PDA

View Full Version : Is This Too Common Sense?

duane1969
04-10-2011, 11:44 PM
In light of Donald Trump's recent revivial of the question of Barack Obama's birth certificate, I have a question.

Why does Barack Obama not just show his birth certificate? Why let this drag on for 2 years? Why not just put the nay-sayers to rest with a release of his birth certificate? They release tax records, financial documents, driving records, military records, etc., what is the down side of a legitimate, notarized copy of his birth certificate?

Is this too much common sense? Is this too obvious? I feel kind of silly for pointing it out but it seems so obvious that it is kind of odd. IMO it lends to the argument that he is not a citizen by refusing to provide a notarized copy of his BC.

Thoughts?

gatorboymike
04-10-2011, 11:53 PM
If the people who needed to see the freakin' thing hadn't been satisfied with what they were shown, he never would have made it even as far as being an official candidate. To claim otherwise is to...

Star_Cards
04-11-2011, 12:01 AM
I've seen the copy of it online as well as copies of the announcements from honolulu newspapers. I suppose anyone can say that these are fakes, but I think it would quite difficult for a candidate to file a fraudulent birth certificate that is filed by the state. I seem to think that this would be something that could be uncovered if in fact it were fake.

It also brings the question of what could Obama or anyone else believed to have filed fake birth certificates prove it? How would someone that believes him to be not natively born like him to prove that he was born in Hawaii?

duane1969
04-11-2011, 12:03 AM
I get your point but using the futility of producing a BC as a defense doesn't make sense. Saying "nobody will belive me anyway" is not a valid argument IMO. When a sincere question is raised about a president then he is obligated to respond to it. The question of Bill Clinton's devotion to his marriage was raised and he reluctantly responded to it. Obama ignoring this as a way of avoiding it just makes it worse.

duane1969
04-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I've seen the copy of it online as well as copies of the announcements from honolulu newspapers. I suppose anyone can say that these are fakes, but I think it would quite difficult for a candidate to file a fraudulent birth certificate that is filed by the state. I seem to think that this would be something that could be uncovered if in fact it were fake.

It also brings the question of what could Obama or anyone else believed to have filed fake birth certificates prove it? How would someone that believes him to be not natively born like him to prove that he was born in Hawaii?

The issue I had with the Hawaii BC was that it wasn't notarized. Most states, including Hawaii, put an official seal on birth certificates. The one that was shown to be his had no seal.

Ray Rice Collector
04-11-2011, 12:15 AM
This man obviously see the big picture of how the Repbulican party works. They spend more time trying to dis credit the man than finding solutions to the nations problems. They are all lame and that...

Star_Cards
04-11-2011, 01:04 AM
That's about how I feel. I don't know first hand on the hoops one has to jump through to run for the office, but I'd think that if there were requirements they would have a very involved systems of...

duwal
04-11-2011, 04:02 AM
this is almost as annoying and pointless as the people hoping that the government finds Bary Bonds guilty for possibly lying to Congress

sanfran22
04-11-2011, 12:14 PM
This man obviously see the big picture of how the Repbulican party works. They spend more time trying to dis credit the man than finding solutions to the nations problems. They are all lame and that is why our country is suffering now.
Lol, yeah that's it.......:smash::confused0024:

Star_Cards
04-11-2011, 01:50 PM
as far as what pee632 says... we see both sides go after things like this when it would probably be more effective to go after more substantial items. Dems did it to bush with his national guard / military service. I'd much rather see someone disagree with a politicians ideals more so than things similar to this.

pghin08
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
http://factcheck.org/2011/04/donald-youre-fired/

I'm really tired of all this.

theonedru
04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
maybe we should allow foreigners to run for president seeing how the home born ones cannot do a competent job

INTIMADATOR2007
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
Did he produce a "certificate of live birth"
Or "certification of live birth"?
Here's a good artical ...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/04/important_difference_between_a.html

pghin08
04-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Did he produce a "certificate of live birth"
Or "certification of live birth"?
Here's a good artical ...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/04/important_difference_between_a.html

That is a good article, but it doesn't really address what the Hawaiian standards were when Obama was born (1961). Remember, part of the issue here is that when Obama was born, Hawaii itself was only two years old. So it's not like being born in Rhode Island in 1961, some of the paperwork they used then may now be defunct.

Here's my breakdown of the Obama birther argument:

1. The people who think he was born in the US/the people who don't care either way.

I myself, fall into both of these categories. I think he was born in the US (I've yet to see any evidence of his Kenyan birth). And even if he wasn't, I don't care. It doesn't make him any less American to me. I know people who have immigrated to the US that are far more proud to be an American than some who have been born here.

2. The people who will ALWAYS believe that he is a Kenyan Muslim.

There could be video evidence of Obama coming out of the womb under a "Welcome to Hawaii" sign with an American flag pinned to his forehead and they still wouldn't believe he was US born. It's funny to me because a lot of the "birthers" scoff at people who believe 9/11 or Kennedy conspiracies, all while claiming the entire Obama presidency is a conspiracy. Funny how quick we grasp onto these conspiracy theories when they favor our point of view.

I guess my point is this. I'm aggravated by how people have turned this into such a monumental issue when we all know that nothing would ever be done about it anyways. Trump is basically running on this argument, but what is he going to do? Push Congress to file impeachment proceedings? They'd get laughed at when they couldn't provide a lick of legit evidence.

This is a microcosm of the phenomenon that Thomas Frank wrote about in "What's the Matter with Kansas", where the general public is beginning to vote more on social issues than political/economic ones.

ffman
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I couldn't have said it any better myself, especially the first few sentences. <br />
<br />
If you truly believe Obama was not born in the United States and yet was elected president despite this - you need...

brandonbarnett
04-13-2011, 05:05 PM
This man obviously see the big picture of how the Repbulican party works. They spend more time trying to dis credit the man than finding solutions to the nations problems. They are all lame and that is why our country is suffering now.

Thats a very narrow minded statement, this country is suffering because of both Dems and Reps, and alot of this crap boils down to the other side not wanting the other do get credit when they make progress....and the junk won't stop until people quit going by party lines and get new blood in there, and people who don't act childish.....as far as the whole BC issue it should be just dropped, and if its of such concern don't re elect?? Simple as that.

Star_Cards
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
well said brandon. I'm so sick of the US citizens fighting against each other based on Rep and Dem. It's time to realize that they are both doing harm and seem to be 100&#37; against working together to create unity. I get that there will be differences and people have lots of different views about many different things that involves government, but to act like one side isn't as bad as the other is very narrow minded. I for one am tired of the statusquo and would like to start hearing solution over blame.

duane1969
04-27-2011, 04:26 PM
This was just released by the Obama admin. Looks legit enough to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/interactive/politics/2011/04/27/obamas-birth-certificate/

Star_Cards
04-27-2011, 05:12 PM
No what will Trump spout off about to bring in the publicity? My guess is muslims.

ffman
04-27-2011, 06:49 PM
No what will Trump spout off about to bring in the publicity? My guess is muslims.

Now he wants school records.

But, he needs to remember his promise to show his tax records.

sanfran22
04-27-2011, 08:08 PM
I find it kind of funny that Trump actually got someone to release something. Whether real or not, it was only a few years in the making......lol

*censored*
04-28-2011, 01:25 PM
The whole reason the birth certificate stayed in the news for so long is because it's a convenient story for the Democrats. They could whip out that certificate anytime they wanted to. But by keeping it a news story, it deflects attention away from anything they're doing wrong (and let's be honest, it's a lot) and puts the attention on A. what idiots the Republicans are being about it all, and B. the birth certificate mystery itself. It's basically baiting the Republicans into following their own strawman argument.

And not only that, but now it forces Trump to either A. put his info out there, or B. disappear from the whole process. Well played, indeed.

For anyone still questioning it, question away. Doesn't matter to me. But I'd also like you to show me the Great Democrat Time Machine that was used to go back and put his birth announcement in the Honolulu newspapers. Or the Great Democrat Crystal Ball that they used to know he'd be president one day and stick false information in at that point.

Birthers are just grasping at straws by this point. The burden of proof rests with the accusers, and in this case they have none.

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad280/Johnny2x2x/OBAMAS-BIRTH-CERTIFICATE.jpg