PDA

View Full Version : Tressel three-peat...

ajwest92
03-20-2011, 11:40 AM
This year again, I went to the Columbus (OH) Auto Show this past Friday for the annual Jim Tressel signing. Even after the brouhaha this year about Tattoogate, he went and did his appearance anyway.

The big things I noticed was: 1) I did not see any of the quick flippers that I have seen in the past two years. I don't know if they were kicked out or didn't think he would show up, but they was no one to be found that had a surplus supply of OSU items.2) They was a strict one auto per customer. If you wanted another you had to go to the end of the line. Even though I could have gotten another one, I was satisfied with my autograph. And 3)...he took take pictures with anyone for the asking. Even I was shocked...thank goodness for cellphones.

Here is the pic of me and the coach. The auto'ed mini helmet is in the middle of the picture. As always, it is a clean crisp sig...I wish he could teach his players to sign this nice.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/Public%20appearances%20pics/Memories024.jpg

Thanks for looking, Alex

supbullcoc
03-20-2011, 07:33 PM
very awesome

autocollectr79
04-23-2011, 11:10 AM
Tressels a nice guy and cool to talk to. there were some ebayers there though.i heard someone that got 12 tressels cuz he used his kids,but to each there own.

ajwest92
04-23-2011, 11:20 PM
It wasn't as bad as is was the past few years with the ebayers...I once saw a guy wear five different sweatshirts to get five different tickets for the signing. The he called his buddies to be with him to get the helmets (authentic, not replica) signed. I'm all about making a buck, but sometimes it gets ridiculous.