PDA

View Full Version : Did I just here the president lie to O'reilly?

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Was it just me or did O'reilly directly ask Obama if he wanted to redistribute the wealth, and Obama said no, he doesn't believe in that......
Is he serious? Does he really think we are that stupid? (well, some obviously are).
How can anyone support this guy? Everyone talks about Bushes gaffes and let this guy talk out of both sides of his mouth and never call him out.
It is very apparent the left are insane and delusional................:smash:

duane1969
02-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Obama on wealth redistibution...

From a 2008 TV interview:

It's not that I want to punish your success; I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you that they've got a chance to success, too. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody.

There are plenty of videos that document this statement. I cannot link any right now because I am at work.

The simple fact is that Obama will say whatever he needs to say to try and get re-elected. In 2008 America was anti-conservative and he took a leftist platform to pacify the masses and get elected. Now, after two years of spend, spend, spend America has had enough of the liberal policy of "spend like hell and raise taxes to cover it" and the political climate is turning conservative. So Oabam will say whatever he needs to, including outright lies, to decieve and baffle the masses into voting for him again.

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Obama on wealth redistibution...

From a 2008 TV interview:

There are plenty of videos that document this statement. I cannot link any right now because I am at work.

The simple fact is that Obama will say whatever he needs to say to try and get re-elected. In 2008 America was anti-conservative and he took a leftist platform to pacify the masses and get elected. Now, after two years of spend, spend, spend America has had enough of the liberal policy of "spend like hell and raise taxes to cover it" and the political climate is turning conservative. So Oabam will say whatever he needs to, including outright lies, to decieve and baffle the masses into voting for him again.
I know, that was my point. I just can't believe people still defend this guy. We can document several occasions where he outright lies or says both sides. It's rediculous.......

kidman232
02-07-2011, 01:35 PM
every president lies and cheats. you live in a dream world if you think a different republican or democrat would be better

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 01:39 PM
every president lies and cheats. you live in a dream world if you think a different republican or democrat would be better
Hmmmmm, really. Maybe in theory. But I don't recall Reagen or even Bush saying one thing and then saying the exact opposite when it suited them best. Some times you change your mind and I agree with that, but do you really think Obama has changed his mind or viewpoint. If so, you must be the one living in the dream world.

duwal
02-07-2011, 03:05 PM

unfortunately there are some on here like sanfran who only look at things one-sided. He lumps the left together all in one group. And nothing is going to get better in the country as long as there are people like that

duane1969
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM

unfortunately there are some on here like sanfran who only look at things one-sided. He lumps the left together all in one group. And nothing is going to get better in the country as long as there are people like that

So let's just not hold anybody accountable for their words? Is that the answer? Isn't the whole reason that our country is in such a mess because people have stood idly by while policiticans said one thing and did something else.

I don't care if a Republican did it. I don't care if another Democrat would do it. I care that the guy, sitting in the Oval Office right now, is an outright liar.

The idea that some people will defend a guy for an obvious wrong-doing just because he is in your party or because somebody in the other party probably did it too is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen.

Like sheep led to the slaughter...

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
So let's just not hold anybody accountable for their words? Is that the answer? Isn't the whole reason that our country is in such a mess because people have stood idly by while policiticans said one thing and did something else.

I don't care if a Republican did it. I don't care if another Democrat would do it. I care that the guy, sitting in the Oval Office right now, is an outright liar.

The idea that some people will defend a guy for an obvious wrong-doing just because he is in your party or because somebody in the other party probably did it too is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen.

Like sheep led to the slaughter...
Beat me to it.....well said.

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
The reason things are not getting better in this country is because of principaless people like yourself. People rarely stand for anything anymore. You all need to stop riding the fence.
I am a conservative and unfortunately, there is nothing conservative about the left. A great many of the problems today have derived from the left and those in the "conservative" party that either believed in it, or went along and compromised with it.
You do not compromise your values. You can compromise on individual issues, but never your core values.
I have had great many issues with several members of the republican party for not staying true to the conservative roots, but that is a different topic.

habsheaven
02-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I haven't seen the interview so take what I am about to say for what is is worth. Perhaps Obama was not lieing. Maybe he was disagreeing with O'Reilly's phrasing "redistributing the wealth". I don't think he had a problem with the phrase in the past, but maybe he has wised-up, and prefers not to be attached to that phrase.

And as for lieing in general, it is too easily accepted from certain professions, politicians being one. And, if I wanted to WASTE my time, I could find plenty of examples by both BUSH and REAGAN.

sanfran22
02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I haven't seen the interview so take what I am about to say for what is is worth. Perhaps Obama was not lieing. Maybe he was disagreeing with O'Reilly's phrasing "redistributing the wealth". I don't think he had a problem with the phrase in the past, but maybe he has wised-up, and prefers not to be attached to that phrase.

And as for lieing in general, it is too easily accepted from certain professions, politicians being one. And, if I wanted to WASTE my time, I could find plenty of examples by both BUSH and REAGAN.
Waste your time, please. I want an example of outright lying. One where it continues to change. Don't give me Bush lied to go to war crap. I want contradictory statements out of their mouths....

duane1969
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM

And what would you accomplish? Defending him lying does not accomplish diddly.

I don't care if Bush, Bush 2, Reagan, Mother Teresa and Ghandi lied, it doesn't make it OK for Obama to do it. Pointing out that one person did something wrong does not make it OK that someone else did it. That is such a juvenile mentality.

I work around kids and I often see a situation where "Billy" will steal "Jimmy's" pencil and when asked why he did it his response will be "But Jimmy called me a name!" Just because a Republican might have lied at some time in the past does not make it OK for Obama to do it now. I repeat, that is a juvenile mentality.

Furthermore, I don't care if Obama is trying to seperate himself from the term "redistibution of wealth" or not. If he calls it redistibution of wealth or The Robinhood Project or outright "stealing your money so we can give it to people who don't have as much as you do", it doesn't matter. Raising taxes on higher income families/individuals so you can give it to lower income families/individuals is redistibution of wealth, period. Trying to call it something else while still doing the same thing is just another form of deceit.

habsheaven
02-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I am not defending his lying. I was pointing out that it is not an OUTRIGHT LIE. He has every right to distance himself from a phrase "re-distribution of wealth" as any other President does. Afterall, the "re-distribution of wealth" has been in affect for generations now.

duane1969
02-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I am not defending his lying. I was pointing out that it is not an OUTRIGHT LIE. He has every right to distance himself from a phrase "re-distribution of wealth" as any other President does. Afterall, the "re-distribution of wealth" has been in affect for generations now.

The term didn't really become a part of mainstream media re: political discussion until his campaign. That is why the tem is so closely associated with him and not politics/politicians in general.

habsheaven
02-08-2011, 03:53 PM
The term didn't really become a part of mainstream media re: political discussion until his campaign. That is why the tem is so closely associated with him and not politics/politicians in general.

True, but that doesn't mean it is EXCLUSIVE to him or his policies. So if he wants to distance himself from it he is entitled to. It doesn't make him a liar by any means.

duane1969
02-08-2011, 04:39 PM
True, but that doesn't mean it is EXCLUSIVE to him or his policies. So if he wants to distance himself from it he is entitled to. It doesn't make him a liar by any means.

I disagree. If during your campaign you say "I am for redistribution of wealth" and up until this point your policies have supported the concept of redistribution of wealth, it lends to the argument that you do support it. Just because he woke up a few mornings ago and said "No, I do not support redistribution of wealth" does not suddenly make it so.

There is no positive spin here. Either he is an outright liar or he is just another slimeball politican that will say whatever he thinks he needs to say to get re-elected. Changing your mind is fine but you don't change from a liberal position to a conservative position overnight.

habsheaven
02-08-2011, 06:48 PM
I disagree. If during your campaign you say "I am for redistribution of wealth" and up until this point your policies have supported the concept of redistribution of wealth, it lends to the argument that you do support it. Just because he woke up a few mornings ago and said "No, I do not support redistribution of wealth" does not suddenly make it so.

There is no positive spin here. Either he is an outright liar or he is just another slimeball politican that will say whatever he thinks he needs to say to get re-elected. Changing your mind is fine but you don't change from a liberal position to a conservative position overnight.

Okay, I just watched the entire interview. I stand by what I initially thought about the exchange. Obama is denying the assessment presented by the op-ed and distancing himself from the "re-distribution of wealth" characterization. He then tries to present his case to which O'Reilly interrupts him.

If that's all you guys can come up with from a 15 minute interview on Fox, I applaude the President. You guys are GRASPING again!