PDA

View Full Version : What do you get signed?

tampacannon
01-17-2011, 11:17 AM
I know this is a card site, but when you have time to think about what your going to get autographed at an event, what do you bring? Cards, balls, bats, helmets, etc. Just curious what some bring and why. Value, sentimental, easiest. If you vote other, let us know what you bring...

aspoe093
01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
If I have time I normally do balls, helmets or photos depending on who the player is

Djarum
01-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I prefer to get blank (not lined) index cards signed. If it gets lost in the mail... no biggie, compared to sending a ball, photo, etc. Also the index cards look nice when you matte and frame them along with a photo. You can see some examples in my bucket.

Dale

Vegas
01-17-2011, 01:45 PM
I like baseballs, football mini-helmets, and photos. They all display really nice and don't take up a lot of room. I have a few jerseys and full-sized helmets of my favorite players, but I am pretty selective.

tampacannon
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Now that I look back I should have put photos on the poll but I dont think I can change it now.

nadeau01_johnson48
01-17-2011, 10:08 PM
For baseball guys, I prefer balls. For football, I prefer mini helmets. For basketball, I like the white banel basketballs. For racing, I have a 3'x5' flag that I have drivers sign.

jeffgordon
01-17-2011, 10:32 PM
I like getting something unique, something rare or something that other people won't have. I have autographed Panoramic picture (of team 17 players), hats, mini helmets, puck, pictures, programs, ticket stubs, mini sticks, cards, and more. You can take a look at my collection (link in my signature)

hawkeyedan65
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM
i picked the "other" option because it could any of the options listed plus other options (hockey sticks, pucks, game programs, ticket stubs, etc.). it all depends on what a person wants signed.
i don't have many autographs, but the only thing that i've had signed in the past has been cards and balls. but as i'm starting to get back into the hobby, i'd like to add more autographs to my collection. :winking0071:

SteakNchop
01-17-2011, 11:18 PM
I always brings baseballs.

ajwest92
01-17-2011, 11:48 PM
For stick-and-ball signigns, I get photos for my autographs. They may not hold the most value in the future, but they are the easiest to store for me with the limited space I have available. The only non-photo S-and-B items I have signed are the four OSU mini helmets I have signed and the Rose Bowl program signed last year.

For the my NASCAR and (depending on what vehicle they race) NHRA signings, I get diecast to sign. It carries more value that a hero card/handout. The only time I get racing handouts signed exclusively is IndyCar drivers due to lack of quality space on a Indy diecast...the side pods of the car are about the only place to get a nice auto on an Indy car.

BigDaddy132
01-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Mini helmets and baseballs for me..not a lot of room to display 8x10s

CRJSr9
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
when im doing ip baseball i usually do baseballs-there small and easy to carry into the stadium or at the hotel.

tigerlover
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I like photos because they are cheaper than baseballs and they look nice to display. I also am starting to get into championship license plates because they are usually cheap and they look pretty good.

tampacannon
01-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Being a card site I thought more people would say cards. I like cards because they are smaller and I can carry more if more than one person is signing. Plus if you throw down 2 or 3 cards down in front of them, they are more likely to sign them. Unlike if u show them 2 balls or photos.

DaNotoriousNIC
01-19-2011, 11:49 AM
really all depends on who it is, for hockey its always pucks, baseball it depends on who the player is since I'm doing 08 Topps set and have a Tigers collection going. Some guys I don't feel are worth getting on a ball to display so usually do cards. Basketball it just really depends on who it is. Music wise its always drumheads, cd's or posters. Rarely do I get photo's signed since I don't have the room to display all the photo's I have as it is.

tampacannon
01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Ok so fanfest was just announced and now Im at a crossroads, do I take the Longo RC to get signed, GU card to get signed, or I thought I might buy a Longo Louisville Slugger bat to have signed. I love cards but it would be nice to have a bat signed to display at home....

SteakNchop
01-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok so fanfest was just announced and now Im at a crossroads, do I take the Longo RC to get signed, GU card to get signed, or I thought I might buy a Longo Louisville Slugger bat to have signed. I love cards but it would be nice to have a bat signed to display at home....
Bat. By far.

xrob12
01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
cards would be very unique obviously but I think I would bring a photo or a ball.

BaseballCardHero
01-25-2011, 08:41 AM
I could only pick one so I chose balls, but i collect balls and pictures.

tampacannon
02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
yea but Longo will not sign sweet spot except at his own signing events so, I'm leaning towards RC

Stretch
02-02-2011, 10:56 AM
yea but Longo will not sign sweet spot except at his own signing events so, I'm leaning towards RC

For a fan event that sounds bad of him. I'd ask him directly if he can sign here __(?)__ and point to the location. A card has really no value. I'd have another item with you if he declines to sign the baseball on the sweet spot.

Baseball, bat, magazine, photo is my preference.

tampacannon
02-02-2011, 11:32 PM
For a fan event that sounds bad of him. I'd ask him directly if he can sign here __(?)__ and point to the location.

Yea that sounds like a good idea, plus my wife will be the one getting it while Im getting other autos, shouldn't turn down the wifey!

gtdavelo
02-10-2011, 03:54 AM
I guess my choice also depends on the sport as well.... I buy a full size Georgia Tech helmet for that Fan Fest... but its bulky but looks sweet when the whole team signs it

But one thing I really like are big embroidered patches....

Here are three that I have framed, Matt Ryan (http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/gtdavelo/Football/mattRyanPatch-1.jpg), Sam Bradford (http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/gtdavelo/Football/bradford.jpg), and Devin Hester (http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/gtdavelo/Football/dHester.jpg).

I think its more unique and a little nicer when framed up and hung up a wall.

Just my two cents...
Dave

tampacannon
02-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Man those patches really look nice! especially that falcons one! What do they use to sign, just a paint pen? Where do you buy them?

gtdavelo
02-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Man those patches really look nice! especially that falcons one! What do they use to sign, just a paint pen? Where do you buy them?

Thanks man! I just use a silver sharpie. I try to get a new pack of them every couple of events to keep the felt tip sharp!

brosenjill
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM
For baseball, if they are a good player, I try to get their rookie hat that they played in. Average player, either a MLB baseball or their baseball card, depending on how I feel about them.

For football, I try to get them on their college helmet, players now change teams to many times. Only a certain few have changed colleges.

tampacannon
02-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Well update went to fanfest today and got some good autos. Wife didnt go so didnt get Longo, his line was crazy long! Got Upton and a ton of minors, I ended up doing a team ball for all guys I didnt have cards for and here the link to the cards I got.
http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1329887
All in all it was a good day, not just for the cards but a great day on the field, and it means the season is almost here!

tampacannon
02-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Well update went to fanfest today and got some good autos. Wife didnt go so didnt get Longo, his line was crazy long! Got Upton and a ton of minors, I ended up doing a team ball for all guys I didnt have cards for and here the link to the cards I got.
http://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1329887
All in all it was a good day, not just for the cards but a great day on the field, and it means the season is almost here!