PDA

View Full Version : Color-coded Warning System Being Changed

duane1969
01-27-2011, 12:25 AM
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano is expected to announce Thursday that the almost 9-year-old threat alert system will go away in April. It will be replaced by the new National Terror Advisory System that will focus on specific threats in geographical areas, a department source said Wednesday.

The source did not provide details of the new system, which Napolitano will unveil at what the department is calling "the first annual 'State of America's Homeland Security' address" at George Washington University.

Honestly, does anybody even pay attention to the color warning system?

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/01/26/threat.level.system.change/index.html

habsheaven
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM
I would hope the general populace is ignoring the color warning system. However, not knowing the reasoning or practical application of it within the agencies involved, I have to assume it has some merit.

duane1969
01-27-2011, 09:53 AM
I would assume it does to DHS, FBI and most of the other alphabet soup agencies but to the common citizen it doesn't seem to carry much weight. I don't know of anyone who stays home because the risk is on orange and they only seem to use red when a terror attack or attempt has already occured.