PDA

View Full Version : Game used Jersey or Autographed Jersey

Project 4
06-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Was debating about between purchasing one or the other. Not an expert in memorabilia stuff but just wanted to know which one would be more worthwhile to own?

raptorbill
06-02-2011, 04:04 PM
I would go with Game worn. Just think that player had that Jersey on in a game. An autographed Jersey is nice, but the player only touched the Jersey for a few seconds.

Project 4
06-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I would go with Game worn. Just think that player had that Jersey on in a game. An autographed Jersey is nice, but the player only touched the Jersey for a few seconds.

Thanks for the input. I know I could probably get a player's auto on the game used as well, but all I really want to do is display it for friends to see. Is the wow factor that much more if I were to tell them it was actually worn? Do you own any game used stuff that you showed off to your friends which made them envy you?

geschrocks33
06-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Game worn. You could always get it autographed down the road

cjhsv
06-02-2011, 10:29 PM
For me it's a nice authentic auto jersey. If you want that immediate wow factor then that is the way to do it. Doesn't require any explanation - and even people that don't follow that sport or player can be impressed.

I do own one game worn item and to the naked eye doesn't look that special. To me it is easily the best part of my collection but to others it doesn't really stand out.

Being in Australia I might be looking at things a bit differently as I can't just take a jersey to a game and get it signed.

iowa49erfan
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Both!

Project 4
06-03-2011, 02:20 AM
For me it's a nice authentic auto jersey. If you want that immediate wow factor then that is the way to do it. Doesn't require any explanation - and even people that don't follow that sport or player can be impressed.

I do own one game worn item and to the naked eye doesn't look that special. To me it is easily the best part of my collection but to others it doesn't really stand out.

Being in Australia I might be looking at things a bit differently as I can't just take a jersey to a game and get it signed.

That's what I was thinking. Most of my friends don't really follow football like I do so I figure I should get a framed authentic auto'd jersey for much cheaper than a game used and still get the same response.

CRJSr9
06-04-2011, 12:41 AM
game worn-a lot harder to get-plus you can get it signed yourself...

Project 4
06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
game worn-a lot harder to get-plus you can get it signed yourself...

Thanks for the input. I guess the question for me is can I afford one.

iowa49erfan
06-06-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the input. I guess the question for me is can I afford one.

Again, that's all depending on who you're looking for and where you get it from.

I've seen them go for obscene amounts of money all the way down to a couple hundred and less.