PDA

View Full Version : NPR CEO Resigns Over Comments

duane1969
03-09-2011, 02:48 PM
NPR's CEO and president, Vivian Schiller, has been forced to resign, the radio broadcaster's media correspondent reported Wednesday, following an undercover sting in which a senior executive was videotaped describing Tea Party members as "racist."

A statement from the chairman of NPR's board of directors, Dave Edwards, said the board had accepted Vivian Schiller's resignation "with deep regret." The resignation was effective immediately.

"I recognize the magnitude of this news and that it comes on top of what has been a traumatic period for NPR and the larger public radio community," he said.

While the board's statement said Vivian Schiller had resigned, David Folkenflik, NPR's media correspondent, said in messages on Twitterthat she was forced to do so.

"The board for NPR NEWS has just ousted CEO Vivian Schiller in the wake of video sting by conservative activist of a top exec," he said, repeating the message for emphasis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41986715/ns/politics-more_politics/?GT1=43001

The MSNBC version glosses it over a bit. She actually called Republicans anti-intellectuals and referred to the Tea Party as racists. So in her opinion, anybody that doesn't see things the way she does is either of low intelligence or a bigot.

Glad to see her go. Anybody in her position should be able to maintain a reasonable amount of non-bias. She clearly did not.

shortking98
03-09-2011, 03:18 PM
I believe the comments were made by another high up exec with the same last name and both were axed for it

duane1969
03-09-2011, 03:22 PM
You are correct. I overlooked that tidbit. My bad.

shortking98
03-09-2011, 03:50 PM
No worries, your main points remain valid

INTIMADATOR2007
03-09-2011, 11:21 PM
The white house said today they are giving NPR several more million this year over what they got last year . With the calsl for defunding public radio and tv they choose to give them more .