PDA

View Full Version : Well at least one country is trying to wake up...

sanfran22
05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/conservatives-head-victory-canada-election-022335447.html
Good job Eh, now pass some of that common sense downward to your neighbor....Sorry Habs...:sign0020:

habsheaven
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM
That's not common sense, that's the result of a very weak centrist alternative and a fear of the left. Compounded with the fact our economy has performed so well compared to the rest of the world. Conservatives took full credit for it (and the public seems to have bought it) despite the fact that our recent minority governments have kept the Conservatives from implementing their own economic policies and forced them to compromise. It is going to be interesting times over the next few years. Fortunately my provincial government reflects my political views and I will survive. The real loser in this election will end up being the environment. I can see a major shift when the next election occurs in 2015.

Wickabee
05-04-2011, 02:31 AM
This is actually a dismal election with a few bright spots.
The Greens getting a seat is pretty cool. Ignatieff going away is really cool and a Bloc meltdown is almost amazing. I can't stand the NDP, but couldn't see anyone else to vote for in this election. I'm just glad Stockwell Day stepped down. I may still have a Conservative MP, but at least it's not him anymore.