PDA

View Full Version : Half of All States Now Suing to Stop Obamacare

OnePimpTiger
01-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Half of All States Now Suing to Stop Obamacare (http://blog.heritage.org/2011/01/12/half-of-all-states-now-suing-to-stop-obamacare/)

...the newly elected governors of Ohio, Oklahoma, Maine, and Wisconsin have all decided to sue the Obama administration in hopes of stopping Obamacare. Specifically, Gov. Mary Fallin of Oklahoma has announced that the Sooner State will pursue its own case against the law, while Govs. John Kasich (R) and Scott Walker (R) (of Ohio and Wisconsin respectively) will add their states to Florida’s multi-state suit. And yesterday, newly sworn-in state Attorney General William Schneider announced Maine would also join the the Florida litigation. That brings the number of states on the Florida suit to 23 and the total number of states suing to stop Obamacare (which includes Virginia and Oklahoma) to 25.

INTIMADATOR2007
01-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Ohio, Oklahoma, Maine, and Wisconsin...well look at that more hateful people who hate the President cause he's black well i'll be ..lol.

Seriously , what's the libs. going to say now .1/2 the countries Atty. Gen. say they are major problems with the Bill , For sure the name calling of racist and evil republicans can stop and they see ,the Country dose'nt want this piece of crap Law ..

11chaos
01-17-2011, 01:42 AM
Ohio, Oklahoma, Maine, and Wisconsin...well look at that more hateful people who hate the President cause he's black well i'll be ..lol.

You really think that it is because he is black. It's not, it's because he is trying to do something that no one but a few want.

gatorboymike
01-17-2011, 02:03 AM
You really think that it is because he is black. It's not, it's because he is trying to do something that no one but a few want.

No, he's being facetious and mocking the opposition.

Anyway, this whole thing is a debacle and it needs to just go away.

INTIMADATOR2007
01-17-2011, 03:15 PM
No, he's being facetious and mocking the opposition.

Anyway, this whole thing is a debacle and it needs to just go away.
:thumb:

theonedru
01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately the President is hellbent on forcing this upon us no matter how much the majority is against this. If this does open your eyes to the ignorance in politics today then I am at a loss to words at how meek and cowardly we have become to allow them to do such things.

habsheaven
01-18-2011, 07:32 PM
The individual states are challenging this legislation for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only .. and that reason has nothing to do with doing what the people want, or doing what they think is right. It has EVERYTHING to do with protecting their perceived TURF.

tutall
01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
The individual states are challenging this legislation for ONE REASON and ONE REASON only .. and that reason has nothing to do with doing what the people want, or doing what they think is right. It has EVERYTHING to do with protecting their perceived TURF.

Are you joking? People do not want this... they are doing this to preserve their jobs as this IS what the people want.....

tylermckinzie
01-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Actually, only 18% of the people want to repeal the law-

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/suspicious-health-law-hurt-economy-abc-news-washington/story?id=12639778

And even larger picture, fewer than four in 10 -- 37 percent -- favor repealing all or parts of the law; the rest either support it, or want to wait and see.

Just how does a repeal or a vote to stop it support what the people want?

Now, I want to be upfront and say I am in the 37% that want to support repealing parts of it. I am just pointing out that there are plenty of ways to argue those who say it isn't what the people want.

I agree you can find polls to support any side though, here you go:

On balance this poll, produced for ABC News by Langer Research Associates, finds that 50 percent of Americans oppose the health care reform law overall, while 45 percent support it

Simply put, I still can't understand why a compromise can't be met by either side, but I guess that's politics as usual.......

tutall
01-18-2011, 09:12 PM
If i had the time or the ambition (which right now i lack both) I would see what the rates of people wanting to repeal all or part of Obamacare in the states that are overturning it are.... I mean... I dont think it is a surprise states like Florida and Arizona are wanting to... I would have to guess strictly judging by the people I talk to on a daily basis the rate in Indiana would be much higher than your 37 percent also... I would say the rate is lower than that in states such as California who go mostly lib....

Its also weird that 54 percent think it will hurt the economy more than help yet they apparently are for that as they are in the wait and see catergory

INTIMADATOR2007
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Now they say 139 million americans have some sort of pre condition , where do they get there numbers ? Talk about putting the american people down , Now over 1/2 the country are walking dead ..lol...

Why can't we just have a special election to really see were the american people stand ..If the people vote it in Keep it if not scrap it ..

sanfran22
01-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Considering that in the US, the power is really supposed to be with the states, I don't see that as being an issue.

tylermckinzie
01-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Now they say 139 million americans have some sort of pre condition , where do they get there numbers ? Talk about putting the american people down , Now over 1/2 the country are walking dead ..lol...

Why can't we just have a special election to really see were the american people stand ..If the people vote it in Keep it if not scrap it ..

Just to point out, a pre-condition has nothing to do with walking dead.

For example, I had my insurance deny a portion of a visit I had for x-rays on my back/neck, and ultimately dropped from insurance when the rate was hiked for this. The reason? I broke my neck in 1996, and I just got this insurance in 2004. So now I am to be ruled out permanently for any kind of care on this for the rest of my life?

And hardly do I abuse this- I am required one set of x-rays and one visit every five years to make sure the vertebrae are still aligned.

OnePimpTiger
01-18-2011, 11:28 PM

What is perceived about it?

10th Amendment of the United States Constitution: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The power to require each citizen to buy health insurance is not one of the enumerated powers I remember as being granted to the federal government. Seems like pretty factual turf to me.

habsheaven
01-19-2011, 08:57 AM
What is perceived about it?

The power to require each citizen to buy health insurance is not one of the enumerated powers I remember as being granted to the federal government. Seems like pretty factual turf to me.

Granted, perceived may be the wrong word, and I have nothing against the states making that arguement. But, my point still stands, they are not waging this battle on behalf of the people, they are guarding their turf.

Star_Cards
01-19-2011, 12:19 PM

I don't see how saying a certain amount of americans have a precondition is a put down. Nor does it say they are walking dead. It simply states that they'd have a condition that an insurance company would deem a pre condition and potentially not cover or reject them all together.

I honestly don't know if the bill is worthy or not. I do know that there are things in the bill that will help improve the healthcare system. I think it would be a good thing if they could split the bill up. Pass the things that are pretty easy to see will be beneficial and agreed upon by most and they can adjust the others. It just stinks that everything has to be bundled up. I guess thats the status-quo for washington though. Use good and great ideas to tag along lesser ideas that help keep jobs and get votes in their states.

pghin08
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM

I like this idea. The problem with it is that opponents will always come out in far greater numbers than supporters (hence why midterm elections so often go the way of the party that doesn't control the White House).

If we could somehow get 100% turnout on that vote, then it would totally be the way to go. Have the people vote on the most important clauses within the bill, whatever passes gets signed into law and whatever gets shot down is written out of the bill.

By the way, when did you and I start agreeing with each other? This is like the 2nd or 3rd time in the past couple weeks! :hug:

duane1969
01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I like this idea. The problem with it is that opponents will always come out in far greater numbers than supporters (hence why midterm elections so often go the way of the party that doesn't control the White House).

If we could somehow get 100% turnout on that vote, then it would totally be the way to go. Have the people vote on the most important clauses within the bill, whatever passes gets signed into law and whatever gets shot down is written out of the bill.

By the way, when did you and I start agreeing with each other? This is like the 2nd or 3rd time in the past couple weeks! :hug:

I have a nice easy way to get people to vote. They vote when they pick up their paycheck/welfare check/social security check. Want to see people lining up to vote? Tie it to payday and they will.

That would also help with voter fraud since it would be tied to social security numbers. The way they do it now is a joke.

pghin08
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a nice easy way to get people to vote. They vote when they pick up their paycheck/welfare check/social security check. Want to see people lining up to vote? Tie it to payday and they will.

That would also help with voter fraud since it would be tied to social security numbers. The way they do it now is a joke.

Oh come on, Duane. That's just too logical. Geez :rolleyes:

brandonbarnett
01-19-2011, 04:01 PM
Well this would be great....Obamacare is awful to put on the country.
I myself don't have insurance, and if I have to go to the doc they work with me I pay a fair and easy rate.....but the Obamacare plan and how it works is something the U.S. just can't afford any more debt and not to mention how many doc's we are projected to lose from this....which can make it a awful time to get tests or treatments that are needed....I work in a nursing home and could not imagine what it would be like for some of my residents who fall and break bones or are just there for rehab and pt to have to wait to for surgeries and other treatments....the decline in health goes fast when your older anyway and with Obamacare the decline would include alot of pain and suffering for the people who helped build the U.S. and its very troubleing when you see it everyday