PDA

View Full Version : My Custom Cards, and how I get them back signed every time!

Headbando5
01-30-2011, 11:08 AM
So I came up with the idea this Friday to make my own cards. I just glue them on the sides of a white decoy. Printed on photopaper so the glue doesn't sink through it's working out pretty well.

Here's the design:
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/headbando5/CJCustom.jpg http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj228/headbando5/D.jpg

I know, I've seen better. But this is about the best I can do and I think it will work out well. So how do I get them auto'd? I ask the players on twitter if they would like a card made of them, and if I would could I send it to them to get signed. I like going this route because now I know whenever I send one out I'll get it back. I just started asking this weekend and I already have...

-Chris Baker, Seahawks TE (Said I better said two because he wants one)
-Kam Chancellor, Seahawks Safety
-Donnie Avery, Rams WR (Waiting for the addy though)
-D'Andre Goodwin, Washington Huskies WR
-CJ Wilcox, Washington Huskies Guard (Said I better said two because he wants one)
-LV Ware, minor league player for the Braves.

Anyway, I'll post here when I get them back signed. Lemme know what you guys think of the concept and the card design.
-Shawn

smootzilla
01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
that sounds pretty genieus....i might have to get a twitter account now

Welker83
01-30-2011, 01:55 PM
very cool. Was thinking of asking some of these guys on facebook and go from their.

Headbando5
01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys, just asked Clausen. He Direct Messaged me an addy to send it over to. I really like how this is going haha.

zas667
01-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Sick

Headbando5
01-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Got Ricky Sapp's addy from the Eagles, who said he would sign one. And Adam Jones from the Orioles also said he would sign one.

Chris Baker also asked that I send two so he can keep one.

smejus57
01-31-2011, 11:22 AM
If you get an Avery address, can you send me a PM with it if you don't mind?

Headbando5
01-31-2011, 05:11 PM
If you get an Avery address, can you send me a PM with it if you don't mind?

You got it, he hasn't said anything since he responded to me. So I'll let you know!

Also.. Sent out my first 7 today, can't wait for these to come back signed!

buffalobills
02-01-2011, 02:29 AM
dude that is sicccccc!!! hmmm.. maybe i need a twitter account.

Headbando5
02-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Here's a first.. A player messaged me first. Asking if I could make basketball cards.

He's from Washington, Justin Dentmon. Now in the D-League playing for the Texas Legends. He's a really nice guy, made him 3 different customs (1 in UW uni, 2 in Legends) So I sent 6 in all.. 3 for me to sign back and 3 for him to keep. I wasn't sure on return shipping and he just told me he can cover that and send me a GU wristband or somethin, pretty sweet. :)

cyberer
02-01-2011, 05:23 PM
That is ridiculously awesome! I made a twitter account but I am still new to all the controls, could you take a quick minute to explain retweets, tweets and messages? Like I am never sure if I am contacting the athlete himself or just writing on my own twitter. I'm sorry for being a noob.

This is really an ingenious idea.