PDA

View Full Version : Muslim "Protestors" Kill Un Workers

duane1969
04-01-2011, 02:04 PM
Read the article then tell me why MSNBC is too ignorant to call these people what they are.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42376051/ns/world_news-south_and_central_asia/&GT1=43001

I am totally baffled as to why MSNBC is calling these people "protestors". Last I checked protestors do not storm a building, open fire on guards, kill 8 people including beheading 2 of those people.

Why is the liberal media so scared of using the terms Mulsim and terrorist or murderers in the same sentence? It is not a protest when you behead someone, it is murder.

If these people really were just protestors then they put a big hole the liberal argument that not all Muslims are dangerous or violent. If these are normal, run-of-the-mill Muslims then they proved than normal everyday Muslims are capable of vicious killing just like their "extremist" bretheren.

gatorboymike
04-01-2011, 02:05 PM
"Religion of Peace" for the win.

shortking98
04-01-2011, 02:10 PM
If these people really were just protestors then they put a big hole the liberal argument that not all Muslims are dangerous or violent. If these are normal, run-of-the-mill Muslims then they proved than normal everyday Muslims are capable of vicious killing just like their "extremist" bretheren.

While I obviously agree that this was a terrible event I would like to point out that this bolded argument you refer to is not exclusively liberal. If my memory serves me right President Bush was a big supporter of this argument after 9/11

sanfran22
04-01-2011, 02:19 PM
While I obviously agree that this was a terrible event I would like to point out that this bolded argument you refer to is not exclusively liberal. If my memory serves me right President Bush was a big supporter of this argument after 9/11
Well, Bush was a little more liberal on some things then true conservatives would like. It was one thing I truly disagreed with him on.
Most muslim people are probably peaceful, but the religion preaches otherwise on many occasions.
I would like to think it was a knee jerk reaction so we didn't have a bunch of muslim killings in retaliation to 9-11.

duane1969
04-01-2011, 02:25 PM

No, it is not an exlusively liberal position, but if you have 100 people in a room saying it then odds are that the large majority will be liberal.

Bush was a president that wanted to remain president. Show me a guy in the Oval Office and I will show you a guy willing to say whatever he thinks will keep him there.

theonedru
04-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Juast more Americanized hatred towards the muslim community when you specifically say Muslim terrorists, as that is not true, like Christians who terrorize are not real Christians

duane1969
04-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Juast more Americanized hatred towards the muslim community when you specifically say Muslim terrorists, as that is not true, like Christians who terrorize are not real Christians

Why is that? If they are Muslims and they are terrorist then why is is Americanized hatred to call them Muslim terrorist? Are they not performing their acts of terrorism in the name of their Muslim beliefs?

Show me a guy who killed an abortion doctor and the media will be all over labeling him a Christian, but we can't call people who murder in the name of Islam a Muslim terrorist? That is so asinine.

OnePimpTiger
04-02-2011, 11:33 AM

If you're a Muslim and a terrorist and your terrorism is based on your Muslim beliefs...it's not "Americanized hatred," it's fact. That doesn't characterize all Muslims or the Islamic religion as a whole. A Christian who commits terrorist acts based on their beliefs is a Christian terrorist. It's not opinion, bias, bigotry, discrimination, or anything of the kind...it's a factual statement.

theonedru
04-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Why is that? If they are Muslims and they are terrorist then why is is Americanized hatred to call them Muslim terrorist? Are they not performing their acts of terrorism in the name of their Muslim beliefs?

Show me a guy who killed an abortion doctor and the media will be all over labeling him a Christian, but we can't call people who murder in the name of Islam a Muslim terrorist? That is so asinine.

Does me standing in a garage going "honk honk" makes me a car?

sanfran22
04-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Seriously?:confused0024::smash:

Face the facts already, you are waaaayyyy to naive.

duane1969
04-03-2011, 12:33 PM

That is your counter-arguement? Seriously?

Does a person who commits acts of terrorism in the name of Islam make them not a terrorist or not a Muslim?

theonedru
04-03-2011, 07:49 PM
That is your counter-arguement? Seriously?

Does a person who commits acts of terrorism in the name of Islam make them not a terrorist or not a Muslim?

It makes them a terrorist not a Muslim terrorist

By laying claim to fight for Islam it draws the ire of western nations which leads to growing anti Islam sentiment against Muslims in general thus driving a wedge between true Muslims and western peoples too blind to see what they are trying to do.

gatorboymike
04-04-2011, 12:34 AM
I think it's pretty clear that these terrorist acts are inspired by, and carried out in the name of, Islam. That's the difference between a Muslim terrorist and a terrorist who happens to be Muslim. The reason you reference the religion itself is because the religion was the driving force behind the act.

11chaos
04-04-2011, 09:03 AM

Sure! And a Defective one at that.

duane1969
04-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I think it's pretty clear that these terrorist acts are inspired by, and carried out in the name of, Islam. That's the difference between a Muslim terrorist and a terrorist who happens to be Muslim. The reason you reference the religion itself is because the religion was the driving force behind the act.

Exactly. This was not some random act. This was an act in direct relation to the religion of Islam. Trying to seperate the two based on some ridiculous need to be politically correct makes no sense. If these people were not Islamic they would not have done this so that clearly makes them Muslim terrorist.

Theodor Madison
04-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Religion, many times is a way of thinking. Hatred is not what most Muslims believe but what they were taught to believe. What troubles me is that those Muslims who live in America, do not speak out against the hatred being taught.

We, or should I say many in America want to cover the fact America is hated. 9/11 was just an example, after that celebrating on the streets of many Muslim countries. Hate to say it, But we can't close our eyes, just to be beheaded. A true love of man is when you can lay your life for him. No country sacrifices more for other countries than the United States.

Star_Cards
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM
The way I see it, a terrorist is a terrorist. I guess we can qualify a terrorist by his religion, but he's still a terrorist and to me that's primary categorization for me. I'd much rather know if someone is a terrorist over his religious beliefs. I think the people that question using the qualifier of "muslim terrorist" is because there are a lot of people out there, including some politicians, that seem to think that once you qualify a terrorist by his religious affiliation then the leap is made to include all of that religious affiliation into the terrorist affiliation. It's simply not the case. I don't have issue with stating ones religion with a terrorist, but it can be dangerous when some people will flip that and deduce that every person of said religion will be a terrorist.

Besides, you could go to any religious service and take surveys and you'd probably find many different types of views about a certain topic. That's within a building where people have like mined views about their religious beliefs. If you have that diversity within a single religious structure it's pretty narrow minded to lump an entire religious umbrella into one specific ideology, whether it be good or bad.

duane1969
04-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Saying a terrorist is a terrorist is like saying a dog is a dog. Yes, they all will bite, but knowing their motivation for biting helps to understand the threat and limit that threat.

An IRA terrorist will not behead you for burning a Quran. A Muslim terrorist will not kill you for burning a Bible. There are differences and those differences are based on motivation for the terrorist action. Being so politically correct that you generalize all terrorism into the same pile is niave.

pghin08
04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
Saying a terrorist is a terrorist is like saying a dog is a dog. Yes, they all will bite, but knowing their motivation for biting helps to understand the threat and limit that threat.

An IRA terrorist will not behead you for burning a Quran. A Muslim terrorist will not kill you for burning a Bible. There are differences and those differences are based on motivation for the terrorist action. Being so politically correct that you generalize all terrorism into the same pile is niave.

Agreed. I'm not sure what the issue is with calling people like these Muslim terrorists. Like others have said, if you use fear and violence to further a cause, you're a terrorist. If you are motivated by Islam to do such acts, then you are a Muslim terrorist.

Example: If I gave money to charity or do work for a charity, I'm a philanthropist. If the reason that I do it is because I believe it is my Christian duty to do so, then I'm a Christian philanthropist. I don't think anyone would take issue with that.

It's not that "ignorant Americans" are pigeonholing the Muslim religion. It's just a matter of calling a spade a spade. It's not that all Muslims are terrorists (none of the Muslims that I know are), but those who engage in terrorist activities that are directly derived from their interpretation of Islam, are Muslim terrorists. That simply isn't up for debate.

duwal
04-04-2011, 05:17 PM
has anything been said about the Muslim protestors being members or part of a terrorist organization?

duane1969
04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
has anything been said about the Muslim protestors being members or part of a terrorist organization?

Do they have to declare that they are part of a terrorist organization to be considered terrorist? They assaulted a UN location, shooting at guards and beheading people, that's enough for me to make a logical conclusion.

For the record I don't think any of them were caught so proving who they were is kind of difficult. However, al-Quada (sp?) has claimed responsibility for several incidents in the area where numerous UN workers have been killed.

My original point was the silliness of MSNBC calling them "protestors" when they clearly were much more than just a run-of-the-mill protestors.

pghin08
04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Do they have to declare that they are part of a terrorist organization to be considered terrorist? They assaulted a UN location, shooting at guards and beheading people, that's enough for me to make a logical conclusion.

For the record I don't think any of them were caught so proving who they were is kind of difficult. However, al-Quada (sp?) has claimed responsibility for several incidents in the area where numerous UN workers have been killed.

My original point was the silliness of MSNBC calling them "protestors" when they clearly were much more than just a run-of-the-mill protestors.

It's ridiculous. It's not even a "PC" argument, there shouldn't be any bones about calling these people terrorists.

duwal
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM

well yeah they kind of do otherwise they're just criminals or murderers

Theodor Madison
04-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Who do the liberals think they are fooling? They expect us to walk hand and hand singing Kumbuya, or what ever. The Muslims, in foreign countries, are taught to hate America, and those here don't speak out against the hatred. I really don't know if on a one to one situation things would be different. Many are pushed into a form of extreme hatred esp in groups. We will be fighting with them one decade and holding hands the next.

pghin08
04-04-2011, 10:09 PM

Well, the protests themselves were hijacked by Taliban insurgents, so yeah. And being a terrorist means using violence to further an agenda. "protestors" usually have an agenda.

duane1969
04-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Then I guess the 9/11 hijackers were just hodge-podge criminals seeing as no group officially claimed responsibility.

Someone who commits an act of terrorism in the name of a religion does not need to be identified with a particular group like Al-Queda or Hezbollah to be a (insert religion name) terrorist. It is niave to think that only people in terrorist groups are terrorist.

There is no middle grouond here. They are Muslims. They did kill in the name of their religion. That much is fact. Either they are terrorist or they are not. If they are, I am right. If they are not terrorist and are just average everyday Muslims then those who fear Muslims and think that average everyday Muslims should be feared and are capable of murder are right. So who is right?