PDA

View Full Version : Steiner LOA/COA Issues

reptar15
01-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey guys new to this forum but looking for some help.

I recently purchased several autographed baseballs from Steiner Sports (hank aaron, willie mays, and frank robinson).

They all arrived in good condition however the Willie Mays did not have a Steiner hologram or LOA/COA. It instead came with a Willie Mays and JSA hologram but no LOA/COA.

I contacted a sales associate but they said this is normal for this product. I also emailed them with my concerns but they have not provided a resolution.

Needless to say I am disappointed since Steiner's site states that their autographs come with Steiner holograms and LOA/COA's to prove their authenticity.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with this?

Thanks

iowa49erfan
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
My guess is that what you got from them will probably be the best you'll end up getting. If they weren't willing enough to help with your concerns in the beginning, I doubt unless you really raise a stink that they'll do anything unfortunately.

SportsLover57
01-17-2011, 08:03 PM
It's time to be a little assertive in your approach. Everything is always about business. I wonder how much you paid for those baseballs. I hate it when big name companies do that and you end up getting a product you're not happy with. Most companies don't live up to the hype. They only care about their reputation and the cash flow they're generating everyday. Remember that.

Look what the sales associate did to you. Ignored your concerns. Didn't care about what you had to say. Didn't want to go through the trouble of sending you a new Willie Mays Autographed baseball....etc. That sucks.

I would call them or write a letter addressing your concerns. Tell them you do not like your Willie Mays Autographed baseball and that you will take any necessary action to get one with a Steiner Hologram. At least quote what Steiner promised on their website, "A tamper-resistant security seal is affixed to each item and a Steiner Sports Certificate of Authenticity with the matching hologram accompanies each piece. This is our assurance that your autographed memorabilia is 100% authentic."

Good luck. Be assertive. You deserve better. After all.... you paid a hefty sum just to get those autographed baseballs.

tigerlover
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Write a letter it actually does work! It's a pain sometimes but it will be worth it considering you already spent that kind of money. Don't be to "mean" in your letter though you catch more flies with honey they always say.

DaNotoriousNIC
01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think Steiner ever puts their sticker on Mays items since it always comes with the Mays holo

reptar15
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't think Steiner ever puts their sticker on Mays items since it always comes with the Mays holo

that's what the sales associate told me

but their website states that their products come with steiner holograms and coa's which is very misleading.