PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Weiner won’t deny lewd photo is of himself

pwaldo
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110601/ts_yblog_theticket/rep-anthony-weiner-wont-deny-lewd-photo-is-of-himself

After spending days trying to brush aside reporter inquiries about a lewd photo that was sent Friday from his Twitter account, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday prompted further speculation about the incident by failing to deny that the photo was of himself.

"I didn't send the picture out," Weiner told MSNBC's Luke Russert in a televised interview.

"That's not a picture of you?"

"You know, I can't say with certitude. My system was hacked. Pictures can be manipulated. Pictures can be dropped in and inserted," Weiner replied.

In an interview later Wednesday, CNN's Wolf Blitzer suggested to the congressman that he should be able to recognize his own underwear. Weiner responded: "Photographs can be manipulated, doctored. I want to be sure we know. It certainly doesn't look familiar to me but I don't want to say with certitude to you something that I don't know to be the certain truth."

When Blitzer asked the lawmaker if he has ever taken a picture "like this" of himself, Weiner didn't provide an outright denial. "I can tell you this. There are... I have photographs. I don't know what photographs are out there in the world of me. I don't know what things have been manipulated and doctored. And we're going to try to find out what happened."

He noted Wednesday that he addressed the matter over the weekend through his office; he also grew angry and animated in a Tuesday press conference where reporters pressed him for additional details. At that gathering, reporters asked the lawmaker if the photo was of Weiner, if he followed the woman who received the message on Twitter, or knew her in any other context. Reporters also asked Weiner why he didn't call for a federal investigation--through the Capitol police or the FBI, for example.

During the videotaped exchange with reporters Weiner responded to one questioner by calling him a "™™™™™™™."

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 10:36 AM
I get him not wanting to say 100%, but also see where it's a bit weird that he can or can't confirm it is his junk... doctored or not. To me it means that he's taken at lest one photo of himself.

It's sort of an odd story that this one girl got singled out. It will be interesting to see if there is a connection between them or not. I don;t know much about the guy other from what I've seen of him when he's been on the Daily Show. He seems like one of the better politicians. Hopefully penis-gate won't throw his career off track.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Weiner is an absolute nutcase.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Weiner is an absolute nutcase.

why?

mrveggieman
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
why?

Because he's not a right-wing tea party fanatic. :winking0071:

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 02:57 PM
why?
Just do some looking into some of his stances ..... He's crazy.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Just do some looking into some of his stances ..... He's crazy.

couldn't you post some quite reason in a few sentence post. I will look at some stances and do some research but answering a question to a post with "look it up" always cracks me up.

besides maybe I won't think his stances are crazy... then I will be back to get your opinion again about why you personally think he's crazy.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
fyi... just went to a site about some of his votes...

Weiner (http://www.ontheissues.org/NY/Anthony_Weiner.htm)

I can't confirm the accuracy and haven't gown through everything.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 03:34 PM
couldn't you post some quite reason in a few sentence post. I will look at some stances and do some research but answering a question to a post with "look it up" always cracks me up.

besides maybe I won't think his stances are crazy... then I will be back to get your opinion again about why you personally think he's crazy.

I always list things, frankly I'm tired of doing it for those that don't listen. How could you know that he seems like a "better politician" if you don't know what he stands for??
That kind of stuff cracks me up as well.:confused0024:

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 04:08 PM
because I've seen him be interviewed and he's seems less than "crazy". Certainly if I were to call anyone crazy on a message board or in conversation I would list a few reasons why. Isn't that the point of a message board? to have an exchange of ideas... not to answer questions about one's personal opinion with "look it up he's crazy". As I said before some of the the things that make you call him crazy may not be reason for me or someone else to think the sam thing. That is why I asked you why you thought he was crazy.

Answering my question wasn't about doing anything for me. It was about you giving me your opinion. Unless you have a blog called something like "whysanfran22thinksanthonyweineriscrazy" I have no way to find out your opinion online.

I should have known better than to ask you why you thought he was crazy, but I thought I would give it a shot anyhow.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
because I've seen him be interviewed and he's seems less than "crazy". Certainly if I were to call anyone crazy on a message board or in conversation I would list a few reasons why. Isn't that the point of a message board? to have an exchange of ideas... not to answer questions about one's personal opinion with "look it up he's crazy". As I said before some of the the things that make you call him crazy may not be reason for me or someone else to think the sam thing. That is why I asked you why you thought he was crazy.

Answering my question wasn't about doing anything for me. It was about you giving me your opinion. Unless you have a blog called something like "whysanfran22thinksanthonyweineriscrazy" I have no way to find out your opinion online.

I should have known better than to ask you why you thought he was crazy, but I thought I would give it a shot anyhow.
Yeah, you probably should have known better. Besides the fact that he's an absolute libtard, I don't like the fact that he thinks it's ok to attack a private individual and a private company because of a grudge.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 04:14 PM
by they way... if you think he's crazy because by not denying that the picture wasn't his makes you think he actually had a picture of his junk that a hacker would be able to access... then I would agree... that's crazy.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah, you probably should have known better. Besides the fact that he's an absolute libtard, I don't like the fact that he thinks it's ok to attack a private individual and a private company because of a grudge.

gI'd ask about what person and company he attacked because of a grudge but I guess it's on the internets somewheres.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 04:21 PM
gI'd ask about what person and company he attacked because of a grudge but I guess it's on the internets somewheres.
Yeah, it is. But I saw it firsthand. It's Goldline and Glenn Beck. He didn't like what Beck was saying about him so he made up a phony issue about them. Regardless of what you think about Beck, it's wrong to outright lie and accuse with no facts. It was a smear campain all the way.

Star_Cards
06-02-2011, 04:32 PM
checked it out. I have no idea about goldline's selling prices compared to others. I guess if they are high it's no different than the ads with professional trainers that claim to only use the shake weight to get as ripped as they are in the commercials. Although I don't know if this is grounds to claim he's crazy.

sanfran22
06-02-2011, 05:04 PM
checked it out. I have no idea about goldline's selling prices compared to others. I guess if they are high it's no different than the ads with professional trainers that claim to only use the shake weight to get as ripped as they are in the commercials. Although I don't know if this is grounds to claim he's crazy.
You'd have to see the interview he did to understand. He's a bit screwy....:winking0071: