PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mantle UDA Auto Ball Questions??????

GUCD231
11-19-2010, 07:50 AM
Just curious what you guys think is a fair(meaning what would you pay for this) estimate is on this one.Ball has a very light overall toning no dark yellow spots or anything.I believe he signed a 3 year Upper Deck contract for at least 6 months before his passing.To be honest would this be considered his only legitimate auto ball?If not what others does he have that would be comparable? Are there any UDA knock offs? Thanks so much for any input you can contribute.

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo106/GUCD231/mantle.jpg

gottagitdemjs
11-19-2010, 11:13 AM
For a UDA ball, I'd say $600-$700+ wouldn't be out of the question.

GUCD231
11-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Seems that would be the going rate for something like this.Thanks for your post.
For a UDA ball, I'd say $600-$700+ wouldn't be out of the question.

Vegas
01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm a little late here, but Mantle and Ted Williams both had exclusive deals with Upper Deck back in the 90's. With the large amount of fakes that exist, I would only buy an Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle or Williams ball. You can expect to pay $300+ for a Williams and $500+ for a Mantle. Some of the older hologram numbers aren't in Upper Deck's online database, but you can call their customer service number and they can verify the hologram number for you. I would recommend doing this prior to making a purchase just to be sure.

GUCD231
01-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah, i got a great deal on the Mantle and it has since been sold on Ebay for $700.I couldn't think of just keeping such a beautiful ball locked away in a closet.
I'm a little late here, but Mantle and Ted Williams both had exclusive deals with Upper Deck back in the 90's. With the large amount of fakes that exist, I would only buy an Upper Deck Authenticated Mantle or Williams ball. You can expect to pay $300+ for a Williams and $500+ for a Mantle. Some of the older hologram numbers aren't in Upper Deck's online database, but you can call their customer service number and they can verify the hologram number for you. I would recommend doing this prior to making a purchase just to be sure.