PDA

View Full Version : TSA searches and drug tests 6 yo girl

theonedru
04-13-2011, 04:50 AM
What would you think of a stranger feeling up your young daughter/son? This fear mongering has seriously gone too far, wake up America and take your darn country back before its too late......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba030UmbkCo&feature=

angel0430
04-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Just WOW

Star_Cards
04-13-2011, 11:58 AM
The outrage to this is ridiculous. Anyone flying is subject to search and from what I see in the video this search was not inappropriate. It's sadder to think that searches have to be done on children because people out there would use them to get things on planes that shouldn't be there. Patting people down for security is hardly feeling up. There are places that people go or want to go where we can't bring whatever we want (planes, court rooms, schools, and so on). Just because we are a free country doesn't mean we are free to carry whatever we want where ever we want. If people think their children are being traumatized by a couple minute pat down they shouldn't fly with their children. They have that choice, but once they take their kid s through security they do not have a choice as to whether or not they get a pat down.

The ironic thing to me is that if another attack similar to 9/11 or even less than happened and it was found out they used children to get illegal things onto planes people would be going nuts in the opposite direction.

pghin08
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
I dunno man. The six year olds in my area are all terrorist cokeheads.

theonedru
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
This isnt about terrorists as much as it is instilling fear and control in Americans. Why you say because terror makes money and its making alot of politicians buddies very very rich. It also used as an edge to divert peoples when need be.

Star_Cards
04-13-2011, 05:04 PM
I agree 100% that washington sells fear very hard and a lot of people fall for it. There are people that think we are actually safer because we are fighting multiple wars abroad. I also agree that it's a diversion tactic as well. That said, if a child goes through an airport scanner and sets it off I would want that child to go through whatever an adult would go through as far as patting them down like in the above video. It's just a known practice when you choose to travel through the air.

sanfran22
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Here's something our country still stands for.....freedom in transportation choices. Sooooo, if you don't like the policy, you don't have to fly.
If people stop flying and voice their displeasure, things could change.

Star_Cards
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
well said. it is a choice. However I don't think any sort of flight decrease would cause for a loosening of the security. For me a possible pat down is worth the time saved in flying. It seems like people equate these sorts of pat downs to be similar to strip searches or full body cavity searches. Having someone pat down your legs, arms, and waist with the back of their hands isn't even close to being something that I would personally consider a violation.

Joncamburn
04-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Hmm...just watched this, not sure where the "feeling up" part is.......I don't think it is a big deal. You don't want your kid to be searched, don't fly. I think it is layed out pretty simple. I don't see that the girl was traumatised by this, my guess is that the partents are just trying to get attention.

duane1969
04-14-2011, 06:51 PM
Just have your kid wear a burka. Problem solved.

dfr52
04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
I have no issues w/ this. Children have been used to carry bombs for years and its always better to be on the safe side.

duwal
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
well the simple fact is they can't have the choice to take any passenger lightly.

I remember seeing on the news about an 8 year old having a weapon and his teachers locking themselves in a room as he threatened to kill them. And this was the 3rd time the police were called about his behavior. Now if he was being chosen to be patted down for anything I don't think we'd see the same people flipping out as some are about this video above

Like someone said, these are the rules. Someone can film and post their outrage when its being done but the fact is once the family bought those tickets they agreed to this act as a possibility of their checking in for air travel

brandonbarnett
04-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I have no issues w/ this. Children have been used to carry bombs for years and its always better to be on the safe side.

+1, Its a sad thing to say but kids have been used as mules to carry items for years, and if a kid has to be searched so be it.....don't like it don't fly...

Aikman_TheGreat
04-19-2011, 05:31 AM
Its a sad video to watch, but this is the world we live in now. I didnt see any inappropriate touching, and it was woman doing the test, not a male. Had it been a male there would be a problem. Also, the parents (I believe) were right there watching. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

theonedru
04-19-2011, 08:26 AM
Its a sad video to watch, but this is the world we live in now. I didnt see any inappropriate touching, and it was woman doing the test, not a male. Had it been a male there would be a problem. Also, the parents (I believe) were right there watching. Sometimes we have to do what we have to do.

" it was woman doing the test, not a male. Had it been a male there would be a problem "

And why is that, A little sexist and discriminatory is it not?

Star_Cards
04-19-2011, 10:15 AM
" it was woman doing the test, not a male. Had it been a male there would be a problem "

I don't see it as being sexist or discriminatory. In most instances it takes any potential sexual undertones that may be there if it were two people of different sexes. For the most part I believe this protocol is used for legal purposes.

Most women are probably way more comfortable being searched by another women.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-20-2011, 04:54 AM

Can you imagine if it was a male that was touching this little girl like that? Not that the female employee did anything wrong, but it would be completely different if it was a male. I know I wouldnt be comfortable if I was working that job and they asked me to search a girl of that age. I'd look like a pervert.

Why do you think I'm being sexist? Do you think I'm saying females aren't capable of doing that job?

theonedru
04-20-2011, 05:04 AM
Can you imagine if it was a male that was touching this little girl like that? Not that the female employee did anything wrong, but it would be completely different if it was a male. I know I wouldnt be comfortable if I was working that job and they asked me to search a girl of that age. I'd look like a pervert.

Why do you think I'm being sexist? Do you think I'm saying females aren't capable of doing that job?

Because you say its ok for a woman to do that but not a man, touching is touching whether it be a man or woman its equally "perverted" thats all

Aikman_TheGreat
04-20-2011, 05:08 AM
Because you say its ok for a woman to do that but not a man, touching is touching whether it be a man or woman its equally "perverted" thats all

I'm just saying when I have a daughter and she has to be searched and they send out a man to do it I'm going to freak out on them, I'm not going to have some guy feeling on my little girl.

theonedru
04-20-2011, 05:18 AM
I'm just saying when I have a daughter and she has to be searched and they send out a man to do it I'm going to freak out on them, I'm not going to have some guy feeling on my little girl.

But your ok with a complete female stranger doing the exact same thing to your daughter...... If I had a daughter No stranger male or female is laying a hand on her regardless.

These stupid search machines made some politicians and their friends a lot of money. This isnt about terrorism or making the world safer, its about the almighty $ plain and simple. Some politicians buddy says hey I have these machines the gov't can buy you get them to do so and you get your kickback I get richer and who cares about anyone else.

Aikman_TheGreat
04-20-2011, 05:31 AM
But your ok with a complete female stranger doing the exact same thing to your daughter...... If I had a daughter No stranger male or female is laying a hand on her regardless.

These stupid search machines made some politicians and their friends a lot of money. This isnt about terrorism or making the world safer, its about the almighty $ plain and simple. Some politicians buddy says hey I have these machines the gov't can buy you get them to do so and you get your kickback I get richer and who cares about anyone else.

I dont like it either way, I was just pointing out the fact that it wasn't some guy trying to feel up a little girl. I wasnt trying to be sexist at all, and that is what you called me out on.

duane1969
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
I dont like it either way, I was just pointing out the fact that it wasn't some guy trying to feel up a little girl. I wasnt trying to be sexist at all, and that is what you called me out on.

If the guy is just doing his job then why does it get classified as "trying to feel up a little girl"?

If a female doctor checks me for a hernia is she trying to "feel me up"?

Star_Cards
04-20-2011, 11:19 AM

I agree with you about the new security machines making politicians buddies a lot of money. I still don't have issue with the search. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would know that a pat down could be used if I take this hypothetical child through security at the airport.

duane1969
04-20-2011, 06:33 PM
We are forgetting one particular aspect. While we may be informed of TSA's practices, the average citizen may not be aware that TSA is the airline that does it. It is a bit naive to think that everyone who rides TSA for the first time is aware that they will be physically searched.

andrewhoya
04-20-2011, 06:40 PM
TSA is the airline that does it

What do you mean by this?

Aikman_TheGreat
04-21-2011, 04:26 AM
If the guy is just doing his job then why does it get classified as "trying to feel up a little girl"?

If a female doctor checks me for a hernia is she trying to "feel me up"?

No, but when dealing with children it is probably a good idea to have a woman check the girls, and a man check the boys. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking, but we live in a sick world. Most (more than likely all) TSA agents wouldnt do anything inapporpriate, but you never know.

What I said wasnt a BIG deal, it was just a small detail that would've made me feel a little more comfortable.

TTMcardMaster
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
We are forgetting one particular aspect. While we may be informed of TSA's practices, the average citizen may not be aware that TSA is the airline that does it. It is a bit naive to think that everyone who rides TSA for the first time is aware that they will be physically searched.

Ummm..TSA isn't an airline. You can't ride TSA....

duwal
04-21-2011, 03:38 PM

Then I guess you wouldn't be traveling by plane

TTMcardMaster
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Then I guess you wouldn't be traveling by plane

He'll be like this guy!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/21/new-yorkers-hail-a-cab-to_n_851993.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk2%7C57473

andrewhoya
04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
What do you mean by this?

Ummm..TSA isn't an airline. You can't ride TSA....

Thats what I thought, but I thought maybe I mis-interpreted it?