PDA

View Full Version : Whew! My computer somehow gets infected with system tools 2011 virus!!

travlncard
01-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Just figured id share this as sort of a for warning, I remember a few years back a virus like this happening too... Well today I turn my computer on after coming home from dinner, and I notice a Warning on my desktop and a System Tools 2011 is now running a scan on my computer.:smash:
Telling me I have numerous infections on my system!! :boxing:

Well after freaking out, I hop on my new My Touch 4G, figure if I pay some damn much for this thing, it should be able to fix my computer for me :confused0024: type into Google System Tools and before I could even get it all typed in theres several options including removal options for System Tools 2011.

Well, me and reading instructions dont exactly go hand and hand, so I took the dummy way out, and went for the Youtube videos instead. :sign0020: needless to say, about 10 minutes later I had watched enough of 2 videos to attempt what needed to be done. I dont think it could have been done any quicker, the videos were exceptional! to say the least!! I managed to remove all threats, in safe mode, and restore my computer back to working order!

So first thing I wanted to do was find the creator of the videos and Thank them for posting, cause it worked perfectly, and I probably would have had to pay to get it fixed! when i went back to youtube, it said they were no longer users due to violations of the youtubes community agreement...blah blah blah! Its weird cause they kept their videos up, so obviously they work. Just figured id pass it along maybe could help someone out

andrewhoya
01-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Covet
01-16-2011, 09:59 PM
What websites were you on?

travlncard
01-16-2011, 10:13 PM
The last site i was on was actually here...:twitch: but i think it happened, when i was downloading a movie lastnight :nono: