PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Bench - PLEASE HELP!!

jimjim
11-07-2010, 09:15 AM
Anybody have a home address for Johnny Bench? Not the one for Johnny Bench Enterprises (on his website), but his real home address? Thanks.

cyberer
11-07-2010, 10:05 AM
does he sign? or is that what you hope to discover?

jimjim
11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
No history of signing. Just thought I would give it a try.

FlyersFan
11-07-2010, 10:59 AM
Good luck, I met Johnny in person once and he is kind of an (acts like he is to good for you to talk to). With that said I still want to get him on a ball since he was a Red.

mmalpedo01
11-07-2010, 12:01 PM
I am pretty sure he still lives in the Cincy area. I will second the fact that he is not very nice IP. I have never seen a TTM success. Good luck.

Headshot
11-07-2010, 01:22 PM
I had a TTM success with him back in 1983! Times have changed.

TheGrapher
11-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I met him once and took a picture at a signing. Didn't get auto. He asked if I came here just to take pictures. He wasn't rude, not the nicest person, but I have met worse.

indyreds
11-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I worked for a company that he was a spokesperson for back in the late 1990's. He was coming to town and there was talk he might be coming to my worksite. I was thrilled till a memo came out that said any employee asking for Benches autograph would be fired! That is a true story! Memo said they would fire you for asking for his auto while on the clock! Glad I only spent two months with that crappy company! Lowered my respect for Bench as well as I had to assume he knew about that rule. Glad he did not show up where I was working as I would have asked him about it. I was a very cocky kid back then!

BigRedMachine
11-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Your best bet for Bench is to find him at a signing. He usually signs there slightly cheaper than on his website. For instance he is signing at the MAB show, the price for a ROMLB is $69 with the first inscription free. On his site he signs a ROMLB for $60 + $20 for an inscription. These are about the only 2 ways I know of getting his auto.

jimjim
11-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Your best bet for Bench is to find him at a signing. He usually signs there slightly cheaper than on his website. For instance he is signing at the MAB show, the price for a ROMLB is $69 with the first inscription free. On his site he signs a ROMLB for $60 + $20 for an inscription. These are about the only 2 ways I know of getting his auto.

Yeah, I know about that. I'd rather not spend that kind of coin on someone who has been doing the show circuit for decades. Rather buy one off of ebay. Bytheway, he used to be $40 with one free inscription on his website. When he became a MAB exclusive, he jacked up his prices on his website. I guess to keep people from circumventing MAB.