PDA

View Full Version : Problems with a memorabilia shop...HELP!

phrank25
10-16-2010, 08:56 PM
So i bought a jersey on ebay and had it sent of to a memorabillia shop to be signed on the 16th( today). Now before sending it off i called the shop to get all the proper info as far as sending it out and writing the check and all. I was told if i wanted to, to call the day before the signing to double check if it arrived. Well i call the day before the signing and the shop owner tells me it hasnt arrived. Not only has it not arrived but they then tell me they have been having trouble recieving mail for signings the last 2 months. Now heres how i see it..if they knew they have had trouble with their mail and i called weeks before the signing to get information shouldnt they have been somewhat obliged to mention this problem? Now im out a $80 jersey and a check for 50 bucks floating around. Should i be mad at the shops lack of comunication? What should i do?

jyosi
10-16-2010, 10:54 PM
What does the ebay seller say about the tracking number on the jersey? I would start there. If the jersey really hasn't been delivered you know the shop is being honest.

You can also call you bank and cancel the check that you mailed.

dherm360
10-16-2010, 11:01 PM
whos jersey was it?

GUCD231
10-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Since you sent the Jersey,it would be your responsibility to get a Sig Conf or at the very least a Dc#.For 75 cents you could have at least found out if the store received it or not.From what you explained Ebay or the seller of the jersey has nothing to do with it.As far as the check,just cancel it.I do hope it turns up for you.

phrank25
10-17-2010, 12:54 AM
No no no i got the jesey( Daryl Strawberry 86 World Series Edition) from ebay no problem. Once it arrived( id say around the 3rd) i contaced Celebrity Sports in Coral Springs FL about pricing becuse he was doing a signing today. The owner told me how to box it , the address etc etc. Then today comes buy and i call to check on the arrival of m package. ONLY THEN does the owner tell me he has been having problems the last two months recieving TTM items. He said he had the same problem last month whn Ricky Williams came through to sign .

They knew there was a good chance my mail might get lost, bu they let me send it anyway. Yes my fault for no geting the insurance but the dealer has to have a good bit of blam as well for letting people send items into thir flawed sytem

wolf1bh
10-17-2010, 01:17 AM
that sounds shady on their part- "problems" with ttms? i always get the delivery confirmation sticker for .75 cents on anything worth more than $50 bucks. cancel the check with the bank and hope the jersey comes back, but i wouldnt count on it. well on the bright side at least it only cost you 80 bucks and not a $500 game worn or somthing. contact the post office, maybe they have had other complaints about the guy and will investigate.

jyosi
10-17-2010, 01:24 AM
Oh, I thought you meant you instructed the ebay seller to ship the jersey directly to the shop. It does sound really shady. People don't just have problems getting their mail. That makes no sense. If you have an address you get your mail delivered every day. Only reason a memorabilia shop could have problems receiving mail is if they have a mail man who knows what he is delivering there and keeping some of it for himself.

I'd call the post office that delivers to that shop.