PDA

View Full Version : First Boxes of Press Pass

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I bought two boxes of '10 Press Pass, one of Stealth and one of VIP. Having not picked up any cards related to NASCAR since the mid 1990's, tonight is a fun night.

I'll use this to post, and hopefully upload some pictures of the cards I get in the boxes if I can figure out how to get them into a program to upload from.

mdclapps
02-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Do a live break!

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:02 PM
Well, not sure how to do that. I'm 6 packs into the Stealth box, I'm reading every card in an attempt to get to know some of the drivers.

My 2nd back had one of the hits, a Bobby Labonte 2010 Press Pass Signings #'d 18/50

More to come.

mdclapps
02-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Labonte is a nice auto!

dogboy34
02-25-2011, 11:05 PM
good luck!

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:05 PM
I remember watching him when I was a kid and really liking him because of the bright green and black Interstate Battery #18. I also had a "Hot Wheels" of his that I really liked to play with.

dogboy34
02-25-2011, 11:18 PM
any more hits?

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:25 PM
Nothing yet. I've gotten four of the nine "Power Players" so far. I really like the "Under the Radar" cards. I'm going real, REAL slow with 10 packs left, and then a whole other box to break. Can't wait to get into this a little bit more and follow a little more closely.

I know it says in my sig that I want to collect Kyle Busch, but there a lot of cards of him out there. Anyone have a suggestion for someone relatively new to start a collection. I'm thinking maybe David Ragan?

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:33 PM
And the second hit is....

Tony Stewart "Battle Armor" #'d 87/225, three color sheet metal, with scratches.

I'll take these two breaks and be happy. I was expecting rubbish with this break, but I actually like both drivers.

In another pack, Trevor Bayne base and a Danica Patrick "Mach 10."

nadeau01_johnson48
02-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Very nice....you'll find in racing (as far as RU goes) you'll almost always pull a decent driver. Most 'no name' drivers don't have RU stuff.

Biggums7
02-25-2011, 11:39 PM
was gonna ask if u get any kyle busch autos, r/u let me know but i c ur starting a collection on him lol

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:47 PM
was gonna ask if u get any kyle busch autos, r/u let me know but i c ur starting a collection on him lol

I would have been ecstatic to get a Kyle Busch anything auto or RU, but alas I only got a couple base and minor inserts. It took until the 10-12th packs to finally get anything of him. My last pack was a Dual Operator of Stewart, Mach 10 of Stewart, a Dual Operator of Edwards, Command Velocity of Jr., and a b&w Command Performance of Lagano.

Anyone have any ideas on a relatively easy person to collect? I haven't used Paypal before and I'm a little leery to start on Ebay with it, feel like it'd be real easy to steal identity and such, and I've dealt with that before.

Take an "adult beverage x2" break then starting the next box, '10 VIP. Really hoping to pull a Kyle Busch auto or RU.

This site has me hooked on racing now. I'll still enjoy the other sports that I'm a lot more into, but card collecting of racing is much easier I believe.

dogboy34
02-25-2011, 11:52 PM
you get more for the money in racing!

race crazy
02-25-2011, 11:56 PM
I would have been ecstatic to get a Kyle Busch anything auto or RU, but alas I only got a couple base and minor inserts. It took until the 10-12th packs to finally get anything of him. My last pack was a Dual Operator of Stewart, Mach 10 of Stewart, a Dual Operator of Edwards, Command Velocity of Jr., and a b&w Command Performance of Lagano.

Anyone have any ideas on a relatively easy person to collect? I haven't used Paypal before and I'm a little leery to start on Ebay with it, feel like it'd be real easy to steal identity and such, and I've dealt with that before.

Take an "adult beverage x2" break then starting the next box, '10 VIP. Really hoping to pull a Kyle Busch auto or RU.

This site has me hooked on racing now. I'll still enjoy the other sports that I'm a lot more into, but card collecting of racing is much easier I believe.

relatively decent drivers who are easier to collect-AJ Allmendinger, Brian Vickers, Greg Biffle (more cards but actually fairly cheap for how well he does). Also if you want an easier time pick a Legend to collect (other than Earnhardt, Petty, or Pearson) someone like Ned Jarrett, Bobby Allison, or Cale yarborough dont have a ton of cards and only are usually released sparingly or in Legends-therefore making it doable. Hope this helps and good luck collecting-welcome to the most fun sport to collect!!!

BrewCrew06
02-25-2011, 11:57 PM
you get more for the money in racing!

The no-namers are still there in a sense, but it's not like football or baseball, especially, where you can get a pack and out of five cards you have two players who have a career longer than 10 years, two that last five or less, and then a guy who is a total bust.

The nice thing with this box that I just opened. I think I may have gotten two duplicates, Joey Lagano base, and I'm fine with that. In a box of any other sport, there are so many more dups. I got regular base and then b&w base, but that's alright with me.

One beverage to go before the next box break. Looking forward to getting a few blaster boxes tomorrow, despite the poor investment of it. I'm also looking at getting a couple diecasts too of some of my "favorite" drivers. Good weekend for a new race fan. Cards, diecasts, and a email success from Larry McReynolds.

BrewCrew06
02-26-2011, 12:09 AM
My bad, it's a box of '09 VIP. Still, probably just as good. Here we go with box 2.

dogboy34
02-26-2011, 12:12 AM
vip always a good break! good luck on it

BrewCrew06
02-26-2011, 12:16 AM
5th pack and I get my first hit...

A Brian Scott 2009 Press Pass Signings, not #'d.......

And this guy is who???

This is exactly the luck I was expecting with one of the boxes. Hopefully the RU makes up for this disappointment.

mdclapps
02-26-2011, 12:20 AM
He's in Joe Gibbs NNS car now, actually a great driver....still semi unknown though.

BrewCrew06
02-26-2011, 12:23 AM
And the second hit....

Marcos Ambrose "Rookie Stripes" #'d 48/100 - Race Used Rookie Tape

I've at least heard of Ambrose, but still, for a second box break ever and just trying to get started in NASCAR card collecting, this box was a huge bust in my opinion. First box takes the cake on this day.

mdclapps
02-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Rookie Stripes are good because you only get them for one year!

BrewCrew06
02-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Concluded the box breaking for tonight. I'll be looking to redeem the poor break in my opinion.

What is the status on collecting David Ragan? I was thinking him or Vickers.

race crazy
02-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Concluded the box breaking for tonight. I'll be looking to redeem the poor break in my opinion.

What is the status on collecting David Ragan? I was thinking him or Vickers.

Id collect Ragan out of those two. And that 2nd box isnt as bad a bust as you think-the Aussies usually pay a TON for Ambrose cards on the bay-so sell it and make yourself some money haha

StillBig20Fan
02-26-2011, 02:16 AM
Collecting Ragan should be fairly easy.

BrewCrew06
02-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Id collect Ragan out of those two. And that 2nd box isnt as bad a bust as you think-the Aussies usually pay a TON for Ambrose cards on the bay-so sell it and make yourself some money haha

Collecting Ragan should be fairly easy.

I did some looking on Ebay this morning, and it seems like his cards are fairly cheap. I went to Wally World this morning and they were sold out of all racing cards, was really looking forward to opening some tomorrow during the race.

I need to figure out how PayPal works and if I can trust it, I might start my collection.

Ripken8fan55
02-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I used paypal for years, never had a problem at all.