PDA

View Full Version : No thread about Obama's Birth Certificate?

pghin08
04-28-2011, 04:31 PM
I figured most people on SCF would appreciate the Fox News link

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/27/white-house-releases-obamas-long-form-birth-certificate/

Not a chance this debate is over though. That's politics for you.

*censored*
04-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Check the "Is This Too Common Sense" thread below.

limitedplay50
04-28-2011, 05:00 PM
I heard its an obvious fake. Photo shopped and all, multiple layers letters dont match up etc just saying.

gladdyontherise
04-28-2011, 05:12 PM
I heard its an obvious fake. Photo shopped and all, multiple layers letters dont match up etc just saying.

Do you honestly think if he faked his birth certificate there would be so many mistakes on it?

I can't believe people really care about this...and nobody give me the 'well we need to make sure he is who he says he is' and such like that...

pghin08
04-28-2011, 06:50 PM

I heard he's a Communist alien from Neptune sent here to destroy America with his alien health care system. Just saying.

gatorboymike
04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
As I said, it's a waste of time trying to convince people who have already decided they'll never listen.

OnePimpTiger
04-28-2011, 09:21 PM
I've never been one of the people saying he wasn't an American citizen and I'm still not...but why did it take 2 years and 3 months since inauguration to do this? If this had been done April 2009, it would have been much more effective at putting the kibosh on the nay-sayers.

*censored*
04-29-2011, 02:06 AM
As I said in the other thread...

The whole reason the birth certificate stayed in the news for so long is because it's a convenient story for the Democrats. They could whip out that certificate anytime they wanted to. But by keeping it a news story, it deflects attention away from anything they're doing wrong (and let's be honest, it's a lot) and puts the attention on A. what idiots the Republicans are being about it all, and B. the birth certificate mystery itself. It's basically baiting the Republicans into following their own strawman argument.

And not only that, but now it forces Trump to either A. put his info out there, or B. disappear from the whole process. Well played, indeed.

For anyone still questioning it, question away. Doesn't matter to me. But I'd also like you to show me the Great Democrat Time Machine that was used to go back and put his birth announcement in the Honolulu newspapers. Or the Great Democrat Crystal Ball that they used to know he'd be president one day and stick false information in at that point.

Birthers are just grasping at straws by this point. The burden of proof rests with the accusers, and in this case they have none.

c73clevans
04-29-2011, 02:10 AM
My oldest son was born in Hawaii while I was in the Army and the birth certs still pretty much looked the same 7 years ago. I really hoped this thing would just go away at this point. I never questioned where he was born but my problem came from the transparency that he was supposed to bring to Washington and then he covers up something as small as this.

duwal
04-29-2011, 03:43 AM
I've never been one of the people saying he wasn't an American citizen and I'm still not...but why did it take 2 years and 3 months since inauguration to do this? If this had been done April 2009, it would have been much more effective at putting the kibosh on the nay-sayers.

well not really, like you've seen above, no matter what he shows some will still imply its an obvious fake or pick it apart

Star_Cards
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM

I looked at it. the letters that don't match are in two boxes that record when the certificate was accepted onto file. My guess is that they were entered in my a different person when the certificate was filed. The rest was probably created at the hospital or something.

there are people that can photoshop things perfectly. I feel that if it was faked they sure has heck would have made it with the same typefaces if that was in fact how they are done back then. Knowing that it would be scrutinized I'd bet they'd make sure to not leave inconsistencies.

Why don't people get that we don't need to be talking about this stuff. There are many of real issues that need to be worked on. I guess this is what the 24 hour news cycle gets us. Obama's birth certificate and royal wedding chatter. UGH!!!

OnePimpTiger
04-29-2011, 01:26 PM
well not really, like you've seen above, no matter what he shows some will still imply its an obvious fake or pick it apart

Some, true, but a lot of people would have accepted it. The argument that it took this long to produce causes some people who would have accepted it as legit to question it. An honestly, it's a valid question. If it was that easy, why did it take over two years to do? I think censored has a valid point on that front, but that will never be admitted, so the question remains.

habsheaven
04-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Probably because he didn't want to waste his time answering these ridiculous charges. How many other Presidents have been asked to jump through this hoop for his nay-sayers?

sanfran22
04-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Probably everyone. It's standard practice to put on your declaration that you were born in this country. <br />
One candidate did that last year, one did not. A simple oversight I guess:sign0020:

gatorboymike
04-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Probably everyone. It's standard practice to put on your declaration that you were born in this country.
One candidate did that last year, one did not. A simple oversight I guess:sign0020:

Yeah, and the one who did not was McCain. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone. :sign0020:

sanfran22
04-29-2011, 03:40 PM
Yeah, and the one who did not was McCain. He was born in the Panama Canal Zone. :sign0020:
Actually, check that fact...he was born in Panama and it was checked out. What did Obama have put on his declaration.......?:confused0024::sign0020:

gatorboymike
04-29-2011, 03:57 PM
You must seriously think there's absolutely no one checking to make sure presidential candidates are actually eligible for office. And if that were so, then Bush could have been born in Saudi Arabia and no one would have been the wiser.

The problem isn't "one candidate refused to declare he was born in this country." The problem is "Birthers like you refuse to believe he was born in this country."

sanfran22
04-29-2011, 03:59 PM
You must seriously think there's absolutely no one checking to make sure presidential candidates are actually eligible for office. And if that were so, then Bush could have been born in Saudi Arabia and no one would have been the wiser.

The problem isn't "one candidate refused to declare he was born in this country." The problem is "Birthers like you refuse to believe he was born in this country."
Yeah, sure...:winking0071:

habsheaven
04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Probably everyone. It's standard practice to put on your declaration that you were born in this country.

I was referring to the request to provide more than what is normally provided to election officials. Hence the term "nay-sayers". Thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

gatorboymike
04-29-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, sure...:winking0071:

Where's your certificate of non-birther-ness? Why have you so consistently refused to provide it? You could clear everything up just by showing it to us, although I'll just say it's a fake without hardly even looking at it anyway.

sanfran22
04-29-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't recall saying anything about being a Birther. I believe I've said there are alot of issues surrounding this president that should have been addressed. It's called due diligence which obviously wasn't done. But go ahead and make all you assumptions like you do in every thread. Speaks volumes......

sanfran22
04-29-2011, 04:14 PM
I was referring to the request to provide more than what is normally provided to election officials. Hence the term "nay-sayers". Thought that was obvious, but I guess not.
I was reffering to the simple form that was filled out and that part was ommited for some reason. I thought that was obvious as well.

limitedplay50
04-29-2011, 04:16 PM

he couldnt do it then because he didnt have one. Just like Trump says and actually other people for a long time now. Obama is the biggest joke the world has seen. The people that really run things ran him as a joke.
Who cares if their are illegal aliens running around in the white house with anchor babies.

habsheaven
04-29-2011, 04:19 PM
I was reffering to the simple form that was filled out and that part was ommited for some reason. I thought that was obvious as well.

Not really all that obvious when you quoted my response. Doing so kind of implies you are talking about what I had to say. :confused0024:

DunkingDurant35
04-30-2011, 12:23 AM
This whole issue was ridiculously over-questioned to begin with, so it's nice that it's done with once and for all (except for obsessive fringe people, naturally). As for the "why did it take so long" camp, censored's explanation is quite plausible, and so is the fact that government red tape is notoriously slow. If you don't believe that, consider that my family kept getting mail about a deceased relative up to a decade after he died!

duwal
05-02-2011, 09:30 PM
or that it took congress 8 years and 34 million dollars just to bring charges up against Barry Bonds for perjury....Important lesson: It can take awhile

INTIMADATOR2007
05-02-2011, 09:44 PM
This whole issue was ridiculously over-questioned to begin with, so it's nice that it's done with once and for all (except for obsessive fringe people, naturally). As for the "why did it take so long" camp, censored's explanation is quite plausible, and so is the fact that government red tape is notoriously slow. If you don't believe that, consider that my family kept getting mail about a deceased relative up to a decade after he died!
Why would he spend 2 million dollars to keep the birth certificate and school,college records secret ? The only person to drag this out was Obama nobody else . Would it matter if there was an illegle in the white house ? The certificate really insites that his father was not a natural born citizen , So what does that make Obama ?

pghin08
05-02-2011, 10:48 PM
Why would he spend 2 million dollars to keep the birth certificate and school,college records secret ? The only person to drag this out was Obama nobody else . Would it matter if there was an illegle in the white house ? The certificate really insites that his father was not a natural born citizen , So what does that make Obama ?

First off, if you're born in the US, you're a citizen. His father not being a natural born citizen doesn't matter

Second, even if Obama was born outside the US, he's still a citizen and eligible to run for the Presidency in accordance with Title 8 because his mother was a US citizen for over 5 years (was born in Wichita and lived in the US until well after Obama was born)

http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_citi.html

pantherfan82
05-03-2011, 06:54 PM
This birth certificate thing makes republicans look like idiots imo.

sanfran22
05-03-2011, 07:50 PM
:sign0020: Except I believe it was all started by a democrat.:sign0020:
I guess that makes Republicans look like idiots as well..........:winking0071:

INTIMADATOR2007
05-03-2011, 08:31 PM
I would say it's the democrats that look like idiots for electeing someone no one knows anything about ...ha,ha,

duwal
05-03-2011, 08:52 PM
I would say it's the democrats that look like idiots for electeing someone no one knows anything about ...ha,ha,

everyone looks like idiots for actually thinking this is an issue that is worth anyones time

pghin08
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
everyone looks like idiots for actually thinking this is an issue that is worth anyones time

hahahaha. that's hysterical.

sanfran22
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Everyone who voted for this idiot is an idiots, idiot:love0030::sign0020:.

DunkingDurant35
05-03-2011, 11:30 PM
pghin08, thanks for answering. As a Christian with Centrist/Libertarian leanings, I've found out that my views will always annoy someone on these boards, so it's hard to keep up with all the backlash against my views. :sign0020:

pghin08
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
pghin08, thanks for answering. As a Christian with Centrist/Libertarian leanings, I've found out that my views will always annoy someone on these boards, so it's hard to keep up with all the backlash against my views. :sign0020:

Haha, mine too. But I think it's better than it's been in the past. Most people on SCF anymore are very capable of having a reasonable discussion.

ensbergcollector
05-04-2011, 11:32 AM
I agree that Obama kept it out of public for the reason of distracting attention when he knew he could pull it out at an opportune time. Secondly, i love how Obama goes on about how he doesn't have time for this nonsense because there are more important things to do.
So let me get this straight, you don't have time to pull out one piece of paper but you sure had time to do a ncaa bracket and share it with everyone so they would know how well you know sports.

mrveggieman
05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I agree that Obama kept it out of public for the reason of distracting attention when he knew he could pull it out at an opportune time. Secondly, i love how Obama goes on about how he doesn't have time for this nonsense because there are more important things to do.
So let me get this straight, you don't have time to pull out one piece of paper but you sure had time to do a ncaa bracket and share it with everyone so they would know how well you know sports.

The reason why he says he dosent have time for this is because no matter what proof he presents there is a certian group of people who will never believe him. So why bother? That same group of people will never vote for him nor will they support anything that he does so he is moving on to someone who appreciates his help.

ensbergcollector
05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
The reason why he says he dosent have time for this is because no matter what proof he presents there is a certian group of people who will never believe him. So why bother? That same group of people will never vote for him nor will they support anything that he does so he is moving on to someone who appreciates his help.

and that would be ncaa fans? I'm sorry, I have no doubt he has plenty of things on his plate, but he wants to appear like he can relate with the common man by doing his bracket and publicizing it then he loses all right to complain about not having time for something.

mrveggieman
05-04-2011, 12:50 PM
and that would be ncaa fans? I'm sorry, I have no doubt he has plenty of things on his plate, but he wants to appear like he can relate with the common man by doing his bracket and publicizing it then he loses all right to complain about not having time for something.

Dude you can't be serious. We both agree that he has a lot on his plate but he just like you or I or anyone else for that matter cannot work 24/7 and needs some type of diversion in order to maintain sanity. I didn't see anyone complaining when both of the Bushes were out playing golf during wartime.

INTIMADATOR2007
05-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Dude you can't be serious. We both agree that he has a lot on his plate but he just like you or I or anyone else for that matter cannot work 24/7 and needs some type of diversion in order to maintain sanity. I didn't see anyone complaining when both of the Bushes were out playing golf during wartime.
There is no comparison to Obama's golf game to Bushes , When we went to war G.Bush stopped playing golf for the rest of his term (unless vaction). It was Obama that they had to pull off the course sunday so he could take 16 hrs. and sleep on getting Osama..We have serious problems in this country that is several presidents fault ,,But if Obama wants to fix it he has got to stop the Facebook town halls with kids he can brainwash and get off the golf course and doing Brackets ,Going on vactions every month .He has to man up and do the job that he wanted (or did he?)..

ensbergcollector
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM

i'm dead serious. I had no problem with the bush's playing golf and I had no problem with obama doing a bracket. But neither bush ever said they didn't have time for something that they had to do. Obama could have showed his birth certificate 3 years ago so him having to do it now is of his making. No president should ever use the phrase "i don't have time for this"

mrveggieman
05-04-2011, 01:43 PM
i'm dead serious. I had no problem with the bush's playing golf and I had no problem with obama doing a bracket. But neither bush ever said they didn't have time for something that they had to do. Obama could have showed his birth certificate 3 years ago so him having to do it now is of his making. No president should ever use the phrase "i don't have time for this"

So what can Obama do to please you? Or do you already have you mind made up against him no matter what he does?

mrveggieman
05-04-2011, 01:48 PM
There is no comparison to Obama's golf game to Bushes , When we went to war G.Bush stopped playing golf for the rest of his term (unless vaction). It was Obama that they had to pull off the course sunday so he could take 16 hrs. and sleep on getting Osama..We have serious problems in this country that is several presidents fault ,,But if Obama wants to fix it he has got to stop the Facebook town halls with kids he can brainwash and get off the golf course and doing Brackets ,Going on vactions every month .He has to man up and do the job that he wanted (or did he?)..

Brainwashing kids on face book?? Most of the kids that are listening to his townhalls on facebook won't even be old enough to vote for him next year so what's the point of brainwashing them if they can't even vote for him?? And how are you going to clown Obama for filling out a bracket when Bush was in office he always had time to go see a baseball game. Does anyone else see the double standard on here?

sanfran22
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Brainwashing kids on face book?? Most of the kids that are listening to his townhalls on facebook won't even be old enough to vote for him next year so what's the point of brainwashing them if they can't even vote for him?? And how are you going to clown Obama for filling out a bracket when Bush was in office he always had time to go see a baseball game. Does anyone else see the double standard on here?
I have no problem with vacations for the president. it is the toughest job on the planet. That being said, I believe that Mr. Obama has already surpassed the total vaca's of GW in 5 less years.:sign0020: Only problem I have were the libs making it a big deal when GW was golfing, or at camp david ect ect....Were are they now? Oh yeah, that's right....they're not biased. Just like there should not be a lib out there that is happy Obama got OBL.

sanfran22
05-04-2011, 02:08 PM
So what can Obama do to please you? Or do you already have you mind made up against him no matter what he does?
Quit:sign0020::party0048: Or maybe not, that would mean President biden...yikes...Both can quit and give it to Boehner....

habsheaven
05-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Where do you come up with all these "facts"? LOL Please track down how many "vacation" days GWB had in his 8 year term and post it in this thread so we can all have a laugh.

ensbergcollector
05-04-2011, 03:51 PM

wow, i haven't posted in a political thread in months but you seem to have me figured out. So according to you, if anyone has anything negative to say about obama, then they just have their minds made up to be against him? Is no one allowed to have an unbiased critical comment? I criticize one statement he made and you are accusing me of blind bias. Seems if anyone does, that would be you.

mrveggieman
05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
He is our president not our God so of course he is going to make mistakes. What I have a problem with is people making false and outlandish accusations about him (eg not being born in the United...

habsheaven
05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
wow, i haven't posted in a political thread in months but you seem to have me figured out. So according to you, if anyone has anything negative to say about obama, then they just have their minds made up to be against him? Is no one allowed to have an unbiased critical comment? I criticize one statement he made and you are accusing me of blind bias. Seems if anyone does, that would be you.

Forgive him for confusing you with the rest of the rabble in this forum that have never said a single positive thing about the current President. We will now have to track your comments and see how you add up compared to the rest.:sign0020:

Aikman_TheGreat
05-05-2011, 03:34 AM
From someone who asked to see it.......thanks for finally showing it. I'm good. The end, I'll leave it alone.

But wouldnt it have been much easier to just show the dang thing? I have to show my BC (birth certificate, not birth control haha), diploma, or other identification when asked, so why doesnt he? Of course, I'm not an authority, but still pay his wages so why not just do one simple task to say "shut up, here it is". haha.

Aikman_TheGreat
05-05-2011, 03:42 AM
If the police knock on my door asking if I have drugs and if they can come in, and I say hold on and then come back about 5-10 minutes later and say "yeah, come in", what will the police think? What would you think?

So can you blame me for doubting?