PDA

View Full Version : Food Stamp Receipients up 39% ..

mikesilvia
05-31-2011, 03:37 PM
... since Obama took office.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm

Type in "food stamp fraud (http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=food+stamp+fraud&aq=f&aqi=g1g-c1g3&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a34f7f1872f21971&biw=1600&bih=770)" in Google and have fun reading the articles/stories. It's always fun seeing people use the food stamps debit card in my area then seeing the folks pull out their iPhone on the way to their $40,000 SUV. Oh, and they are usually over weight. :rolleyes:

Let's keep lifting that debt ceiling because there is nowhere to cut in federal spending.

Hilfiger1975
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM
... since Obama took office.
http://www.fns.usda.gov/pd/34SNAPmonthly.htm

Type in "food stamp fraud (http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&safe=off&source=hp&q=food+stamp+fraud&aq=f&aqi=g1g-c1g3&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=a34f7f1872f21971&biw=1600&bih=770)" in Google and have fun reading the articles/stories. It's always fun seeing people use the food stamps debit card in my area then seeing the folks pull out their iPhone on the way to their $40,000 SUV. Oh, and they are usually over weight. :rolleyes:

Let's keep lifting that debt ceiling because there is nowhere to cut in federal spending.
Did it also state that Obama took office while the country was in the middle of a recession that Bush started?

duane1969
05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Did it also state that Obama took office while the country was in the middle of a recession that Bush started?

Did you bother to check your facts? The recession started with about 6-8 months of Clinton's 2nd term still left.

mikesilvia
05-31-2011, 09:26 PM

Regardless who started it, there is so much fraud in the system it makes you want to throw up. Obviously, there are plenty of people that need assistance and I'm for temporary assistance. When something remain permanent there is zero incentive to help yourself.

duane1969
05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I just get tired of the liberal position that the world would be this happy place full of buterflies and lollipops if not for GWB being president. It is just so darn obvious that between sleeping with his staff, declaring Communist China to be our most favored trade partner, and doing absolutely nothing to fix Middle East issues for 8 years, Bill Clinton was obviously the greatest president ever.

I thought that welfare was always intended to be a temporary thing but for some reason in the last 10-15 years "welfare recipient" has become a career choice rather than an unfortunate situation.

shortking98
06-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Regardless who started it, there is so much fraud in the system it makes you want to throw up. Obviously, there are plenty of people that need assistance and I'm for temporary assistance. When something remain permanent there is zero incentive to help yourself.

I agree with this, you can argue how much of it is attributed to who and which party started it and go back and forth if you want but the bottom line is it's become too easy to abuse programs such as this and reform is badly needed to close the many loopholes.

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I just get tired of the liberal position that the world would be this happy place full of buterflies and lollipops if not for GWB being president. It is just so darn obvious that between sleeping with his staff, declaring Communist China to be our most favored trade partner, and doing absolutely nothing to fix Middle East issues for 8 years, Bill Clinton was obviously the greatest president ever.

I thought that welfare was always intended to be a temporary thing but for some reason in the last 10-15 years "welfare recipient" has become a career choice rather than an unfortunate situation.
Don't forget that he declared everyone should be able to own a house......That's worked out awesome.:sign0020:

mikesilvia
06-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Congress is looking at making some cuts: http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/congress-mulls-cuts-to-food-stamps-program-amid-record-number-of-recipients.html

angel0430
06-01-2011, 11:32 AM
They need to make some cuts and make this help temporary unless your are a person with dissabilities or something like that. But if you are able to work, this should be a 6 month help and the you need to get a job or face not getting any more money. But in all reality I do not see this happening because this means less votes for them.

mikesilvia
06-01-2011, 12:31 PM
They need to make some cuts and make this help temporary unless your are a person with dissabilities or something like that. But if you are able to work, this should be a 6 month help and the you need to get a job or face not getting any more money. But in all reality I do not see this happening because this means less votes for them.

Agreed.

*censored*
06-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Don't forget that he declared everyone should be able to own a house......That's worked out awesome.:sign0020:

See, I can't argue with that. They should be able to own a house. But it should be a house they can actually afford, and that's where the country screwed itself, with people buying houses they couldn't afford propped up by a variety of shady deals from the banks and mortgage industry.

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 02:25 PM
See, I can't argue with that. They should be able to own a house. But it should be a house they can actually afford, and that's where the country screwed itself, with people buying houses they couldn't afford propped up by a variety of shady deals from the banks and mortgage industry.
I can argue with it. The american dream is not gaurenteed. Some will be apartment dwellers. Also, I think alot of the shady deals can also be traced to regulation by that administration. If you didn't do it, you'd be penalized......But I do agree with you that the banks were overlending and causing alot of issues as well.

*censored*
06-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree it's not guaranteed, but no one's saying just to give everyone a house. Owning a home should be reasonably affordable and attainable for all. Granted, some will only be able to afford a 500 square foot thing, but that's life.

Hilfiger1975
06-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Did you bother to check your facts? The recession started with about 6-8 months of Clinton's 2nd term still left.
That's a whole different recession this one we are in RIGHT NOW started with Bush...not unless you want to count the recession's from the 1800's too...:winking0071:

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
That's a whole different recession this one we are in RIGHT NOW started with Bush...not unless you want to count the recession's from the 1800's too...:winking0071:
If you are going to beat him up, you have to give him credit for turning clintons recession around as well.

Hilfiger1975
06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
If you are going to beat him up, you have to give him credit for turning clintons recession around as well.
Ok, that's fair. He took us out of a recession and put us right into the worst one ever. :winking0071:

sanfran22
06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok, that's fair. He took us out of a recession and put us right into the worst one ever. :winking0071:
Not sure about worst one ever. And again, I believe MR CLinton has some responsibility as well.
At the current rate, it could be alot worse thanks to the policies being enforced currently. We'll be heading for a Depression.
So, Bush postponed clintons recession and had some seriously prosprous years. Obama has been in 3 years with things getting worse....sounds like a winner strategy to me.

*censored*
06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
The Bush-Obama recession is not the worst recession ever, just worst recession in a generation or two. I don't see anyone jumping off buildings like they were in 1929. Considering the relative prosperity of the past two generations, cry me a river. It's a bump in the road, and more than likely it's the markets undergoing a mass self-correction.

Besides, the President has so little to do with the economic direction that it's ridiculous to praise or bash them for the economic happenings of the country. Blame/praise the chairmen of the Fed.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 09:37 PM
I would agree with the fed comment, except that the President can do alot of things that can slow recovery. The fed is a whole different item that needs to be addressed (thanks woodrow).

mrveggieman
06-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Not sure about worst one ever. And again, I believe MR CLinton has some responsibility as well.
At the current rate, it could be alot worse thanks to the policies being enforced currently. We'll be heading for a Depression.
So, Bush postponed clintons recession and had some seriously prosprous years. Obama has been in 3 years with things getting worse....sounds like a winner strategy to me.

Right we had a whole lot of prosperity from 2001-2008 with 2 wars, rapid unemployment and foreclosures. Bush really took care of us.

sanfran22
06-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Right we had a whole lot of prosperity from 2001-2008 with 2 wars, rapid unemployment and foreclosures. Bush really took care of us.
You may need to go check your facts....but that won't happen I'm sure.

JordanFanatic
06-03-2011, 09:45 AM
My fiance works in basically the food stamp office, and is amazed at who can and who can't get food stamps. A person release from prison who was sentenced for rape and murder can get emergencey food stamps but a mother of 2 who works part time and goes to school can't get them at all.