PDA

View Full Version : Help I dentify these autos please.... Dimaggio is obvious. lol

perezj4ys
06-14-2011, 11:37 PM
Picked this up 4 years ago and just pulled it out to really observe it.
I found out all but 2 of the autos
Joe Dimaggio
Jim Driscoll
Bill Posedel
Diego Segui
Larry Haney

There are two others I cannot figure out.
I figureed other than just two eyes looking I could post it here and see if 1000 eyes will work.
LMK
Thanks
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/perezj4ys/JoeDimaggio2.jpg

perezj4ys
06-15-2011, 10:08 PM
OK people. Here is an update thus far.
I requested help from a person who was refered to me.
Found out this guy is pretty knowledgable on it.
He was actually able to tell me a LOT more about the grouping of the autos more than the autos in question.

He actually was able to pinpoint the year which it was signed.
Apparently These autos were from when Joe Dimaggio was the Coach for the Oakland A's back in late 1989 to early 1970.
He sent me the roster in which all these players that were identified were on the roster at that time in era.
WOW
Now just to try to compare the autographes of the entire team to see which the other 2 players are.
Thoughts and Ideas are welcomed

BasherBoy
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
John, why don't I see a pic with this thread? Do others see the ball? I'm confused.

ChosenOne719
06-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Jim Driscoll is under Joe DiMaggio
Bill Posedell is the very bottom one
Diego Segui is the third from the bottom
Larry Haney is the fourth from the bottom

the other two seem to be faded or something so I cant make them out 100% so even though I have a couple ideas of who it may be Im not real certain

perezj4ys
06-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I already got those figured out. Just can't figure out the last two which is why I am posting this to see if you can figure out the 2 that are a little unreadable.

ChosenOne719
06-19-2011, 12:08 AM
I already got those figured out. Just can't figure out the last two which is why I am posting this to see if you can figure out the 2 that are a little unreadable.

oh dang I didnt even read the topic i just looked at the scan....

as for the one on the side see if you can find some autos of either vern horscheit or mike hershberger

because the pieces of whats left of the last name makes me think there may be either an sh or ch in there

perezj4ys
06-19-2011, 06:07 PM
Thanks I will do that. I will compare to their autos and see if they are it.