PDA

View Full Version : A new source of oil may be on the horizon

pr0phet
03-31-2011, 12:23 PM
Yahoo article here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110331/bs_afp/spainenergyalternativeenvironmentresearch)

Blue oil may be the next big craze, but it may lead to the reduction in oil usage. Judging by this article alone, the material sounds rather interesting. If this proves to be a viable source of fuel, it would suck to see big companies gobble up all the rights to it, but hopefully it would end all this damn speculation crap and lead to a more flatline of fuel prices that proves to be a realistic price for gasoline.

If the US economy is ever going to gain steam, these damn gas prices need to fall AND FAST!!!!

Thoughts

EDIT,
I posted this in politics and religion because there is going to be corporate debate going on. If others feel its more general newsworthy please move it and delete this edit.

Star_Cards
03-31-2011, 04:03 PM
great to see oil companies investing to see if it's a viable option. Although down the road that could get dicy there needs to be interest from corporate america to actually bankroll the research.

pr0phet
03-31-2011, 07:32 PM
That is what scares me. The only people in any position to support this are the oil companies.

sanfran22
03-31-2011, 09:30 PM
Or maybe drill for oil here.....just a thought ,lol.

pghin08
03-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Or maybe drill for oil here.....just a thought ,lol.

Yeah, but how long is that sustainable? Not long, even with ANWR drilling. We need to focus on alternatives that are feasible to us (ie. Natural gas).

INTIMADATOR2007
03-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah, but how long is that sustainable? Not long, even with ANWR drilling. We need to focus on alternatives that are feasible to us (ie. Natural gas).

There is over 200 years worth of oil within our borders and coastline , On our property . The rest of the world continues to laugh at us !

Aikman_TheGreat
04-01-2011, 03:04 AM

May be true, but why not do both? Because it makes way too much sense. I've been saying this for years.

This may sound cheesy, but if we can put a man on the moon, we can drill for fuel here, while trying to find alternatve fuels. Do this at the same time. Problem is, the higher ups wont make as much money.

Plus, wouldnt that create more jobs? Stimulate economy?

Star_Cards
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
regardless of what oil reserves we have in this country or anywhere else, I think it's a great idea to research alternatives.

sanfran22
04-01-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't think anyone here disagrees with always trying to research and develop new ideas, but I have a huge problem with us not taking control of our own situation.
We have huge reserves and more will be found everyday. We just let others drill in them instead of us....good call.

pr0phet
04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
There is over 200 years worth of oil within our borders and coastline , On our property . The rest of the world continues to laugh at us !

SHH, that is the governments plan to get out of debt. Wait until oil is in short supply and sell each barrel at a stupidly high price.

sanfran22
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
SHH, that is the governments plan to get out of debt. Wait until oil is in short supply and sell each barrel at a stupidly high price.
lol....

duane1969
04-01-2011, 02:35 PM
May be true, but why not do both? Because it makes way too much sense. I've been saying this for years.

This may sound cheesy, but if we can put a man on the moon, we can drill for fuel here, while trying to find alternatve fuels. Do this at the same time. Problem is, the higher ups wont make as much money.

Plus, wouldnt that create more jobs? Stimulate economy?

The problem here is that your plan is too easy and makes too much sense.

If you want the goverment to implement it then your plan needs to be much more intricate, it should need a considerable amount expensive research, it needs to be loaded with ways in which it can fail and it needs to cost taxpayers lots and lots of money while making numerous politicians look like they did something to make it happen. It also needs to have loopholes that those politicians can use to blame someone else if it goes wrong and it needs to ensure that taxpayers will foot the multi-billion dollar bill to fix it when it fails. Then the government will be all for it.