, including the HOF broadcaster Marty Brenneman.

With it now being 2010 as well as the years to come..............if I were to add current Reds player's autos to that jersey and continue to stock pile the jersey with autos as time goes on, the jersey would increase in value right? (more signatures = more value, right?)

OR

Does the jersey lose value since the autos are from different years and not just one season/one team of a specific year?

No intentions of selling this but would like to know it is of greater value down the road................

jyosi
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Really it depends, for example a yankees jersey signed by any of the stars of the last 100 years would make it worth more. With a reds jersey from this era, I don't think anything will reall effect its value. If you got joe morgan or somebody like that on it, it probably still wouldn't change the value. A single signed morgan would probably be worth more to most collectors. Does that opinion make sense?