PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck

mrveggieman
06-29-2011, 11:34 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/glenn-beck-family-encounter-hostility-nyc-224805047.html

Star_Cards
06-29-2011, 12:24 PM
wow. I get not liking the guy for some of the things he says or believes in, but there's no need to abuse him or his family when they are out in public. Definitely not appropriate behavior and will surely be used to compare all liberals to these people's actions... which is unfair as well.

pghin08
06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Yeah, definitely not cool. The guy and his family deserve the same privacy as any one of us.

mrveggieman
06-29-2011, 01:35 PM
I actually think that Glen Beck is a clown but that it was wrong to bring his wife and daughter into it.

duane1969
06-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Where were the cops...bouncers...security? I bet if a conservative had been attacking Rachel Madow like this in NYC they would have found themselves in jail within the hour.

Rockman
06-30-2011, 12:29 AM
Where were the cops...bouncers...security? I bet if a conservative had been attacking Rachel Madow like this in NYC they would have found themselves in jail within the hour.

Just curious... What legitimate argument do you have to justify that belief?

pantherfan82
06-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Can't stand Glenn beck. Think he is an idiot. But..... He and his family didn't reserved that.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-30-2011, 12:43 AM
If the Beck Bashers would take the time to check the facts about what Glenn puts on the air they would see he is on the money . People are taking one line sentences and off the wall quotes and labeling Glenn by what they see on the Huff-po or Media Matters of course these outlets are going to twist what Glenn say he's Destroying them by facts ,and we all know the Libs. hate facts . If people only took the time to check the facts instead of making fun of Glenn they might have a different view of Glenn . The man Loves his country and is defending his country from the evil within , What more could we ask of our citizens of this country ..

gatorboymike
06-30-2011, 12:49 AM

Uh huh...know that from personal experience, do you? Or do you just have a chip on your shoulder of Sisyphean proportions?

If the Beck Bashers would take the time to check the facts about what Glenn puts on the air they would see he is on the money . People are taking one line sentences and off the wall quotes and labeling Glenn by what they see on the Huff-po or Media Matters of course these outlets are going to twist what Glenn say he's Destroying them by facts ,and we all know the Libs. hate facts . If people only took the time to check the facts instead of making fun of Glenn they might have a different view of Glenn . The man Loves his country and is defending his country from the evil within , What more could we ask of our citizens of this country ..

Pure comedy gold!

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 10:41 AM

On the money? I'm sure he does say some factual things on his show, but as for me when a guy goes on air and calls the president of the united states a racist that's pretty absurd and over the top. The fact that he cries on air is a little odd as well. I also find his over the top dramatics of so many thing to be a bit much no matter if what he says is factual or not.

I still wouldn't berate him or his family in public.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 10:42 AM

pure speculation.

pghin08
06-30-2011, 10:53 AM

Here you go:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/glenn-beck/

Before you go ahead and cry victim as most conservatives do. Just take a look around the website. They're just as critical of Dems.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 10:59 AM
I've heard of politifact.com but hadn't checked it out. looks like a pretty unbiased site from what I see so far.

sanfran22
06-30-2011, 11:06 AM
I've heard of politifact.com but hadn't checked it out. looks like a pretty unbiased site from what I see so far.
Look who runs it and you may think a bit differently.
ALso, read some of those pieces. Example, If Osama, muhammad ect had roots in the muslim brotherhood. It makes sense that they came from them. Rivals or not, how is that a half truth?
Here's another...
Mohamed Ghanem, one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, calls Egypt to stop pumping gas to Israel and prepare the Egyptian army for a war with it’s eastern neighbor.

and here's another....
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=190894

and another...

PolitiFact called it the Lie of the Year, and journalists left and right (but mostly left) dismissed the claim as hyperbole at best, and fear-mongering propaganda at worst.

But Sarah Palin's "death panel" comment may not be as off the mark as so many have claimed. Don't take her word for it. White House budget director Peter Orszag apparently agrees.

Well, Orszag didn't specifically address Palin's claim, but his description of Medicare's new Independent Payment Advisory Board tried to cast health care rationing in nice rosy terms.

and....well you get the point.

I think I'd rather look into things myself then trust politifact. I think there needs to be fact checker on politifact. Apparently it's alot of opinions on that site anyway.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
any source that is posted by anyone these days is shrugged off by a quick "look who runs the site" quote. Like I said I just started looking at the site.

I never said I trusted politifact 100% it just looks as if they don't deem things to be true or false along party lines/ideals. If someone was biased I would think they would find reason to always go against their opponent and always go with people of like views. They don't do that.

pghin08
06-30-2011, 11:26 AM
Look who runs it and you may think a bit differently.
ALso, read some of those pieces. Example, If Osama, muhammad ect had roots in the muslim brotherhood. It makes sense that they came from them. Rivals or not, how is that a half truth?
Here's another...
Mohamed Ghanem, one of the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, calls Egypt to stop pumping gas to Israel and prepare the Egyptian army for a war with itís eastern neighbor.

and here's another....
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Columnists/Article.aspx?id=190894

and another...

PolitiFact called it the Lie of the Year, and journalists left and right (but mostly left) dismissed the claim as hyperbole at best, and fear-mongering propaganda at worst.

But Sarah Palin's "death panel" comment may not be as off the mark as so many have claimed. Don't take her word for it. White House budget director Peter Orszag apparently agrees.

Well, Orszag didn't specifically address Palin's claim, but his description of Medicare's new Independent Payment Advisory Board tried to cast health care rationing in nice rosy terms.

and....well you get the point.

I think I'd rather look into things myself then trust politifact. I think there needs to be fact checker on politifact. Apparently it's alot of opinions on that site anyway.

You forced me to do this.

http://www.wilshireandwashington.com/2011/06/ww-morning-run-jon-stewart-takes-on-conservative-victimization.html?cmpid=RSS%7CBlogs%7CWilshireAnd Washington

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 11:29 AM
by they way... who runs the sites that claim politifact.com is liberal? it's all a stupid cycle of people going back and forth saying these guys are liberal and these guys are conservative so you can't trust them. It's makes my head spin and is the mentality that needs to leave especially in politics. All this does is create an environment where no progress is made.

sanfran22
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM

http://www.wilshireandwashington.com/2011/06/ww-morning-run-jon-stewart-takes-on-conservative-victimization.html?cmpid=RSS%7CBlogs%7CWilshireAnd Washington
Yeah, that says alot of nothing...thanks though.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 11:32 AM

The daily show was where I first heard about this with his little battle with FOX. FOX say's he doesn't bash liberal figure heads and when he proves that he does they say he only does it so he can pretend to not be biased to liberals. To me that's pure stupidity on FOX's part.

sanfran22
06-30-2011, 11:32 AM
by they way... who runs the sites that claim politifact.com is liberal? it's all a stupid cycle of people going back and forth saying these guys are liberal and these guys are conservative so you can't trust them. It's makes my head spin and is the mentality that needs to leave especially in politics. All this does is create an environment where no progress is made.
St pete times, look into them. All I was saying is look into things. Don't believe it because politifact or glenn beck says so. It seems to me that a few of the politifact items on beck are highly debateable at best.

pghin08
06-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that says alot of nothing...thanks though.

No it doesn't. He pinpointed the whole "fox news conservative culture" in the span of a couple sentences. If a conservative doesn't like what someone in the media has to say, then it's just the "liberal media" at it again.

My best friend is a classic conservative, and he and I have discussions on this all the time. He rails against Fox News, and has been saying things like what Jon Stewart said for years now. Republicans just used to be Republicans. Now they cast themselves as the underdogs; the ones that all the others are out to get, and it's just not the case. It's positively ridiculous.

sanfran22
06-30-2011, 11:57 AM
No it doesn't. He pinpointed the whole "fox news conservative culture" in the span of a couple sentences. If a conservative doesn't like what someone in the media has to say, then it's just the "liberal media" at it again.

My best friend is a classic conservative, and he and I have discussions on this all the time. He rails against Fox News, and has been saying things like what Jon Stewart said for years now. Republicans just used to be Republicans. Now they cast themselves as the underdogs; the ones that all the others are out to get, and it's just not the case. It's positively ridiculous.
Well the issue I have is that journalism is no longer journalism. It has the spin on it of who's reporting. There is absolutely a liberal bias in the media.
Truth of the matter is that this country is still more conservative than it is liberal. I believe fox news was created due to the msm and the hijacking of the education system.
Not sure why anyone would debate that they have conservative leanings. But I believe it's in response to all of that. I think you need to watch the same story reported by both NBC and FOX. The differences are crazy what is left out and added.
One example, I believe it was NBC that interviewed the President and asked about his golf game and his dog. No to the point questions about what he's doing and what's going on.
They interviewed Palin and Bachmann in a whole different tone.

Being a conservative has a whole different tone then it did awhile ago. It is generally frowned upon in education, media, unions ect. You can't tell me that they are not treated differently then their counterparts.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 11:58 AM

I thought Stew Beef's quote was pretty much right on. It drives me nuts when large groups try to pull victim cards no matter their political affiliation.

pghin08
06-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Well the issue I have is that journalism is no longer journalism. It has the spin on it of who's reporting. There is absolutely a liberal bias in the media.
Truth of the matter is that this country is still more conservative than it is liberal. I believe fox news was created due to the msm and the hijacking of the education system.
Not sure why anyone would debate that they have conservative leanings. But I believe it's in response to all of that. I think you need to watch the same story reported by both NBC and FOX. The differences are crazy what is left out and added.
One example, I believe it was NBC that interviewed the President and asked about his golf game and his dog. No to the point questions about what he's doing and what's going on.
They interviewed Palin and Bachmann in a whole different tone.

Being a conservative has a whole different tone then it did awhile ago. It is generally frowned upon in education, media, unions ect. You can't tell me that they are not treated differently then their counterparts.

You and I can pretty much agree on this. I watch a lot of Fox News, actually. Mostly so I have a leg to stand on in arguments like this (I've started watching MSNBC for the same reason--they appear to be turning into a liberal rebuttal to Fox).

Here's where you and I disagree though. You are dead on with your assessment of this country being more conservative than liberal. However, your argument for liberal bias in the media would then be rendered nonsensical. Like you said, journalism is no longer journalism. The media's main goal is to make money, which they do by having the most viewers/readers. If we live in a conservative country, then it would actually behoove the media to have more of a conservative bias than a liberal one, because that's what the viewers want to read/watch.

As to whether or not conservatives are treated differently, I think a lot of that depends on your surroundings. I'm not sure where you're from, but if you're from "san fran", then you're probably right, conservatives would be treated poorly in a liberal bastion like San Francisco. I'm from suburban Pittsburgh, which I can tell you is quickly turning from a liberal stalwart to a bit of a conservative one. I have many good friends who are conservatives, and they don't feel trampled upon or looked down on in the slightest. But like I said, if you're from a liberal area, I'm sure your more likely to feel that way. If I were from Nowhere, Alabama, I'd probably be looked down on.

INTIMADATOR2007
06-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Did ya'll see on MSNBC"s Morning Joe what Mr. Halprin from Time Mag. thinks of Obama.Called Him a d&%*, You will not here something like that on Fox News , But when it comes from the Left leaning cabel News channel it will go unreported . Had it been Fox it would have been major headlines ..The good thing is maybe a few on the left are getting there heads out of Obama's....... Well you get the point ....

pghin08
06-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Did ya'll see on MSNBC"s Morning Joe what Mr. Halprin from Time Mag. thinks of Obama.Called Him a d&%*, You will not here something like that on Fox News , But when it comes from the Left leaning cabel News channel it will go unreported . Had it been Fox it would have been major headlines ..The good thing is maybe a few on the left are getting there heads out of Obama's....... Well you get the point ....

That's gone unreported? Are you joking? That's ALL I've heard about all day here at work and on my daily news cycle. And he was suspended for it.

sanfran22
06-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Lol, I just heard it. I think it may be that they don't think he's ramming enough down our throats. I wish it were because they saw him for waht he was, but I doubt it.

Star_Cards
06-30-2011, 05:25 PM

I just saw the story on the Yahoo home page. The news is out there... at least where I look.

Aikman_TheGreat
07-02-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm conservative, and I think a little of what Beck says is correct, even though I think he he is a borderline radical, but dont bring his family into it.