PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many people addament about autoed balls being OMLB or ROMLB?

beachboy22
03-28-2011, 12:18 AM
i am just wondering why so many people only collect autographs on OMLB or ROMLB baseballs. I do not understand this. To me the baseball the autograph is on usually does not matter as long as the ball has a leather cover and not plastic or synthetic. Because it is the autograph i am after, not the ball. I am just wondering on what your guys thoughts are on the subject

braves9
03-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Personally I just like the way the signature flows on MLB baseballs...cant really ever find that with other balls Ive tried. IMO

beachboy22
03-29-2011, 01:09 AM
ok i can understand that. anyone else have thoughts

Arkturus22
03-29-2011, 11:52 AM
Well, because its an official item of the MLB. Its almost like, would you rather have a toy bat signed by Willie Mays or an official Willie Mays Authentic bat? Would you rather have Tom Brady sign a piece of binder paper, or an official 8 x 10 NFL licensed and legally distributed photo?

It goes for baseballs as well. I'd much rather have an OMLB signed instead of a baseball from CHINA....

It increases the value of the item if its officially licensed from MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. and for me personally, it feels that much better knowing I don't have some phony piece of junk and I have the real thing...

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

aspoe093
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I like them because I know the auto doesn't fade at all or as bad on these balls and I can never be so sure of other baseballs