PDA

View Full Version : High School ttm thread

netsfan21
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Just sent out to Austin Rivers and Marquis Teague C/O of their high school.

cyberer
01-28-2011, 05:11 PM
already a thread on this i think...

Indian71
01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
LMK about Rivers, I want to send to him as well

netsfan21
01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
LMK about Rivers, I want to send to him as well
No problem

chipperjfan10
02-01-2011, 05:02 PM
ive gotten rivers ip teague ttm, bradley beal ttm, daniel norris ttm, blake swihart ttm, and bubba starling ttm

TTMcardMaster
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
ive gotten rivers ip teague ttm, bradley beal ttm, daniel norris ttm, blake swihart ttm, and bubba starling ttm

What was the Daniel Norris address you used? Thanks.

cyberer
02-02-2011, 07:56 PM
^^^ What that guy said. I stopped following this awhile ago but that was my exact argument. This kid lives with his parents, and I think this crosses a line into the creepy Chris Hanson territory.

I like that we got perspective from someone actually that age- I am 23 but I always think about my little brother who is in high school and that's messed up IMO.

RUgarte92
02-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Yeah I agree cyberer!! thanks!! I mean if that's what they like, then power to them haha. But I would at least wait til their in college...but even so, that could cross the line too. I'm no high school prospect, but as a high school student, would find it kind of weird that's all. But anyway, I'm a big Vick fan too haha...any success from him TTM or in-person? I tried TTM 2 months ago and got nothing

chipperjfan10
02-02-2011, 08:09 PM
im 13 so...

TTMcardMaster
02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow, sending something to their high school!? that's pretty damn pathetic!! First off, when they're in high school, you can't determine how good they'll be. Half the high school stars do nothing in college or the pros!! Second, I'm pretty sure that the players wouldn't want to be flooded with fan mail while they have school work and jobs and other stuff to worry about!! And third, as an 18 year old myself, I would find it pretty creepy to be getting letters for autographs from guys twice my age or even older!! And oh yeah, I'm a really good tennis player and a high school senior, you want my autograph??

-How many requests do you think these guys really get? You really think they're "flooded" with them? If they don't like being bothered at home, they wouldn't bother returing your item!

-So what if you think it's creepy? People want to get autographs from guys like Vick and Roethlisberger. I think wanting something from a person like that is "creepy." Who you want an autograph from is a personal preference

-Bryce Harper was pretty damn good in high school, and many people sent him autograph requests. Now, the guy is nearly impossible to get ttm! This is a chance to get them before they get tons more when they join the Majors...

-And so what if you don't know how good they'll be in the future? With that logic, why bother getting college players or minor leaguers if you don't know how good they'll be?

-Besides, I'm still a couple years younger than Daniel Norris, I'm not some 50 year old :sign0020:

/end of rant

chipperjfan10
02-02-2011, 08:23 PM
im 15 not 13 typo so i have no prob that i got norris ttm. and i only really collect mllb stars and i prob have 2/3 of them and norris could be a future one so idt it matters

netsfan21
02-02-2011, 09:37 PM
im 13 so...

same

chipperjfan10
02-03-2011, 06:59 PM
cool man

RUgarte92
02-03-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah man, go Braves!

RUgarte92
02-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Oh sweet man I used to too! We can be buddies!

RUgarte92
02-03-2011, 07:36 PM
And cyberer, that's awesome you crashed a Vick signing!! I'd totally do it too!! :) It's just a luck of the draw, and sucks for those that had to actually pay for it hahaha!!

cyberer
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
To clarify I got Vick legit at a free radio show, I only raised the idea of crashing a signing. I agree there's nothing wrong with it.

RUgarte92
02-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Oh oh, my bad! still cool though! and yeah exactly! did you get my PM?

Indian71
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Ok I am kinda getting tired of Mr. Rugrat or rugarte, not sure which. I just want to say a few things. First you said that its creepy if youre older than them to be sending ttm. Then when you got his age, you said it was creepy to send to a guy older than you. Umm, thats not much logic there now is it? Im not trying to bash anyone, but im the same age as chipper and I have to say, whats the prob sending to guys older than myself?
Ok now after my rant, I too would love to know if guys in the 16U team would sign. What about guys like Delmonico and Machado? And finally, where did you guys send to Norris. Thanks for dealing with this semi long post

jaybird_1981
02-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Thread closed and for those who have broken rules in this thread you will be hearing from me.