PDA

View Full Version : how to crash a professional signing

cyberer
12-29-2010, 04:23 PM
hey guys, i am ideologically opposed to paying greedy autograph dealers 50 dollars to go into their store and get a celebrity autograph. As a result, I wanted to share an idea that I have often kicked around.

If you know an athlete is going to be at said store at said time in a mall, if you could get there shortly before or shortly after the signing is scheduled to be and tell the athlete on the way in or out that you wanted to get his autograph but you werent able to get a ticket from the store, I bet you'd be able to get certain guys to sign for you in advance or after their signing.

Anyone try this approach? I am seriously debating trying it out.

cwells52
12-29-2010, 05:07 PM
Why would you do that to someone that is putting a signing together? Just because you don't want to pay for an autograph doesn't mean someone else doesn't. Chances are the athlete won't give two craps about you not getting a ticket as they are paid to be there. Personally if I was the one putting the signing on and caught someone doing it, I'd probably punch them in the mouth...

Riggs
12-29-2010, 05:17 PM
i think at a payed signing for an athlete its going to be very tough to get a free sig from them coming or going. simple fact the promotor is going to be right at his/her side coming & maybe going &...

cyberer
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
im going to try this coming week with a big star player signing. as for your comment if 50 dollars isnt worth it to me- i get so many star athlete signatures in person for free, that I will not pay for ANY autographs. If babe ruth was cloned and/or reincarnated im not paying 75 bucks for him to sign for me. It's more just a financial and ideological objection to having to pay someone. I have gotten all stars and hall of famers for free.

Yes it definitely limits the players you can get to a certain extent, but my wallet is heavier and my collection is still formidable.

What I don't get is how these working class guys can throw down 200 dollars a pop for autos of guys like Roy Halladay or something all the time. I am in a better financial state than that and still could NEVER justify that kind of signing, and I am a huge fan.

And yes, I understand that it will probably annoy the booking agent for the signing, but it is by no means illegal and not even unethical to request a free autograph as the player is coming or going. And as for some psychotic booking agent punching me in the mouth, that's why private citizens have the right to bear arms.

white2128
12-29-2010, 07:22 PM
I've been to Steiner for Hank Aaron, Phil Hughes, and Joba Chamerlain. They usually had people walk in with them. First, they do a private signing in the back room of the Steiner Store for items to be sold online/in store. Then, when they walk out they have their manager/store manager/handlers or whatever walking out with them. I saw Phil Hughes walk in and he had 2 guys with him and he said hello and stuff on the way in, but didnt sign

Sawks14
12-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Really?

This past summer I was in Cooperstown the Friday of induction weekend. I was standing under a tent with a ton of people because it was storming out. Fergie Jenkins walks out of a pizza place and is hanging out for a second. A dad and his little kid(both rocking Cubs hats) walk by and the dad tells the kid all about Fergie and they walk up and the little kid politely asks Mr. Jenkins to sign his ball. Fergie, who may be the nicest HOFer I met that day, signs it for him and talks to him about playing baseball for a minute.

Within 2 seconds of the little kid walking away beaming ear to ear with a smile about 10 people in their 20s-30s run up to Fergie and jump on him demanding free autos. They couldn't let a nice moment for a little kid just happen but instead needed to scam what they could out of it. Fergie politely declined and went back into the store next door where he was signing for $25. The guy couldn't even get a minute to himself or do something nice for a kid without people ruining it.

My point is "crashing a signing" or demanding free autos because so and so got one and getting ™™™™™™ about it just alienate athletes and makes handlers more and more a necessity.

One thing I heard when I was waiting in the Reggie Jackson line(for 3hrs) was some people will wait until the end of a signing time frame and if the line is empty they'll try and cut a deal with the promoter or store for a free inscription or discount. The guy behind me in line said a lot of time they'll tell you to get lost but sometimes you can luck out. Personally I've never tried it and after seeing guys arrive late and leave early wouldn't chance it but if your dead set on saving a couple bucks it may be an option that doesn't involve hiding in the shadows or jumping all over an athlete for an auto.

tigsfan
12-29-2010, 08:07 PM
I've been to Steiner for Hank Aaron, Phil Hughes, and Joba Chamberlain. They usually had people walk in with them. First, they do a private signing in the back room of the Steiner Store for items to be sold online/in store. Then, when they walk out they have their manager/store manager/handlers or whatever walking out with them. I saw Phil Hughes walk in and he had 2 guys with him and he said hello and stuff on the way in, but didnt signThis is how my local store does it too, but w/ the Mall Security (yeah, it's in a mall) making sure those who didn't pay to see him can't get within spitting distance of him.

Just don't do it, because then you not only PO the store owner: but the chances are the player too. And guess what, both of those guys have a lot of friends and can remember a place really well. The players will tell their teammates not to sign at _______ because you will asked to give a free sig, which means the owner would have trouble bringing players in. Keep this worse case scenario going and you just closed that store. Either pay for it or don't try and live without his scribble.

jyosi
12-29-2010, 09:57 PM
If it is any sort of legitimate signing the promoter will have it in the contract for the celebrity not to sign anything on his way to or from the signing.

MNsportznut
12-29-2010, 10:59 PM
I don't know how you can criticize the dealer/shop owner. He's doing you ( the collector ) a service. He probably makes little to nothing ( maybe a few free auto's )
from doing it. Seems to me like the REAL thief here is the star player, who's making millions every year.

autocollectr79
12-30-2010, 12:26 AM
cyberer- yes it does work. not always but ive gotten autographs from events where there are multiple athletes at (ex. national sports card show) u may not be able to get specifically the ones u want but out of all the athletes,u wont walk away empty handed.some do get mad and tell u buy a ticket but some will sign.never tried for an individual signing.i say go for it and good luck

indyreds
12-30-2010, 12:40 AM
Dude the promoter brought him in and you reward him by trying to avoid paying? That is the ultimate rude move! He tried to do you a favor by bringing a player that you would have seen and you try to find a way to take money from his pocket? I understand not wanting to pay a high price for an auto. Should the price be too high do not go! Do not make the experience tougher for the folks waiting in line or for the player by trying to go around the system!

jyosi
12-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Thinking a promoter is doing anyone a favor is ridiculous. The promoter brought the athlete in to make money in some aspect whether it be signing fee, merchandise sales, store traffic or something else.

Go for it if you really want to. I would personally feel like an idiot if I were trying this alone. If you have a crowd with you, ie outside the National, it wouldn't seem as stupid. Who is the athlete?

jimjim
12-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Micheal Vick 1/4/11 King of Prussia Mall in Philadelphia.

Good luck on that. They have security walk him in and walk him out. Plus you will have his agent, the people from MAB, and his posse. Do you really think he just drives up alone in his car and parks it outside of Macy's to do a little shopping before he does the signing??!!

metrotheme
12-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Yeah most of them have it in their contract that if they give away freebies before the signing that it will void their contract.

ranks58
12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
your threads never cease to amazing me....sheesh
if i was waiting in line, after paying a $50 signing fee, and saw you doing that, it wouldnt be the promoter you had to worry about...
and if i saw that after coming out from the signing, same deal...

everyones pretty much covered how i feel about this...i dont feel the promoter is doing this out of the goodness of his heart at all, he's trying to make money plain and simple and to me, what you're doing/plan on doing equates to theft...plus, how ignorant and rude can you be to, right in front of people that have PAID for the auto, walk up and request a free one just because you're too proud/cheap to pay for it

you should look into becoming an autograph dealer, you'd probably make a killing seeing as you have the perfect attitude for it

jyosi
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
He has the attitude, but not the knowledge. Any dealer would be on the phone with the promoter right now trying to cut a deal on 10 or more items because they know if the Eagles win a few playoff games you won't be able to touch Eagles Vick items for near that price. A dealer wouldn't waste his time trying to get 1 free signature.

To me it isn't the dealers who ruin autographs. The dealers know what they are doing and they know if they ruin it they don't make any money.

Alright, back to the point. Now that we know it is Vick I think you are wasting your time trying to get it for free and I recommend paying the money and flipping whatever you get signed in about a month.

ranks58
12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
He has the attitude, but not the knowledge. Any dealer would be on the phone with the promoter right now trying to cut a deal on 10 or more items because they know if the Eagles win a few playoff games you won't be able to touch Eagles Vick items for near that price. A dealer wouldn't waste his time trying to get 1 free signature.

To me it isn't the dealers who ruin autographs. The dealers know what they are doing and they know if they ruin it they don't make any money.

Alright, back to the point. Now that we know it is Vick I think you are wasting your time trying to get it for free and I recommend paying the money and flipping whatever you get signed in about a month.

the good ones do that yeah...but what he's asking/planning to do sounds like something one of those sleazy dealers that push kids out of the way would do

bob9826
12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
wow really this is ridiculous, if your such a good grapher why dont get Vick or Whoever around the stadium or something. If they saw you do that i bet theyd kick you out. And also like people said they always bring people in through the back at most places and is around a bunch of people.

bball15fan
12-30-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree with everyone here... If I were to pay (which I dont think anyone likes to do, but know its the right thing to do) I would be really annoyed if someone was trying to get a free one from the by waiting elsewhere. I would have more respect for someone atleast trying to sneak an extra thing in to get signed because atleast they contributed in some way.

autocollectr79
12-30-2010, 11:22 AM
alot of ppl dont know about the hotel,stadium thing or know just dont know how to do it so they pay for signings.i big name like vick,and especially with the year hes having id either pay or just try at the hotel/stadium.your not goin to get a free one this time.if it was somebody else then id say go for the free try

palantri
12-30-2010, 11:22 AM
Im just kind of curious if you have this attitude with life in general. When you go grocery shopping, do you try to sneak some extra stuff in your cart after youve paid? Do you grab a free shirt at the mall because you dont believe the price the store is selling it for is fair. Dude, I hate to say it, but this post makes you come off as a thief, plain and simple

cyberer
12-30-2010, 12:50 PM
I will address certain comments individually, then give my thoughts on this issue on the whole.

1. Anyone claiming a dealer is doing anyone a service by having a signing is hilariously off the mark. I know several dealers, and I can tell you they not only make lots of money off of the ticket prices that they sell to people (50 dollars for an inscription on top of the ticket, hilarious!), they also get dozens and dozens of free autos that they certify and sell for hundreds or thousands of dollars. They are trying to benefit from their connections, which is fine and dandy by me, but I do not have to pay it.

2. Several people have said that I would annoy or PO either A. the people who host the signing or B. the people who paid for his autograph. While I do not disagree that I would annoy these people, let's not confuse annoying people with something that is morally wrong. Several people on here have told stories where at a card show they have gotten athletes walking around the show after their signing for which tickets were sold. This is really the same thing.

3. The person who likened this method to stealing groceries is likewise hilarious. One is stealing, the other is not. If a player will sign his name for me, that is not theft regardless of the circumstances. The fact that it may be in his contract not to sign is his business if he chooses not to, but this is A. not theft, B. not a crime, C. not even morally wrong. Again, if people that paid are angry about it, it is just because they realize what is true about ALL AUTOGRAPHS- you don't have to pay for them if you are smart. If I get this free autograph, I'm not stealing from the promoter because he is not the one that gave me the autograph- the player is of his own free will. And I am also not stealing from the other people who paid- they are still getting what they paid for. Again, they are just annoyed, whether they know it or not, because the sponsor of the signing STOLE THEIR MONEY for an autograph that can be obtained for free.

4. As for my "attitude on life," (because someone is really able to tell this about me from a few posts on a baseball card message board), I will put forth an argument that someone else in this thread has said. Autograph dealers benefit from the fact that people on the whole don't know how to get autographs at stadiums, at hotels or at other appearances. I do not support this blinding profiteering. Since I go to many Philly free signings, I sit around and chit chat with dealers all the time (1-2 in particular are always there) and I hear them talk about all the signings that they do and how they con people like this and get sweet deals for themselves.

In short, not paying for autographs is something that I feel pretty strongly about. And if I know an athlete is going to be in X place, then I am going to give it a shot. This is regardless of whether this player is doing a radio show, doing a sponsorship appearance or doing a paid signing. The context of how I find him is pretty irrelevent to me.

Indian71
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Just look at it this way, say you're a big Vick fan, wouldn't it be be easier to pay the fee to get one of your favorite player's autographs? And if you're not a Vick fan, then why would you be wanting his autograph? Someone talked about something similar to this a while ago in saying that if you're just getting autographs of random sports stars, your collection has no sentimental value and it could also turn good signers bad. Why not just get the autographs you WANT instead of getting autographs for the sake of having them?

Riggs
12-30-2010, 01:47 PM
if im not mistaken, Think the promoter is part of this community. I remember seeing atleast 2 threads awhile back about this signing. He may not be the promoter but was asking if people had items they wanted signed. pay the fee, s & hing & he would hook you up. I looked in the forums but couldnt find it, But if he gets wind of this thread, your little plan wont work. dont think its going to anyways.

slitz
12-30-2010, 03:14 PM
if I was the athlete I would just point to the line at the shop

REDANDGOLDPRIDE
12-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Insert face palm smiley.

C'mon man.

cyberer
12-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Again, I'm glad you all have 50-100 bucks to drop on an auto on a regular basis. I don't.

It is the athletes prerogative to tell me to get in line, but that won't necessarily stop me from trying. And if he's on the way out he won't have a line in the store to point to.

tboculosis
12-30-2010, 03:35 PM
What I don't get is how these working class guys can throw down 200 dollars a pop for autos of guys like Roy Halladay or something all the time. I am in a better financial state than that and still could NEVER justify that kind of signing, and I am a huge fan.

Huge fan? Sorry, but sounds more along the lines of a cheapskate. While everybody loves free autographs, trying to score autographs for free before or after a paid signing is a pretty low move any grapher could make.

Indian71
12-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Huge fan? Sorry, but sounds more along the lines of a cheapskate. While everybody loves free autographs, trying to score autographs for free before or after a paid signing is a pretty low move any grapher could make.
Precisely the point I was trying to make in my post. Im glad somebody can relate.

Riggs
12-30-2010, 03:43 PM
Again, I'm glad you all have 50-100 bucks to drop on an auto on a regular basis. I don't.

we dont, or atleast i dont.. there for i wouldnt bother going to the payed signing for Vick to try & score a freebie.

cyberer
12-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Want to talk about a "low move?" How about charging people for autographs and making money that way, while also getting dozens of autographs on the side that you will sell on ebay for several thousand dollars.

I am never going to sell any autos on ebay, so I would propose that my trying to get a free auto is less of a "low move" than these profiteers.

Also, while I am a huge fan, I am also not in financial spot to pay that much for autos. So I am a huge fan and I guess frugal, but not a cheapskate. However I do like free autos.

I am obviously in the minority but I ask that you refrain from attacking me as some have.

bob9826
12-30-2010, 03:51 PM

It is the athletes prerogative to tell me to get in line, but that won't necessarily stop me from trying. And if he's on the way out he won't have a line in the store to point to. No one has that much to spend but when were a big fan of a player we cant get we pay the Fee because we save for it

+1

Want to talk about a "low move?" How about charging people for autographs and making money that way, while also getting dozens of autographs on the side that you will sell on ebay for several thousand dollars.

I am never going to sell any autos on ebay, so I would propose that my trying to get a free auto is less of a "low move" than these profiteers.

Also, while I am a huge fan, I am also not in financial spot to pay that much for autos. So I am a huge fan and I guess frugal, but not a cheapskate. However I do like free autos.

I am obviously in the minority but I ask that you refrain from attacking me as some have.
Thats not a "low move" to sell autographs on the side for thousands of dollars because there paying for them, they dont get them free from him they pay for all of them includeing the ones signed instore ahead of time to sell its not a low move its called Business and making money to live. If your a huge fan then why arent you outside of the stadium every sunday for eagles games when there intown and outside there hotel the night before homegames? That would prove your a Huge fan because you spent the time trying to meet Vick.

REDANDGOLDPRIDE
12-30-2010, 03:55 PM

It is the athletes prerogative to tell me to get in line, but that won't necessarily stop me from trying. And if he's on the way out he won't have a line in the store to point to.

Just because you don't have the correct means of getting something doesn't justify you trying to con your way into getting it.

white2128
12-30-2010, 04:02 PM
If you want a free auto, try TTMing or going to see the athlete at a game if you are opposed to paying. If you are a HUGE fan of the person and NEED to have his autograph, then the money shouldn't seem that bad. However, I don't know if the attacks on his character are necessary. Nobody likes spending money, and we don't know what financial state he may be in. I think we can all agree that autographs are overpriced in many of the most famous dealers, like Steiner for instance. Jeter has a signing once a month with them, so they never run out of his autos, but they still cost $600! However, he's earned the right to make money off of his name and I think we have to respect that.

Polishgooner
12-30-2010, 05:10 PM
This is a store right?

There's a difference between a dealer and a store owner well at least in my area. My local autograph/jersey/card/collectible store owner brings in players for a few bucks, gets things signed and then sells them to the public or will do a IP signing instead and all the players know their autographs will be sold.

To me he's just running a business, doing his job and I also don't like to pay for an autograph but once you maintain a relationship I can get good deals on other stuff too like unsigned balls,pucks,jerseys etc. and I like to support my local business. Like what someone else said if you don't agree with the fee then don't support their business, easy as that.

Then there's dealers who go to free signings, hotels, the airport, practice with like 20 photos of each player. They hire kids to go get more autos at the hotel (true story, that's why I'm against sharing hotel info because this guy always asks people around him "so where did the Blackhawks stay last night?") and are very rude to others. Then they go and sell all the graphs they got on ebay which in my mind its not a legitimate business but a quick buck.

If you can't afford it then don't get it and move on and maybe one day an opportunity for a free graph will come. It's not like someone is threatening "you better get that Vick autograph or else."

JVazz29
12-30-2010, 05:41 PM
This has been an incredibly interesting thread to read simply b/c it brings up many good talking points regarding the ethics and morals of the graphing hobby.

While I completely disagree with what Cyberer is going to do, I would like to play 'Devil's Advocate."

What is the difference b/w crashing a signing and attempting to send TTM w/o a fee when you know the person may require one? (I admit...I have attempted to do so, I do not have the financial means for some of the prices, but I feel the heartfelt and genuine letter for an athlete you truly care about can go a long way).

I don't like paying for a graph, however, I do feel it is wrong and immoral to crash a signing. It is an insult to the promoter and those that used their hard earned money for a chance to meet said athlete. We can say what we want about promoters and/or dealers, but the bottom line is that, for them, this is their business and may be one of the ways they put food on their family's table. Ridiculous prices at times? Yes, but to crash a signing is, in a roundabout way a theft of service. They are providing a service/good and you are trying to jump through a loophole to dodge payment. If the athlete gives it to you, then fine. Congratulations, but throw an * next to it because it was an unethical success.

The idea that this is no different than meeting an athlete who happens to be wandering a show is not correct. There is a big difference. The Fergie Jenkins example is a good one. Was that father and son standing at that point, attempting to pounce on Fergie b/c they knew he was signing but they didn't want to pay? I can't say for sure, but most likely not. It was coincidence. If you happen to see or bump into an athlete at a show, that is most likely a coincidence. What makes your situation different is that you are showing a CLEAR INTENT to create the situation and compromise the official signing.

At a signing, there is a line that needn't be crossed and you are going to leap right over it. A signing is a business transacation b/w the athlete & dealer and the fan & dealer...you are looking to compromise this norm and in the process insult the fans, the athlete ("seriously buddy, these folks just paid handsomely and you want a free one?"), the dealer, and yourself. If it is Michael Vick that you are after, do it the right way and tough it out at the stadium or hotel or training camp. I think with Vick, you are asking for trouble. I once saw a group of about 30 people come to near riot standards when Seth Joyner (former Philly LB) stopped a free signing when he had already stayed an extra 1/2 hour. That was in Bethlehem, PA at a small department store. You are looking to pounce on Vick, the hottest athlete in sports, in the immediate Philly area amongst hardcore Eagles fans...leaving the rest open for interpretation.

With that said, I do understand your points regarding paying for autographs. I actually find myself agreeing, partially, with some of your points. However, I think it goes too far and in the wrong way in the case of "crashing a signing."

Sawks14
12-30-2010, 05:45 PM
In short, not paying for autographs is something that I feel pretty strongly about. And if I know an athlete is going to be in X place, then I am going to give it a shot. This is regardless of whether this player is doing a radio show, doing a sponsorship appearance or doing a paid signing. The context of how I find him is pretty irrelevent to me.

Then why bother us?

jyosi
12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
Clearly majority on here says what you are doing isn't right so despite what you think something with it is at least a little wrong. I say go and either you get a nice "m7" really quick from Vick or you look like an idiot.

$50 for Vick is a very good price and I bet he will be signing his better signature that actually contains a "V".

ChrisR
12-31-2010, 05:32 PM
LOL....you honestly think Vick will give you the time of day? One of his gang will either keep you at a distance and tell you f-off or Vick will flat out tell you "No problem, the line is over there...

jmmyboy
12-31-2010, 05:36 PM
unless you're doing it to steiner, "crashing" a signing is a ridiculous and rude thing to do. i would absolutely never do that, nor condone it.

Sawks14
12-31-2010, 09:28 PM
These events are not for guys like us. This is for the casual fan who has no idea about obtaining autographs. It's in Philly where the fans live. They don't care about the cost because it's their favorite player and they have no clue how to try and meet him anywhere but at an event like this.

I must say I am very thankful for sites like this so people can get 'in the know'. I couldn't believe the people in line for Whitey Ford in Cooperstown handing over $75 for an auto(just 1 of many examples).

Thank God for ttm.

cyberer
01-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Honestly I started this thread as a way of sharing for discussion an idea that I had. I wasn't sure if I really intended to do it, but for purposes of the discussion I said that I did. I am very sincere in my statements in this thread about the practice of paid signings- I think they are a crock of you know what. However I can see the disrespect angle that the previous poster put forth in his "devil's advocate" post. I doubt at this point that I am actually going to try it, but it was an interesting discussion.

I thank the people that stood up for me regarding the personal attacks.

Happy New Year!

lizard-jd
01-01-2011, 11:44 AM
There was a time when you could get Michael Vick TTM. I got these when I sent them in late July 2009. My wife will never forgive Vick for what he did but I will always say that he was/is one of the best players in the NFL. I don't recall ever posting these customs...

Ryno23
01-02-2011, 12:29 AM
cyberer, i am totally with you on this! i have the same exact views on all of this as you do, must be the philly fan way lol but yeah man totally go for it! whats the worst thats gonna happen, your gonna be in the same spot as you are now lol it is most def not a crime or theft, if you think so, please go back to high school and get a real education!
I do this stuff all the time and it has worked for me a lot! so go for it man! let me know how you do with the vick signing!

SteakNchop
01-02-2011, 12:36 AM
There was a time when you could get Michael Vick TTM. I got these when I sent them in late July 2009. My wife will never forgive Vick for what he did but I will always say that he was/is one of the best players in the NFL. I don't recall ever posting these customs...
Tell your wife that Vick went to jail for killing dogs. Bad. Also tell her that numerous pro football players beat up woman but don't get in trouble. Or what about that drunk driving football player who killed someone? In reality, hurting or killing a human is a lot worse than hurting or killing a dog.

Ryno23
01-02-2011, 12:48 AM
Tell your wife that Vick went to jail for killing dogs. Bad. Also tell her that numerous pro football players beat up woman but don't get in trouble. Or what about that drunk driving football player who killed someone? In reality, hurting or killing a human is a lot worse than hurting or killing a dog.

EXACTLY!!! Now only if the rest of the world would understand that

cyberer
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
cyberer, i am totally with you on this! i have the same exact views on all of this as you do, must be the philly fan way lol but yeah man totally go for it! whats the worst thats gonna happen, your gonna be in the same spot as you are now lol it is most def not a crime or theft, if you think so, please go back to high school and get a real education!
I do this stuff all the time and it has worked for me a lot! so go for it man! let me know how you do with the vick signing!

You've gotten free autos at a pay signing? How oftn has it worked, any tips?

jobes23
01-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Some people said it before and all but yes the promoter/store is making a profit but one he is running the business and two if it wasnt for him than you wouldn't have the chance to get his autograph if he wasn't there to sign

Ryno23
01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
You've gotten free autos at a pay signing? How oftn has it worked, any tips?

yeah i have gotten eldra buckley, lesean mccoy, ray rice, derrick mason, anquan boldin and a couple others, but then again i have been denied, but my ratio is too good to not try. and to who ever said that all the players never come alone, you are wrong, actually a bunch of the players drive by themselves and its not that hard to pick their car out of a parking lot. prolly most expensive, and in one of the first parking spaces near the back door....just go about it as if they were leaving the stadium and you should have some luck

smejus57
01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
You think the store owner is getting free autographs at a signing? Who do you think pays to bring the players to the store for the public to get? It's the store owners. The store owner is paying the player to show up. I just did a private signing with a local store, and the first thing the players agent did was ask the store owner how many pieces they had.

And it is NOT cheap for store owners to have these players.

BTW, with the pub that Vick brings, you won't get close to him in or out of the store on the day of the signing.

Not to mention, as some others mention, some store owners right in the contract that the players can't sign before or after the paid signing they are having. Your only chance is in the parking lot, you won't get it in the mall or right outside the store, most places send somebody to meet the player in the parking lot.

smejus57
01-02-2011, 04:03 PM
yeah i have gotten eldra buckley, lesean mccoy, ray rice, derrick mason, anquan boldin and a couple others, but then again i have been denied, but my ratio is too good to not try. and to who ever said that all the players never come alone, you are wrong, actually a bunch of the players drive by themselves and its not that hard to pick their car out of a parking lot. prolly most expensive, and in one of the first parking spaces near the back door....just go about it as if they were leaving the stadium and you should have some luck

Where were these signings at for these players?