PDA

View Full Version : Need some help authenticating GU Bengals Gloves

LinkinPark4445
06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Just looking for a little advice or help from anyone. I bought a pair of gloves off ebay that were game used cedric benson...did lots of research before bidding and was able to photomatch them and asked lots of questions which were answered and the gloves are now mine and i'm sold they are legit. I talked to the seller and he told me he has a few other pairs from other guys lesser name guys and I asked for pics and was able to photomatch a two of the three. I'm just curious if anyone knows any other way to verify these are game worn or game issued to the player? Can you retail buy NFL equipment gloves that exact same kind the players use (nike vapor jet, certain rbk ones)?

The guy has season tickets and said he gets them often by the tunnel after the game with his young kids and he seems genuinely nice enough and he def is a grapher judging by his other auctions all of which seem very legit. So any advice anyone can give that would tell retail vs pro or anything? I wish these were as easy as hockey gloves which have the players name stitched in them. Thanks

LinkinPark4445
06-08-2011, 05:13 PM
bump

iowa49erfan
06-15-2011, 06:22 PM
The players hand their gloves out all of the time, so it's possible that they're legit.

Without seeing them, I'm sure you can buy the gloves retail but if you're matching everything up and his stories are staying true, then I would like to think he's being honest about what he's selling. Also, with his other auctions, that's also a fairly good indication that he's telling the truth.

If you're having any doubt whatsoever, don't buy them or overspend on them.

LinkinPark4445
06-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the help I went ahead and bought them..he gave me a good deal on them less than I told myself I would spend. Got two pairs both I was able to photomatch and I am 95% sure they are real based on every convo I had with him. That now brings the Bengals framed gloves collection to 5 players...not easy to get these for less than $100 with JOSports having the Bengals official license and their over pricing over there so I'd say so far a success on my end with how much i've spent on the collection.

iowa49erfan
06-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I know exactly how it is.

I think I have roughly 10 pairs of G/W Gloves and probably 20 others that are just autographed in my collection.

Not always easy to find cheap items that you know are legit.

LinkinPark4445
06-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Yeah football makes it tough to prove authenticity where as I have about 5 sets of Flyers game worn gloves that are real easy to authenticate cause they have the players name stitched right on them.