PDA

View Full Version : So you still want to vote republican?

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/3/Cj_qNZ9PYr0

gatorboymike
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Don't be silly. There weren't any CEOs of multinational oil conglomerates among the victims.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheYoungTurks?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/3/Cj_qNZ9PYr0
I thought you claimed to "listen to both sides"? You're pretty pathetic if this is the best you can come up with. Would you like me to list what the Obama administration is doing to you on a daily basis?

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought you claimed to "listen to both sides"? You're pretty pathetic if this is the best you can come up with. Would you like me to list what the Obama administration is doing to you on a daily basis?

I'm all ears. Tell me what the republicans are going to do for the storm victims. Are they going to repeat the wonderful job that they did helping the hurricane katrina survivors?

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm all ears. Tell me what the republicans are going to do for the storm victims. Are they going to repeat the wonderful job that they did helping the hurricane katrina survivors?
Do you even know how the gov't works? Who is supposed to take care of Katrina? What's the chain of order? Did you hear that the Pres called and begged for things to happen? You do realize the issue lies at the state level first and formost.
It has become VERY apparent what type of individual you are.:confused0024:

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Do you even know how the gov't works? Who is supposed to take care of Katrina? What's the chain of order? Did you hear that the Pres called and begged for things to happen? You do realize the issue lies at the state level first and formost.
It has become VERY apparent what type of individual you are.:confused0024:

You right I have no idea how the gov't works even though I lived in the United States my whole life, both of my parents worked for the gov't, I have had several gov't jobs, pay taxes and read the news online. I feel the same way about you as well. :boxing:

Hilfiger1975
05-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Goos-fra-ba :winking0071:

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:09 PM
You right I have no idea how the gov't works even though I lived in the United States my whole life, both of my parents worked for the gov't, I have had several gov't jobs, pay taxes and read the news online. I feel the same way about you as well. :boxing:
That's all that needs to be said on this topic. But it's sad that you've worked in the gov't and have no idea how it works. I guess thats typical.

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 04:15 PM
That's all that needs to be said on this topic. But it's sad that you've worked in the gov't and have no idea how it works. I guess thats typical.

And this is coming from someone who supported a president (gwb) who took a gov't surplus and turned in into a multi trillion dollar deficit. So it looks like YOU don't understand how simple math works.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
And this is coming from someone who supported a president (gwb) who took a gov't surplus and turned in into a multi trillion dollar deficit. So it looks like YOU don't understand how simple math works.
Here mr. Gov't scholar.....I believe there was a 6 trillionish gov't debt when Bush took office.....also.........:smash:

"The National Debt stood at $10.6-trillon on the day Barack Obama took office. But if his budget projections are accurate, he'll run up nearly as much government debt in four years as President Bush did in eight":confused0024:

PLEASE stay out of the polling places in the future.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/obama_budget_deficit.jpg

andrewhoya
05-25-2011, 04:30 PM
http://blog.heritage.org/wp-content/uploads/obama_budget_deficit.jpg

Not sure if this can be considered accurate if they don't even now how to correctly label a graph......

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Here mr. Gov't scholar.....I believe there was a 6 trillionish gov't debt when Bush took office.....also.........:smash:

"The National Debt stood at $10.6-trillon on the day Barack Obama took office. But if his budget projections are accurate, he'll run up nearly as much government debt in four years as President Bush did in eight":confused0024:

PLEASE stay out of the polling places in the future.

Please stop getting your "facts" from fox news and following rush limbaugh like his word is gospel. When you can come up with some objective facts I would love to hear them.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:33 PM
Please stop getting your facts from fox news and following rush limbaugh like his word is gospel. When you can come up with some objective facts I would love to hear them.
There are no facts in your world. You cannot dispute so you deflect. When you learn to debate, lmk.

sanfran22
Not sure if this can be considered accurate if they don't even now how to correct label a graph......
I guess you need to speak with the CBO????

andrewhoya
I guess you need to speak with the CBO????

Guess so.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Here's from the treasury.....
http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt_histo5.htm

A balanced budget and debt are 2 different things. another question, who balanced the budget under Clinton??

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
There are no facts in your world. You cannot dispute so you deflect. When you learn to debate, lmk.

Just like the WMD that were in Iraq in your world.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Just like the WMD that were in Iraq in your world.
Thanks for the excellent debate...you are truely a scholar it seems.

mrveggieman
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the excellent debate...you are truely a scholar it seems.

Likewise. It's people like YOU that we can thank for 8 years without war and for the balanced budget that we had under GWB. If you ever want to debate again you know where to find me on here.

sanfran22
05-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Likewise. It's people like YOU that we can thank for 8 years without war and for the balanced budget that we had under GWB. If you ever want to debate again you know where to find me on here.

Lol. Yeah.no problem. No sense debating those that can't handle it. I save the debates for some on here that know how. When you can refute anything I've said lmk.

reggie_miller_fan
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Edited for language....

habsheaven
05-25-2011, 06:53 PM
You would think someone with over 1,300 posts would know better. Enjoy the vacation that is surely coming. lol

theonedru
05-25-2011, 07:03 PM
Anyone who uses the Republican or Democrat argument platform has no idea what they are talking about because THERE IS ZIP ZERO NADA DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES. When will people pull their heads out of their behinds and realize this...

Star_Cards
05-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone who uses the Republican or Democrat argument platform has no idea what they are talking about because THERE IS ZIP ZERO NADA DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO PARTIES. When will people pull their heads out of their behinds and realize this...

well said. sometimes I think the two parties want the public to bicker back and forth about who's right just to distract us from this fact that they both are doing the same thing. Sure there are typical differences of the basic ideas, but they all end up doing the same thing when in office.

ensbergcollector
05-26-2011, 11:11 AM
i'm not going to bother addressing the video because it is about as bias on one side as rush is on the other. But, unless you lived in the gulf coast at the time of katrina, please don't try and judge government assistance based on what you saw on tv and read on your political blogs.

sanfran22
05-26-2011, 12:11 PM
On some points you are correct, but you are wrong on a whole bunch of others.

MadMan1978
05-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I disagree 100% with your statement I believe there are a TON of differences Please show me how they are the same

mrveggieman
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
I think that both parties are full of crap at times but what I am mad at is these GOP and tea party fan boys who support anything that bush or any other republican canidate does no matter how retarted it is and will not support our president when he tries to do the right thing.

ensbergcollector
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I think that both parties are full of crap at times but what I am mad at is these GOP and tea party fan boys who support anything that bush or any other republican canidate does no matter how retarted it is and will not support our president when he tries to do the right thing.

kinda like all the liberal fan boys who think obama can do nothing wrong no matter how bad he messes up? It goes both ways man.

mrveggieman
05-27-2011, 11:43 AM
kinda like all the liberal fan boys who think obama can do nothing wrong no matter how bad he messes up? It goes both ways man.

I do agree with you 100%. There are positions that obama has that I do not agree with him on and I have called him out there on it. However I have never seen any of these tea party or republican clowns ever say a bad thing about one of their people.

sanfran22
05-27-2011, 12:02 PM
George Bush spending- 4trill in 8 yrs
Obama spending- 3 trill+ in 3 years
Bush- Patriot act
Obama- Patriot act extended
Bush-Guantanimo
Obama- ummm, yeah
Bush- Stimulus
Obama- Stimulus
Bush (actually congress)- war
Obama- More troops added and now dealing with libya

I could go on and on. Point is, I'm sick of hearing about "the last 8 years" when the current administration is not doing anything about it. In fact, I would argue they are substantially adding to the problem..... It's mind boggling the amout of sheeple that will not open there eyes and just take everything at face value. The things done behind the scenes are insane.

duane1969
05-28-2011, 11:38 PM
OK after reading entirely thru 4 pages I have a couple of thoughts...

1) Yes, we ended up in Iraq under GWB's watch. However, if Clinton had had the spine to deal with the Middle East issues during his 8 year tenure then there would not have been nearly the need for GWB to do so. For 8 years Clinton sat on his hands scared to death to do anything but enforce a pathetic no-fly zone. When the Iraqi army fired on our fighter jets, Clinton did nothing. When Hussein refused to allow UN inspections, Clinton did nothing.

As far as I am concerned all GWB did was man-up and do what Bill Clinton was too scared to do. If Clinton had spent more time dealing with the Middle East and less time trying to get laid by his staffers then maybe we could have avoided the war in the Middle East.

2) Perhaps Republicans in general back conservatives blindly, but so do Democrats. When is the last time you heard Barack Obama publicly called out by major shot-callers of his party? It wasn't until the Republicans took control of the House that a single Democrat would even consider talking about spending cuts and even that was after Obama himself changed boats mid-stream and started talking about cutting spending (which he has never actually done).

You want to talk the talk? Walk the walk. Don't criticize another party for doing something that your own party is too inept or unwilling to do themselves.

3) Nobody should be criticizing GWB for excessive spending when Obama has done nothing but set spending records since he got into office. The only reason that Obama is not still spending trillions on entitlement programs is because the Republicans won the House and took his checkbook away. If Dems had won the House then Obama and Co. would have already spent at least another trillion by now and would have plans for another $2-$3 trillion over the next 1.5 years with a spending maelstrom right before the election to buy votes.

pr0phet
05-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Guess what guys.. Hate to burst your bubbles but both parties are seriously flawed. It all depends on which group you think has fewer flaws.

theonedru
05-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Guess what guys.. Hate to burst your bubbles but both parties are seriously flawed. It all depends on which group you think has fewer flaws.

Both parties are equally flawed as they both are run by and consist of politicians.

Star_Cards
05-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Both parties are equally flawed as they both are run by and consist of politicians.

agreed.

*censored*
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM

Or you do what people SHOULD do and say "Screw both of you, I'm backing an independent/third party." I haven't voted for a Republican or Democrat for any major office-- president, House, Senate, governor, any of those.

mrveggieman
05-31-2011, 03:44 PM
Or you do what people SHOULD do and say "Screw both of you, I'm backing an independent/third party." I haven't voted for a Republican or Democrat for any major office-- president, House, Senate, governor, any of those.

That's a good principle in theory but a third party who is not republican/dem has not won the presidential election in ages so the way the system is set up even though a 3rd party canidate may have a lot of good ideas and may be the best person for the job he/she does not have a realistic chance of winning and by voting for them you are taking away a vote from the better of the 2 party canidates and giving a vote to the least qualified canidate.

armyatc22
05-31-2011, 03:49 PM
Overall the President is the one that gets blamed BUT all his advisers are the ones telling them what to do. We never get to hear or see the behind the scenes about the 3-8 plans that come across his desk before they rationally pick the beat one. I know I wouldn't like that job at all

limitedplay50
05-31-2011, 04:02 PM
George Bush spending- 4trill in 8 yrs
Obama spending- 3 trill+ in 3 years
Bush- Patriot act
Obama- Patriot act extended
Bush-Guantanimo
Obama- ummm, yeah
Bush- Stimulus
Obama- Stimulus
Bush (actually congress)- war
Obama- More troops added and now dealing with libya

I could go on and on. Point is, I'm sick of hearing about "the last 8 years" when the current administration is not doing anything about it. In fact, I would argue they are substantially adding to the problem..... It's mind boggling the amout of sheeple that will not open there eyes and just take everything at face value. The things done behind the scenes are insane.

Yes and you also forgot to mention the cost of the unfunded Obama care. Ohhh ya this is suppose to cut the deficit ya right. Bush's largest annual deficit was 500 billion in one single year. Obama ran over 2 trillion deficit his first year. That is a 400% increase to the annual budget deficit.
I will give Obama and the libs credit though. Oil should probably 8 thousand a barrel and we should probably in the midsts of hyperinflation.
Now they saw we have deflation except my bills keep going up and up.

*censored*
05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
That's a good principle in theory but a third party who is not republican/dem has not won the presidential election in ages so the way the system is set up even though a 3rd party canidate may have a lot of good ideas and may be the best person for the job he/she does not have a realistic chance of winning and by voting for them you are taking away a vote from the better of the 2 party canidates and giving a vote to the least qualified canidate.

The whole idea of "I'm not voting for a third party because they have no chance of winning" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Go out and vote your conscience, not the lesser of two evils. If people did that, a third party would win in a landslide.

Hilfiger1975
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
the whole idea of "i'm not voting for a third party because they have no chance of winning" is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Go out and vote your conscience, not the lesser of two evils. If people did that, a third party would win in a landslide.
+1

theonedru
05-31-2011, 07:31 PM

And as such you ignore the best candidate and relegate yourself to old party headlines, keeping the cycle of filth rolling back and forth tit for tat, never improving, never becoming more then what is. People with these ideals fear change and have no real faith in Americas future. America can become what she we once was; A strong nation, respected and as such one could hold their heads high but alas sad but true not enough Americans want what is truly best for America ... Change. And as such this nation will fall into ruin, not if but when and then when it is too late will one see the errors of their way... You think things are bad now what 20 years and see what the legacy of ignorance and fear will spew forth across this land. It was once best said that in order for change to happen you need not first protest, or complain, or march. In order to assure the road to a better life opens you simply first have to get mad, get real mad for what they are doing to you, your wife your kids, your parents, your friends, everyone you love, your future your children's future your cities/towns/states/ future. on the road to a better place anger is the first intersection to cross through.

mrveggieman
06-01-2011, 07:31 AM
And as such you ignore the best candidate and relegate yourself to old party headlines, keeping the cycle of filth rolling back and forth tit for tat, never improving, never becoming more then what is. People with these ideals fear change and have no real faith in Americas future. America can become what she we once was; A strong nation, respected and as such one could hold their heads high but alas sad but true not enough Americans want what is truly best for America ... Change. And as such this nation will fall into ruin, not if but when and then when it is too late will one see the errors of their way... You think things are bad now what 20 years and see what the legacy of ignorance and fear will spew forth across this land. It was once best said that in order for change to happen you need not first protest, or complain, or march. In order to assure the road to a better life opens you simply first have to get mad, get real mad for what they are doing to you, your wife your kids, your parents, your friends, everyone you love, your future your children's future your cities/towns/states/ future. on the road to a better place anger is the first intersection to cross through.

Ya'll have made some excellent points. It is too bad more of us don't think like that. There were a couple of 3rd party canidates that I considered over the past few elections but I decided not to go with them because they didn't have a chance. Until they get more steam and a realistic chance of winning we need every vote to defeat these tea party and GOP clowns. If/when we come up with some serious competion to the republican and dems with their politics as usual I will be glad to vote for a 3rd party canidate that I believe in that has a serious chance of winning and bringing in some much needed change to our country.

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 10:44 AM
Yes and you also forgot to mention the cost of the unfunded Obama care. Ohhh ya this is suppose to cut the deficit ya right. Bush's largest annual deficit was 500 billion in one single year. Obama ran over 2 trillion deficit his first year. That is a 400% increase to the annual budget deficit.
I will give Obama and the libs credit though. Oil should probably 8 thousand a barrel and we should probably in the midsts of hyperinflation.
Now they saw we have deflation except my bills keep going up and up.
Yeah, I didn't add all the dandy's that Obama has done himself like Obamacare, His insane appointments, The moritorium on oil drilling, The BP spill ect ect......I was just comparing the last 2 administrations for the ignorant on this board that think Bush was all the problem.

mrveggieman
06-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, I didn't add all the dandy's that Obama has done himself like Obamacare, His insane appointments, The moritorium on oil drilling, The BP spill ect ect......I was just comparing the last 2 administrations for the ignorant on this board that think Bush was all the problem.

Also let's also not forget how GWB bought us world peace, ended all wars, found a cure for every disease, ended crime, walked on water, turned water into wine, fed thousands with a loaf of bread and a few fish, and was crucified and rose from the dead. Wow you are right. What was I thinking??

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Also let's also not forget how GWB bought us world peace, ended all wars, found a cure for every disease, ended crime, walked on water, turned water into wine, fed thousands with a loaf of bread and a few fish, and was crucified and rose from the dead. Wow you are right. What was I thinking??
Apparently you weren't thinking........

mrveggieman
06-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Apparently you weren't thinking........

And neither were you on election day in 2000 and 2004.

ensbergcollector
06-01-2011, 11:59 AM
And neither were you on election day in 2000 and 2004.

2 things, obama isn't shaping up to be any better, and when you look at who bush was running against, i still think he was the better choice.

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 12:04 PM
2 things, obama isn't shaping up to be any better, and when you look at who bush was running against, i still think he was the better choice.
He was by far the better choice. He still tried to do some conservative things. He got stopped on most. He was also dealt some of the worst things in history. He did alot of things I questioned. Mostly of which were liberal things that I didn't agree with. If you hate Bush, you better hate Obama.

mrveggieman
06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
He was by far the better choice. He still tried to do some conservative things. He got stopped on most. He was also dealt some of the worst things in history. He did alot of things I questioned. Mostly of which were liberal things that I didn't agree with. If you hate Bush, you better hate Obama.

I don't hate anyone not even Bush. He's just a complete idiot and it's wrong to hate the village idiot.

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't hate anyone not even Bush. He's just a complete idiot and it's wrong to hate the village idiot.
Well then I'm sure you have probably heard that there was a village in Kenya looking for their idiot......:sign0020::party0053:

mrveggieman
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Well then I'm sure you have probably heard that there was a village in Kenya looking for their idiot......:sign0020::party0053:

Bush is from Kenya, wow I didn't know that. :sign0020:

Star_Cards
06-01-2011, 01:22 PM

wether or not you like Bush it's crazy to literally call him an idiot. He may be a laid back guy and not the smartest sounded presidents that we've had, but he was President and I don't think anyone that get to that position can be all that stupid. You have to have some smarts to fill that position in my opinion... even if you have the family pedigree that helps you.