PDA

View Full Version : government shutdown

MOTORCITY
03-30-2011, 03:14 AM
This is just crazy.
This is 1 way our government can save money.

If you cant work to bad ''simple'' quit giving these lazy poeple money for having kids etc.

My mom is on disabillity and has a new 2010 car i mean come on i work 5 days a week and cant afford a new car.
You know what she does for a living NOTHING.Are taxes go up so we can take care of these kind of peole who cant and dont work.

STOP GIVING MONEY AWAY.I AM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY I PAY TAXES:confused0024:

Star_Cards
03-31-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm sure welfare programs have a lot of waste, but I would think that the government wastes much more in it's everyday processes. Pork project that keep votes for politicians probably make it hard to balance the budget because none of them typically want to get rid of their pet projects for their states and areas.

INTIMADATOR2007
03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
I say SHUT IT DOWN !!

sanfran22
04-01-2011, 09:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wOcOBjB3uU

Theodor Madison
04-01-2011, 10:13 AM
If they can't do their job. Do not pay them. And we wonder why people do not want to pay taxes. What happened to the hope, It is being spent along with other things.
Perhaps GE could pay its share and keep it, the government, running for a while.

dherm360
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
The child tax credit goes down again next year, so its gone from at least 1500 to 1000 and next year to 600. The outcry from some people they interviewed-who I guarentee do not have jobs but have 8 kids.

duane1969
04-01-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm sure welfare programs have a lot of waste, but I would think that the government wastes much more in it's everyday processes. Pork project that keep votes for politicians probably make it hard to balance the budget because none of them typically want to get rid of their pet projects for their states and areas.

Then there would have to be a lot of waste. In 2010 the government spent approximately $960 billion of $2.38 trillion taken in just on welfare and free health care. Assuming 1/3rd of welfare spending goes to people who don't need it (and that is probably a low assumption) then the govt. would have to be wasting another $320 billion of the $1.4 trillion left over after paying for welfare.

Waste or not, when nearly half of the tax dollar is spent on entitlement programs then it is time to pull back on the reins and stop propping up people who don't want to do for themselves. I am all for helping those who truly need it but I am tired of people who clearly can do for themselves leetching the system dry.

theonedru
04-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Politicans need to take a paycut down to what they average American worker makes, as well as normal medical/retirement benefits packages no different then whats offered to the average worker.

INTIMADATOR2007
04-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Here is another absurd democrat theory if the Republicans get there budget cuts passed !

We estimate, and I believe these are very conservative estimates, that H.R. 1 would lead to 70,000 kids dying,” USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah testified before the House Appropriations State and Foreign Ops subcommittee.

“Of that 70,000, 30,000 would come from malaria control programs that would have to be scaled back specifically. The other 40,000 is broken out as 24,000 would die because of a lack of support for immunizations and other investments and 16,000 would be because of a lack of skilled attendants at birth,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-54272

duane1969
04-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Here is another absurd democrat theory if the Republicans get there budget cuts passed !

We estimate, and I believe these are very conservative estimates, that H.R. 1 would lead to 70,000 kids dying,” USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah testified before the House Appropriations State and Foreign Ops subcommittee.

“Of that 70,000, 30,000 would come from malaria control programs that would have to be scaled back specifically. The other 40,000 is broken out as 24,000 would die because of a lack of support for immunizations and other investments and 16,000 would be because of a lack of skilled attendants at birth,” he said.

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-54272

What a joke. How can anybody take these people serious when they pull ignorant statements like that out of their arse?

INTIMADATOR2007
04-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't see how in the world anyone can support any democrat right now,Every time one of em' get on tv they make there selfs look like fools with there lies and decitfullness . Don't get me wrong the republicans are doing there part to make them selfs look bad also , like John Bahner wanting to give in to the demrats on the budget . The people are on the side of the republicans why are they giving in .Cut the spending by 100 billion or shut it down . I hope the republicans don't screw up the momentum they have , But it is looking like they will . If they do there is no telling what whasington will look like in 2012 or our country in 2015 . Republicans had better not screw this up or the Tea party will be at there door steps .

andrewhoya
04-02-2011, 08:00 PM
The gov wastes so much money in everyday processes it is not even funny.

One example that could save millions is actually looking around on airfare when sending people on business trips. My dad has to take United just about everywhere when other airlines like jetBlue have prices that are 50% cheaper.

Star_Cards
04-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Then there would have to be a lot of waste. In 2010 the government spent approximately $960 billion of $2.38 trillion taken in just on welfare and free health care. Assuming 1/3rd of welfare spending goes to people who don't need it (and that is probably a low assumption) then the govt. would have to be wasting another $320 billion of the $1.4 trillion left over after paying for welfare.

Waste or not, when nearly half of the tax dollar is spent on entitlement programs then it is time to pull back on the reins and stop propping up people who don't want to do for themselves. I am all for helping those who truly need it but I am tired of people who clearly can do for themselves leetching the system dry.

I agree. I think there is a lot of waste in washington. No doubt about it.

TTMcardMaster
04-05-2011, 10:20 PM
How possible do you think this "shutdown" is? I'm kinda worried since a couple of friends of mine are federal workers...

DunkingDurant35
04-05-2011, 10:25 PM
How possible do you think this "shutdown" is? I'm kinda worried since a couple of friends of mine are federal workers...

News outlets are already reporting on it as if it's a done deal. This would be the first one since 1995, IIRC.

Biggtyme
04-05-2011, 10:32 PM
I don't see how in the world anyone can support any democrat right now,Every time one of em' get on tv they make there selfs look like fools with there lies and decitfullness . Don't get me wrong the republicans are doing there part to make them selfs look bad also , like John Bahner wanting to give in to the demrats on the budget . The people are on the side of the republicans why are they giving in .Cut the spending by 100 billion or shut it down . I hope the republicans don't screw up the momentum they have , But it is looking like they will . If they do there is no telling what whasington will look like in 2012 or our country in 2015 . Republicans had better not screw this up or the Tea party will be at there door steps .

Riddle me this if the republicans are so thirty and all about cutting budges then why was the national debt increased by 36% when they have control and a modest 4% when the dems have control? also federal spending increases by 12% versus 10% when incontrol and GDP dem 12% versus Rep. 10%. while these numbers are only from 1978 numbers don't lie! I believe in neither of these partys as they are both ™™™ monkeys but you can talk the talk teathugs but you need to walk the walk also. anyone can say they are about cutting costs but put up or shut up talk is cheap.

theonedru
04-06-2011, 08:25 PM
They only get away with what we allow them to get away with, if people were more militant with what they government did then maybe they would think twice before voting themselves pay raises, pocketing kickbacks and bribes, garnering these backdoor deals that they say do one thing but just make them and their friends money or. mkae them accountable for every penny spent, seriously if a company wasted as much as the government did them there would be a huge investigation with people going to jail for fraud and theft and whatever else, but since its the government its supposed to be ok? This is not acceptable. Wether a rep or dem or any other political part it doesn't matter they are all the same so quit lying to yourself and believing other wise ans none of them care about you nor will they ever until we quit being a nation of meek cowards and stand up for ourselves and our children.

duane1969
04-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Riddle me this if the republicans are so thirty and all about cutting budges then why was the national debt increased by 36% when they have control and a modest 4% when the dems have control? also federal spending increases by 12% versus 10% when incontrol and GDP dem 12% versus Rep. 10%. while these numbers are only from 1978 numbers don't lie! I believe in neither of these partys as they are both ™™™ monkeys but you can talk the talk teathugs but you need to walk the walk also. anyone can say they are about cutting costs but put up or shut up talk is cheap.

Please support this claim with a resource. I would be interested to see it.

I also find it interesting that you use 1978 numbers. Let's get a little more recent. When Obama took office in Jan. 2009 the national debt was around $10.7 trillion. Today it is $14.3 trillion. So in just 2 years he has increased the national debt by $3.6 trillion...that is a 25% increase of the national debt all under his administration in just 2 years!!! Is part of Obama's spending because of Iraq? Yes, but his big campaign promise was to have us out in 6 months...we are not, so he shares the blame now.

Also, I find it interesting that the left conveniently leaves out the fact that the Republicans had to spend to clean up the military mess that the Dems always left behind. LBJ got us involved in Vietnam, Reagan took over a nightmare that Carter left behind, Clinton let the Middle East problems drag on for 8 years while doing nothing more than enforcing a no-fly zone...histroically the Dems have had such a weak international policy that they have left behind a political and finacial mine field for their successor.

MOTORCITY
04-07-2011, 05:27 AM
I know how to resolve this,All the DEM's and REP's can tap into there bank acounts and give some money back.
Since all the tax dollars are gone they done spent all are money,why not spend there's.

:sign0020:

bouncer
04-07-2011, 06:28 AM

Very likely, my wife is a federal employee and has been told she will be furlough on Monday if a budget is not past. Passing a Continue Resolution’s every two weeks is doing this country no good. I was furlough during the federal government shutdown in 1995 and luckily Congress back paid all of us for the 3 days off during the furlough. I don’t see this happening this time. Federal employees have been aware of a possible shutdown for several months now and should have been preparing themselves for this situation.

duane1969
04-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Very likely, my wife is a federal employee and has been told she will be furlough on Monday if a budget is not past. Passing a Continue Resolution’s every two weeks is doing this country no good. I was furlough during the federal government shutdown in 1995 and luckily Congress back paid all of us for the 3 days off during the furlough. I don’t see this happening this time. Federal employees have been aware of a possible shutdown for several months now and should have been preparing themselves for this situation.

I have already heard that back-pay will be given if it happens.

bouncer
04-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I have already heard that back-pay will be given if it happens.

I read the same thing this morning on federalnews.com. If the shutdown lasts only a day or two, my wife is not expecting pay for being furlough.

*censored*
04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Dear Congress,

Last for the past 10 years, I mismanaged my funds and this year my wife and I cannot agree on a budget. Until we have come to a unified decision that fits all of our needs and interests, we will have to shut down our checkbook and will no longer be able to pay our taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you for setting an example we can all follow!

*censored*

duane1969
04-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Dear Congress,

Last for the past 10 years, I mismanaged my funds and this year my wife and I cannot agree on a budget. Until we have come to a unified decision that fits all of our needs and interests, we will have to shut down our checkbook and will no longer be able to pay our taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you for setting an example we can all follow!

*censored*

You might have an actual defense there LOL

DunkingDurant35
04-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Dear Congress,

*censored*

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

INTIMADATOR2007
04-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Looks like the republicans want to kill wowmen(lol)what a joke . and the Democrats want to kill babies(true) ..

How can the people in whasington sleep at night ..Lets get rid of all of em'...Before we are on the lists..

duane1969
04-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Looks like the republicans want to kill wowmen(lol)what a joke . and the Democrats want to kill babies(true) ..

How can the people in whasington sleep at night ..Lets get rid of all of em'...Before we are on the lists..

I disagree. Dems do not want to kill babbies. They just want to make sure that women who aren't intelligent enough to use birth control have the right to kill their unborn baby rather than be responsible for their actions.

I will not be on anybody's list...I shoot back. :fighting0016:

sanfran22
04-12-2011, 07:02 PM
This article says enough about the man too many chose to "lead" this country....
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/256199/obama-not-always-fan-upping-debt-ceiling-katrina-trinko

sanfran22
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Dear Congress,

*censored*
Lol. I'm down for some of that.....Oh wait, I'll go to prison for less than some of these people do on a daily basis.

bouncer
04-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Here we go again. My wife's been informed furlough notices will be going out again on Thursday unless the budget is signed.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Dear Congress,

*censored*

If only we had the same "you-know-what" our forefathers had