PDA

View Full Version : Republican Canidates LOLZ quote thread

redsoxx11
07-04-2011, 12:45 AM
Lets start this one off right ...

"God will come and heal the land and bring “a new day to the country,” presidential candidate Michele Bachmann told a congregation at an evangelical Christian church in Waukee, Iowa, Sunday morning."

- Michelle Bachman

ensbergcollector
07-04-2011, 01:09 AM
that is worthy of a LOL?

gatorboymike
07-04-2011, 01:17 AM
that is worthy of a LOL?

It's LOL-worthy that someone is campaigning for the presidency on the "I'm just going to sit back and let God do everything for me" ticket. That's especially funny if you're an atheist.

ensbergcollector
07-04-2011, 01:42 AM
It's LOL-worthy that someone is campaigning for the presidency on the "I'm just going to sit back and let God do everything for me" ticket. That's especially funny if you're an atheist.

what is funny is the people who insist on making things up. If I say, "one day something great is going to happen to me" I did not say "I am going to sit around and do nothing until something great happens to me." Just because someone of faith says God is going to do something, in no way equals they are just going to sit around and wait for it to happen. I won't even say that is an atheist issue because the few other atheists I know would never make that leap.

redsoxx11
07-04-2011, 02:39 AM
What's funny, as an Athiest :) is that we know what she means.. IE "Obama isn't a christian and we christians are going to take back America".. I say no thanks to Christian Taliban !!!

andrewhoya
07-04-2011, 08:22 AM
what is funny is the people who insist on making things up. If i say, "one day something great is going to happen to me" i did not say "i am going to sit around and do nothing until something great happens to me." just because someone of faith says god is going to do something, in no way equals they are just going to sit around and wait for it to happen. I won't even say that is an atheist issue because the few other atheists i know would never make that leap.

+1

andrewhoya
07-04-2011, 08:24 AM

I for one do not see anywhere in that quote that says "I am going to sit back".

People do things and God rewards them. People are rarely rewarded by just sitting back and doing nothing.

redsoxx11
07-04-2011, 10:13 AM
And here is the just the first logical phallicy in your argument

"People do things and God rewards them"

andrewhoya
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM

For those who are religious, yes, this is the case.

duane1969
07-04-2011, 10:45 AM
What's funny, as an Athiest :) is that we know what she means.. IE "Obama isn't a christian and we christians are going to take back America".. I say no thanks to Christian Taliban !!!

Nice blend of two entirely different religious groups. That is like saying Open-Minded Athiest. They just don't mix.

andrewhoya
07-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Nice blend of two entirely different religious groups. That is like saying Open-Minded Athiest. They just don't mix.

Haha!

gatorboymike
07-04-2011, 02:07 PM
It's always amusing to hear people who proclaim to be intimately and incomprehensibly connected to an infinite and perfect source of wisdom and goodness that the rest of us are just too small, stupid and scummy to get anywhere near, people who have absolute, total and unwavering blind faith that they're absolutely right about absolutely everything absolutely all of the time, and who refuse to admit even the tiniest possibility of their ever being wrong in any part, in any way, about any thing, for any reason, under any circumstances, at any time, complain about anyone ELSE being close-minded.

And oh yes, "God is going to do X for us" absolutely does mean "We can sit back and do nothing and let X happen all by itself." No, we don't need to spend a single dollar or a single minute of manpower trying to fix anything that's wrong in the country, because magickal supernatural forces that agree with out political agenda and hate the same people we hate are going to fix it all for us if we just ask them nicely enough.

tutall
07-04-2011, 02:17 PM
It's always amusing to hear people who proclaim to be intimately and incomprehensibly connected to an infinite and perfect source of wisdom and goodness that the rest of us are just too small, stupid and scummy to get anywhere near, people who have absolute, total and unwavering blind faith that they're absolutely right about absolutely everything absolutely all of the time, and who refuse to admit even the tiniest possibility of their ever being wrong in any part, in any way, about any thing, for any reason, under any circumstances, at any time, complain about anyone ELSE being close-minded.

And oh yes, "God is going to do X for us" absolutely does mean "We can sit back and do nothing and let X happen all by itself." No, we don't need to spend a single dollar or a single minute of manpower trying to fix anything that's wrong in the country, because magickal supernatural forces that agree with out political agenda and hate the same people we hate are going to fix it all for us if we just ask them nicely enough.

we get it dude... you dont believe and dont respect anyone that does... You think anyone that does is an idiot because we believe in something that does not physically exist and cannot be proven by science... Christians have done things to you in the past that has made you hate them and even though no one on here has done a single thing to you you refuse to listen to opinions of others and continue to spew hate....

can we close the thread now?

OnePimpTiger
07-04-2011, 06:08 PM

I think you mean fallacy...at least I don't think you meant "having phallus-like qualities." Talk about a Freudian slip!

On the topic: Gotta love the tolerance, mocking someone's spiritual beliefs as a "LOLZ." So much narrow-mindedness in the world, no wonder we can't get along.

And I'm upset that you made me use the term "LOLZ."

redsoxx11
07-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I think you mean fallacy...at least I don't think you meant "having phallus-like qualities." Talk about a Freudian slip!

On the topic: Gotta love the tolerance, mocking someone's spiritual beliefs as a "LOLZ." So much narrow-mindedness in the world, no wonder we can't get along.

And I'm upset that you made me use the term "LOLZ."

When Bachmans religious faith may interfear with my life liberty and pesuit of happiness the only option is to be intolerant, i refuse to live in a theocracy

redsoxx11
07-04-2011, 07:08 PM

Bit under staffed in the critical thinking departmemt? Try thinking out side the box a little, obviously there isnt a literal christian taliban but fundy xstains would have no problem instituing the christian fundementalist version of sharia law here in the U.S. Hence then combination of the 2 groups. I cant believe i had to explain that to you. Let me know if you need any lessons on how magnets work next.

mrveggieman
07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Bit under staffed in the critical thinking departmemt? Try thinking out side the box a little, obviously there isnt a literal christian taliban but fundy xstains would have no problem instituing the christian fundementalist version of sharia law here in the U.S. Hence then combination of the 2 groups. I cant believe i had to explain that to you. Let me know if you need any lessons on how magnets work next.

+1
Yes I believe in God but I would hate to live in a fundementalist religious state that dosen't accept religious deversity. My God aren't these same people who want a christian taliban here the same people who are in support of an illegal war in Iraq so they can have religious freedom? I guess that the only want religious freedom for those who follow religion they believe in. :whistle:

OnePimpTiger
07-04-2011, 08:56 PM
When Bachmans religious faith may interfear with my life liberty and pesuit of happiness the only option is to be intolerant, i refuse to live in a theocracy

Cuz we're teetering on the edge, right?

Out of curiosity: How would her faith interfere with your life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness?

tutall
07-04-2011, 11:17 PM

You have got to be kidding me... we are far far from a christian state. What part of it has you caught up? The gay rights? The abortion? I mean... other than a few christian thoughts most laws that are made have nothing to do with religion at all. It isnt like they are asking you to stop what you are doing and bow and pray 3 times a day... Honestly.. what would interfere anything in your life if bachman wins?

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 08:31 AM
You have got to be kidding me... we are far far from a christian state. What part of it has you caught up? The gay rights? The abortion? I mean... other than a few christian thoughts most laws that are made have nothing to do with religion at all. It isnt like they are asking you to stop what you are doing and bow and pray 3 times a day... Honestly.. what would interfere anything in your life if bachman wins?

Wow, well said!

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Wow, well said!

LOL, what did he say so well... other then the obvious, that there isn't a fundementalist christian running things right now. There are examples all over the U.S where fundementalist religious groups/persons have been voted into some sort of offical capacity and procede to force biblical christian doctrine into policy making.

duane1969
07-05-2011, 10:24 AM

OK, enough about you, let's get back on track.

Seriously bud, of all the people to come on her criticizing others for having a "know-it-all" attitude, being condescending or acting like others are less intelligent than them, it shouldn't be you.

LOL, what did he say so well... other then the obvious, that there isn't a fundementalist christian running things right now. There are examples all over the U.S where fundementalist religious groups/persons have been voted into some sort of offical capacity and procede to force biblical christian doctrine into policy making.

Please provide these examples. Here in the P&R forum we try to back up generalized statements with some fact. I am unaware of anyone in the country forcing religion down anyone else's throat. In fact, last time I looked around, we have had true freedom of religion for a good while now. Please provide some supporting documentation concerning Christians forcing others to be Christians.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Seriously bud, of all the people to come on her criticizing others for having a "know-it-all" attitude, being condescending or acting like others are less intelligent than them, it shouldn't be you.

Please provide these examples. Here in the P&R forum we try to back up generalized statements with some fact.

I doubt that

I am unaware of anyone in the country forcing religion down anyone else's throat. In fact, last time I looked around, we have had true freedom of religion for a good while now. Please provide some supporting documentation concerning Christians forcing others to be Christians.

1. I did not say anyone was forced to be christian, but good job of trying to extrapolate that from that I said, then frame it out of context.
All you need to do is look at the new Anti-abortion laws in KY, it's christian fundementalim gone over the edge.

2. Trying to teach creationism in Science class rather then in theology or social studies

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 10:43 AM

Please provide these examples. Here in the P&R forum we try to back up generalized statements with some fact. I am unaware of anyone in the country forcing religion down anyone else's throat. In fact, last time I looked around, we have had true freedom of religion for a good while now. Please provide some supporting documentation concerning Christians forcing others to be Christians.

If we truley had religious freedom then why are most right leaning people making a bunch of noise about the preisdent being a muslim? Let's assume for the sake of argument that he is. He has a legal right to do so per the first amendment. So what is the problem and why do you want to take away his first amendment right from him? They talk about wanting a smaller gov't with less interference but then they want to take away one of the core freedoms that this country was founded on. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 10:52 AM
If we truley had religious freedom then why are most right leaning people making a bunch of noise about the preisdent being a muslim? Let's assume for the sake of argument that he is. He has a legal right to do so per the first amendment. So what is the problem and why do you want to take away his first amendment right from him? They talk about wanting a smaller gov't with less interference but then they want to take away one of the core freedoms that this country was founded on. The devil does indeed speak with a split tounge.

Nobody forced him to throw away his Muslim beliefs, did they? Then it seems to me that we all have religious freedom.

The right to bear arms; people make a ton of noise about that, but we can still have them, can't we?

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Nobody forced him to throw away his Muslim beliefs, did they? Then it seems to me that we all have religious freedom.

The right to bear arms; people make a ton of noise about that, but we can still have them, can't we?

No one forced him to throw anything away but if we had true religious freedom his religious preference would be a non factor.

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
No one forced him to throw anything away but if we had true religious freedom his religious preference would be a non factor.

When I think of religious freedom, I think of "being able to worship what I choose and when I want to". Isn't that was Obama is able to do?

There is ALWAYS going to be someone or some people who are against something. But does that really mean we don't have freedom to do it?

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 11:33 AM
When I think of religious freedom, I think of "being able to worship what I choose and when I want to". Isn't that was Obama is able to do?

There is ALWAYS going to be someone or some people who are against something. But does that really mean we don't have freedom to do it?

Yes he technically has the freedom of religion but if he came out and said that he is a muslim that would be political suicide for him. That would be just like him comming out and saying that he is gay. My point is yes the law may say freedom of religion but there are a certian fringe group of people that want to restrict if not take away that right all together.

tutall
07-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes he technically has the freedom of religion but if he came out and said that he is a muslim that would be political suicide for him. That would be just like him comming out and saying that he is gay. My point is yes the law may say freedom of religion but there are a certian fringe group of people that want to restrict if not take away that right all together.

You aren't describing anything about religious freedom. Just like he is allowed to practice anything he wants I have the right to disagree with him. Ifi want to vote him out because he is a Muslim I can. I can also vote him out because he has dogs, has a red coffee cup, or thinks its Washington instead of warshington. It has nothing to do with religious freedom. That would Bethesda govt shutting down a mosque for practicing Islam which to my knowledge doesn't happen that often

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 02:08 PM
You aren't describing anything about religious freedom. Just like he is allowed to practice anything he wants I have the right to disagree with him. Ifi want to vote him out because he is a Muslim I can. I can also vote him out because he has dogs, has a red coffee cup, or thinks its Washington instead of warshington. It has nothing to do with religious freedom. That would Bethesda govt shutting down a mosque for practicing Islam which to my knowledge doesn't happen that often

Yes you as a citizen do have to right to vote for anyone for any reason even though it may not be the best reason it is still your reason. However some politicans such as Herman Cain and Michelle Bachman would like to restrict the rights of US citizens because they do not practice the religion of the majority and that is totally unamerican and goes against what this country was estabished upon.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I bet if a Muslim tried to not get scanned at the Airport and leave some in this forum would be up in arms as to why he wasn't water borded in the 1st class lounge and sent directly to GITMO on the first thing smoking.

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I bet if a Muslim tried to not get scanned at the Airport and leave some in this forum would be up in arms as to why he wasn't water borded in the 1st class lounge and sent directly to GITMO on the first thing smoking.

I cannot understand this run-on of a sentence.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I cannot understand this run-on of a sentence.

I bet you do, but you just wanted to play grammer cop.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I bet, if a Muslim tried to not get scanned at the Airport,then leave. Some in this forum, would be up in arms as to why he wasn't water borded in the 1st class lounge, and sent directly to GITMO on the first thing smoking.

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
I bet you do, but you just wanted to play grammer cop.

I 100% honestly have no idea what you were trying to say. I get the first part of the sentence (which I dont agree with), but the rest is a blur.

Star_Cards
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM

I'm an atheist and I am very open minded.

gatorboymike
07-05-2011, 06:48 PM
I'm an atheist and I am very open minded.

For people like him, "open-minded" means being as much of an ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist as he is.

And if the "open-minded" Christians feel perfectly justified in not voting for Obama because they think he's a Muslim, they have no grounds to attack atheists for not voting for Bachmann because she's an ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist.

andrewhoya
07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
And if the "open-minded" Christians feel perfectly justified in not voting for Obama because they think he's a Muslim

I cannot think of anyone in their right mind who would not vote for someone because of their religion.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
I cannot think of anyone in their right mind who would not vote for someone because of their religion.

I can they are called dittoheads/freepers/ and what ever beck followers call themselves these days...Oh wait I know Cancelled :party0053:

gatorboymike
07-05-2011, 07:04 PM

Tell that to the Tea Partiers and conservative Christians out there saying "This is a Christian nation, and Obama can't be president because he's a Muslim."

tutall
07-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Tell that to the Tea Partiers and conservative Christians out there saying "This is a Christian nation, and Obama can't be president because he's a Muslim."

The problem is that is their right to think that way... If someone gets voted in who thinks that way they obviously got more votes or are a better cheater than the other person... Just like Obama is in right now... people dont agree with him but at voting time more people thought he was right for the job than anyone else who was running so he wins. If i want to read bible verses at rallys and claim to heal people by the grace of god... If I win an election obviously more than half the people (that voted) would say I am best for the job.... I know that whole thing didnt make a whole lot of sense but I have a headache and will come back later to clear it up when I dont...

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 08:40 PM
For people like him, "open-minded" means being as much of an ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist as he is.

And if the "open-minded" Christians feel perfectly justified in not voting for Obama because they think he's a Muslim, they have no grounds to attack atheists for not voting for Bachmann because she's an ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist.

I'm not even an atheist but I want to give a +1 and an amen to my main man Gatorboymike. :love0030:

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm not even an atheist but I want to give a +1 and an amen to my main man Gatorboymike. :love0030:

And at least we know 1 of those descriptions is true.. see post #1 :boxing:

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:33 AM
I can they are called dittoheads/freepers/ and what ever beck followers call themselves these days...Oh wait I know Cancelled :party0053:

So you would vote for someone who is devoutly religious? Or is that just a double-standard that you hoped would be overlooked?

If someone votes for a person based on religion it is no more of a dittohead/freeper move than not voting for someone because of religion.

mrveggieman
07-06-2011, 11:43 AM
So you would vote for someone who is devoutly religious? Or is that just a double-standard that you hoped would be overlooked?

If someone votes for a person based on religion it is no more of a dittohead/freeper move than not voting for someone because of religion.

As far as me personally I would not let a canidates religion or lack of one determine who I am voting for. A canidate could have the same religious views as I but could still be a complete jerk. When I vote I am more concerned with the real issues not how they worship God in the privacy and comfort of their own chosen house or worship.

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:45 AM

You know Mike, I have been in the PR forum for quite a while and have noticed a pattern with you. You never miss a chance to attack Christians, Christianity or to label someone a Christian and then attack them based on your assigned label. In contrast, you never, ever attack Judaism or Islam or Hinduism, just Christianity.

A few definitions for you from Webster's..

Atheist: one who believes that there is no deity.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

Atheism is not about attacking Christians or any other specific religious group, it is a belief that there is no deity. Attacking a specific religious group solely based on their religion is not atheism, it is bigotry.

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:49 AM
As far as me personally I would not let a canidates religion or lack of one determine who I am voting for. A canidate could have the same religious views as I but could still be a complete jerk. When I vote I am more concerned with the real issues not how they worship God in the privacy and comfort of their own chosen house or worshil.

+1

Religion is the last thing on my mind when I vote for someone. I could care less what god they pray to (if they pray at all) as long as they can do the job well. I am fine with whatever personal religious choices they make if they can balance the budget, reduce the deficit, bring home the troops, lower taxes and fix the economy.

mrveggieman
07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
+1

Religion is the last thing on my mind when I vote for someone. I could care less what god they pray to (if they pray at all) as long as they can do the job well. I am fine with whatever personal religious choices they make if they can balance the budget, reduce the deficit, bring home the troops, lower taxes and fix the economy.

Isn't that what we all want regardless of the political party?

duane1969
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Isn't that what we all want regardless of the political party?

Not all of us. There are many who clearly place religous beliefs above all else.

My parents are both in their late 70's and are as old-school as it gets and would never vote for someone who publicly proclaimed being an atheist or Muslim.

By the same measure, there are people like gatorboymike and redsoxx11 who would not vote for someone who proudly professed their religious beliefs (I digress, GBM would vote for them as long as they are not Christian).

Backwards thinking is everywhere.

gatorboymike
07-06-2011, 01:15 PM
You know Mike, I have been in the PR forum for quite a while and have noticed a pattern with you. You never miss a chance to attack Christians, Christianity or to label someone a Christian and then attack them based on your assigned label. In contrast, you never, ever attack Judaism or Islam or Hinduism, just Christianity.

Well then you haven't been paying attention because I've attacked Islam too. But you see, there's a very good reason I attack Christianity the most: because I live in the USA, and Christianity has every bit as much of a noxious and nightmarish deathgrip on the USA as Islam has on places like Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Atheism is not about attacking Christians or any other specific religious group, it is a belief that there is no deity. Attacking a specific religious group solely based on their religion is not atheism, it is bigotry.

So you want me to own up to being a bigot? Sure, I'll admit that. Now you admit it too. You say you wouldn't vote for somebody based solely on their religion? I don't believe you. That's the only thing most conservative Christians care about.

duane1969
07-06-2011, 01:37 PM
So you want me to own up to being a bigot? Sure, I'll admit that. Now you admit it too. You say you wouldn't vote for somebody based solely on their religion? I don't believe you. That's the only thing most conservative Christians care about.

Where do you get that I am a conservative Christian? Just because I know religion doesn't make me a practitioner. I know the names of 20 different Jui Jitsu moves but that doesn't make me a black belt.

I have said this on here several times but the label that you have attached to me has apparently blinded you when reading those parts. I am agnostic.

Star_Cards
07-06-2011, 01:55 PM

A few definitions for you from Webster's..

Atheist: one who believes that there is no deity.

Bigot: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially: one who regards or treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance.

I think the "attacks on christianity" come because it's a defense of people wanting to use christian ideals to define legislation or simply what is considered right or wrong. I'm sure that if there were jews, muslims, or any other religious factions on SCF trying to use their religious values to define how every U.S. citizen should live or what laws should be created the atheists would be just as active in those threads. For me it's not about the specific religious view, it's about if they are using their religious views to make standards and laws that they want everyone to follow, even if they are not of the same opinion of religious views.

Christianity just happens to be the majority religion that wants to speak about their religious views and tries to create laws with them in mind.

Tivo32
07-06-2011, 03:33 PM
This is addressed to gatorboymike:

First and foremost, I want to apologize on behalf of whoever or whomevers offended you so greatly and they called themselves Christians. It is very clear to me from your posts that somewhere along the lines there was great pain caused to you by someone calling themselves a Christian.

But I want to say this, you are very personally offensive to me. Maybe I should have thicker skin but I've just started reading in this subforum and all I see is you continually make comments that are gross generalizations and grossly offensive.

To say that Christianity has a deathgrip on America is absurd. You can hate Christians all you want but there are plenty of churches and pastors who love this country and love people and are doing incredible things. Don't believe me? PM me and I'll give you statistical proof if you'd like it.

And in another thread you said that their is no difference between a bigot and a pastor. I know you were saying that partly tongue in cheek but as a 23 year old kid who just graduated Bible college and has dreamed of being a pastor and starting a church that helps the community it is in, this is extremely offensive. That's all I really have to say. I hope you have a good day.

redsoxx11
07-06-2011, 04:37 PM
This is addressed to gatorboymike:

First and foremost, I want to apologize on behalf of whoever or whomevers offended you so greatly and they called themselves Christians. It is very clear to me from your posts that somewhere along the lines there was great pain caused to you by someone calling themselves a Christian.

But I want to say this, you are very personally offensive to me. Maybe I should have thicker skin but I've just started reading in this subforum and all I see is you continually make comments that are gross generalizations and grossly offensive.

To say that Christianity has a deathgrip on America is absurd. You can hate Christians all you want but there are plenty of churches and pastors who love this country and love people and are doing incredible things. Don't believe me? PM me and I'll give you statistical proof if you'd like it.

And in another thread you said that their is no difference between a bigot and a pastor. I know you were saying that partly tongue in cheek but as a 23 year old kid who just graduated Bible college and has dreamed of being a pastor and starting a church that helps the community it is in, this is extremely offensive. That's all I really have to say. I hope you have a good day.

I hope you find this is equally offensive

"That is like saying Open-Minded Athiest. They just don't mix"
- forum mod

mrveggieman
07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
You know I can feel both sides of the fence. There are christians who did me wrong. Just like there are blacks who did me wrong (I am black btw), whites who did me wrong, hispanics, asians, republicans, democrats, etc. I do try my best not to judge the whole group by the actions of a few. @Tivo32 I can see that you don't appreciate some of what our good friend GBM has said. Why don't you turn what he said into a positive and give your blood sweat and tears into helping your community and your brothers and sisters and showing that there are still some positive christians out there. Also it would be nice to see some republicans prove me wrong and do something constructive to help our country out instead of playing politics as usual and catering to the lowest element in our society but I won't hold my breath waiting.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-06-2011, 05:04 PM
You know I can feel both sides of the fence. There are christians who did me wrong. Just like there are blacks who did me wrong (I am black btw), whites who did me wrong, hispanics, asians, republicans, democrats, etc. I do try my best not to judge the whole group by the actions of a few. @Tivo32 I can see that you don't appreciate some of what our good friend GBM has said. Why don't you turn what he said into a positive and give your blood sweat and tears into helping your community and your brothers and sisters and showing that there are still some positive christians out there. Also it would be nice to see some republicans prove me wrong and do something constructive to help our country out instead of playing politics as usual and catering to the lowest element in our society but I won't hold my breath waiting.

"catering to the lowest element in our society but I won't hold my breath waiting. "

And just what/who is the lowest element of our society ?
And why do democrats always resort to name calling ?

Tivo32
07-06-2011, 05:25 PM

- forum mod

I would think that comment would be more offensive to an Atheist. Just like I'm sure you weren't offended by what offended me. Have I met open minded Athiests, yes I have.

Tivo32
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM

I think there is a better way to discuss and air our differences rather than resorting to offending people.

And I will absolutely turn what he said into a positive, thank you my friend.

Tivo32
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
My whole point in posting the few times I have is because it seems like these types of threads never produce anything beneficial. I don't think anyone walks away from their keyboard after posting in here feeling good about anything. If that's the case what's the point of it?

redsoxx11
07-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Wow. I don't even know what to say to that.

I normally dont watch NASCAR, but I have to say, it's a good thing there aren't too many people here in the politics forum, or else you'd be on half the site's ignore list.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

TheTGB
07-06-2011, 07:26 PM
When religious ideals get in the way of politics, that is not someone who will be getting my vote. Your politics should be based on what is best for the nation and considering this nation has no national religion and always talks about the ideas of separation of church and state, it really shouldn't have any reason to be brought up.

I understand the use of God Bless and phrases like that. However, a specific God is never mentioned, just like the Declaration of Independence just states "God" (this is just a historical document by the way, it holds no value when it comes to law). Some Republicans and other religious people in this country take it upon themselves to believe that it is their God and claim the US is a Christian nation. I'm happy that the founding fathers of this country were mostly Deists, it paved the way for religious freedom.

habsheaven
07-06-2011, 07:36 PM
When religious ideals get in the way of politics, that is not someone who will be getting my vote. Your politics should be based on what is best for the nation and considering this nation has no national religion and always talks about the ideas of separation of church and state, it really shouldn't have any reason to be brought up.

I understand the use of God Bless and phrases like that. However, a specific God is never mentioned, just like the Declaration of Independence just states "God" (this is just a historical document by the way, it holds no value when it comes to law). Some Republicans and other religious people in this country take it upon themselves to believe that it is their God and claim the US is a Christian nation. I'm happy that the founding fathers of this country were mostly Deists, it paved the way for religious freedom.

The unfortunate truth is any presidential candidate that does not publicly profess their FAITH in God will never get elected. He/She could be the most qualified candidate in history and if there is any doubt about his/her faith, despite the "separation of Church and State", they wouldn't get 20% of the vote. And that is very sad indeed.

gatorboymike
07-06-2011, 09:52 PM
The unfortunate truth is any presidential candidate that does not publicly profess their FAITH in God will never get elected. He/She could be the most qualified candidate in history and if there is any doubt about his/her faith, despite the "separation of Church and State", they wouldn't get 20% of the vote. And that is very sad indeed.

Also several states (mostly Bible-belt, ex-Confederate states, surprise surprise) have explicit constitutional prohibitions against allowing nonbelievers to hold public office. Nevermind the fact that this violates both the Sixth Article and the First Amendment of the US Constitution. It would still require a tedious and expensive legal battle to bring down each of them, with right-wing conservative Christians fighting like starving attack dogs to keep them in place.

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:55 PM

- forum mod

Thanks for taking that out of context and trying to milk some sympathy out of it.

Considering you and gatorboymike are the two most prominent athiest on here and both of you take the position that anyone who disagrees with you is an uneducated redneck racist radical Christian, the generalization (at least for you two) seems to be pretty fair.

Both of you have been closed-minded to any opinion but your own and both of you outright attack anyone who disagrees with you using insults, name-calling and accusations of low intellect to defend your position. There is nothing open-minded about the way you have carried yourself in the P&R section.

You refuse to include any links that back up your outlandish claims and then without request (or purpose) you provide a link to a painting of Jesus that starts out with misspelled words and uses foul language (in violation of site rules).

Please explain how open-minded you have been in the last two days since you started coming in the P&R section. Please show me some quotes from the last 48 hours that display how open to other opinions or positions you have been.

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Also several states (mostly Bible-belt, ex-Confederate states, surprise surprise) have explicit constitutional prohibitions against allowing nonbelievers to hold public office. Nevermind the fact that this violates both the Sixth Article and the First Amendment of the US Constitution. It would still require a tedious and expensive legal battle to bring down each of them, with right-wing conservative Christians fighting like starving attack dogs to keep them in place.

Please provide documentation. I am unaware of any laws requiring religious participation for election.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks for taking that out of context and trying to milk some sympathy out of it.

Considering you and gatorboymike are the two most prominent athiest on here and both of you take the position that anyone who disagrees with you is an uneducated redneck racist radical Christian, the generalization (at least for you two) seems to be pretty fair.

Both of you have been closed-minded to any opinion but your own and both of you outright attack anyone who disagrees with you using insults, name-calling and accusations of low intellect to defend your position. There is nothing open-minded about the way you have carried yourself in the P&R section.

You refuse to include any links that back up your outlandish claims and then without request (or purpose) you provide a link to a painting of Jesus that starts out with misspelled words and uses foul language (in violation of site rules).

Please explain how open-minded you have been in the last two days since you started coming in the P&R section. Please show me some quotes from the last 48 hours that display how open to other opinions or positions you have been.

1.) Links have been provided, in fact it's some of your GOP BFF's on here that actually try to have other people do there research for them.

2.) None of my claims are in the least bit outlandish

3.) http://www.mcnaughtonart.com/artwork/view_zoom/?artpiece_id=353

3.5) STILL JUST AS FUNNY

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Constitution Of The State Of Arkansas Of 1874.
Article 19. Miscellaneous Provisions. § 1. Atheists disqualified from holding office or testifying as witness.
No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court.[2]

Article 37 of the Declaration of Rights of the Maryland Constitution That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution.[3]

Mississippi State Constitution. No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state.[5]

North Carolina State Constitution, Article VI, Section 8:
Sec. 8. Disqualifications for office. The following persons shall be disqualified for office:
First, any person who shall deny the being of Almighty God.[6]

The Tennessee Constitution, Article IX, Section 2 No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state.[10]

The Texas Constitution, Article I, Section 4: No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being.[11]

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 12:26 AM
http://rockbeyondbelief.com/2011/01/05/smoking-gun-proves-mandatory-army-spiritual-fitness-test-is-religious-test-unconstitutional/

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Please provide documentation. I am unaware of any laws requiring religious participation for election.

He is right, although they are clearly unconstitutional, and nobody serious will assert that they are actually effective. It's not worth the cost of litigating it when it's a known loser.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 07:18 AM
He is right, although they are clearly unconstitutional, and nobody serious will assert that they are actually effective. It's not worth the cost of litigating it when it's a known loser.

Are these modern laws or some archaic requirement that dates back to the 1500's? Just because there is some law dating back half a century does not mean that there is a bunch of evil Christians running around trying indoctrinate all of the helpless little atheist.

In gatorboymike's own home state of Florida there is a law that prevents unmarried women from parachuting on Monday, a clear attempt by Floridians to undermine women's rights. Right?

Basing an argument about a modern issue on an archaic law that is not even enforced is about the most illogical thing that anybody can do.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 07:27 AM
http://rockbeyondbelief.com/2011/01/05/smoking-gun-proves-mandatory-army-spiritual-fitness-test-is-religious-test-unconstitutional/

I answered some questions the other day on an information form that asked my sex and age. Using the ridiculous logic of that website, then obviously I am a victim of sex discrimination and age discrimination.

Are atheist now so hyper-sensitive that they take offense at a question that even ask about religious preference? Are atheist really that overcome by the word "religion" that it induces such a reaction? I can hear the word "atheist" and it doesn't bother me at all yet it appears that the words religion and prayer are some kind of psychological kryptonite to atheists.

Talk about an over-reaction :rolleyes:

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Are these modern laws or some archaic requirement that dates back to the 1500's? Just because there is some law dating back half a century does not mean that there is a bunch of evil Christians running around trying indoctrinate all of the helpless little atheist.

In gatorboymike's own home state of Florida there is a law that prevents unmarried women from parachuting on Monday, a clear attempt by Floridians to undermine women's rights. Right?

Basing an argument about a modern issue on an archaic law that is not even enforced is about the most illogical thing that anybody can do.

They are holdovers from the 1700s and 1800s like many goofy laws in state constitutions.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 07:33 AM
They are holdovers from the 1700s and 1800s like many goofy laws in state constitutions.

And they clearly do not hold value and/or weight in our modern society. Using them as basis for an argument that modern day Christians are bad people trying to force their religion on others is baseless and daft.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 08:06 AM
And they clearly do not hold value and/or weight in our modern society. Using them as basis for an argument that modern day Christians are bad people trying to force their religion on others is baseless and daft.

Thats pretty funny since people like to use archaiec laws to justify things like owning fully automatic machine guns because 200+ years ago Thomas Jefferson though everyone should be able to own a musket. Don't try and dismiss the fact that those laws that have been KEPT on the books that clearly disciminate against athiests are somehow less lawfull then any other law in this country. That's "daft" and also typical of a conservative that when faced with factual information, starts the symantics tap dance.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 08:26 AM

It's a stupid argument. Sure some idiot moonbat is going to seize on a law like this to try to get someone thrown out of office or not be elected at some point, but it's clearly not representative of the overwhelming majority of conservatives, regardless of what the dems want to believe.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 08:42 AM
It's a stupid argument. Sure some idiot moonbat is going to seize on a law like this to try to get someone thrown out of office or not be elected at some point, but it's clearly not representative of the overwhelming majority of conservatives, regardless of what the dems want to believe.

But yet in some states, you still can't buy a bottle of Jack on the sabbath....

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 09:01 AM
But yet in some states, you still can't buy a bottle of Jack on the sabbath....

That's good old Georgia for you. :sign0020:

But seriously though the problem that most people have with todays christians is where a small minority of extremist christians such as pat robertson, michell bachman, herman cain and jerry fallwell (I know he is dead but he was one of the main ones when he was around preaching not only religious intollerance but flat out racism and segregation) who push a hateful conservative christian only all else be damed agenda and the the majority of christians who don't believe that cowardly sit back in silence. They can do that because christians are the majority. However whenever a muslim does something that they are not supposed to do they are quick to brand all muslims as blood thirsty terrorists. If we are going to ever come together as one in this society everyone regardless of race, religion, nationality needs to step up to the plate and call out those who fan the flames of religious intolerance regardless of their race or religion, Otherwise we will continue to digress as a nation.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Sorry for the duplicate post

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 10:44 AM
That's good old Georgia for you. :sign0020:

But seriously though the problem that most people have with todays christians is where a small minority of extremist christians such as pat robertson, michell bachman, herman cain and jerry fallwell (I know he is dead but he was one of the main ones when he was around preaching not only religious intollerance but flat out racism and segregation) who push a hateful conservative christian only all else be damed agenda and the the majority of christians who don't believe that cowardly sit back in silence. They can do that because christians are the majority. However whenever a muslim does something that they are not supposed to do they are quick to brand all muslims as blood thirsty terrorists. If we are going to ever come together as one in this society everyone regardless of race, religion, nationality needs to step up to the plate and call out those who fan the flames of religious intolerance regardless of their race or religion, Otherwise we will continue to digress as a nation.

I thought we had already established that though extreme conservatives, these people are not hateful. When has a Muslim done "something they are not supposed to do" and been branded a "blood thirty terrorist" when the label was not fitting?

Also, do you not understand that the Muslim and Christian religions share the same ultimate goal--that everyone be converted to their religion? That doesn't mean that Christians hate Muslims or that Muslims hate Christians or that either side wants to prohibit the other from practicing their religion freely in this country.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I thought we had already established that though extreme conservatives, these people are not hateful. When has a Muslim done "something they are not supposed to do" and been branded a "blood thirty terrorist" when the label was not fitting?

Also, do you not understand that the Muslim and Christian religions share the same ultimate goal--that everyone be converted to their religion? That doesn't mean that Christians hate Muslims or that Muslims hate Christians or that either side wants to prohibit the other from practicing their religion freely in this country.

When one muslim kills someone the right wingers say that all muslims are blood thirsty terrorists or something very similar. Is that not a correct assesment? Also how is sterotyping a group of people because of the actions of a small minority not hateful? Yes both muslims and christians do want everyone to convert to their respective religion, I will agree with you on that. I disagree with you that there is not a fringe element of people , most are republicans who would be infavor of revoking the first amendment and forcing everyone to convert to christanity. You can deny it all you want but deep down you know that I know what I'm talking about.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 11:02 AM
When one muslim kills someone the right wingers say that all muslims are blood thirsty terrorists or something very similar. Is that not a correct assesment? Also how is sterotyping a group of people because of the actions of a small minority not hateful? Yes both muslims and christians do want everyone to convert to their respective religion, I will agree with you on that. I disagree with you that there is not a fringe element of people , most are republicans who would be infavor of revoking the first amendment and forcing everyone to convert to christanity. You can deny it all you want but deep down you know that I know what I'm talking about.

That is simply not true. Yes, some people do believe that all Muslims are out to kill us. However, the overwhelming majority of people do not believe this, and simply acknowledging and demonstrating concern for the fact that there exist a LOT of Muslims abroad (and some at home) who want to end Western society is not being hateful.

Your latter comment is simply laughable and unfounded. I cannot believe someone has actually convinced you of this.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:17 AM
That is simply not true. Yes, some people do believe that all Muslims are out to kill us. However, the overwhelming majority of people do not believe this, and simply acknowledging and demonstrating concern for the fact that there exist a LOT of Muslims abroad (and some at home) who want to end Western society is not being hateful.

Your latter comment is simply laughable and unfounded. I cannot believe someone has actually convinced you of this.

So using that same logic someone could say that because of organizations like the KKK and racists preachers like jerry fallwell one could assume that all christians want to force everyone to convert to christanity and enslave or kill all non whites and not be considered a hateful person.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 11:26 AM
So using that same logic someone could say that because of organizations like the KKK and racists preachers like jerry fallwell one could assume that all christians want to force everyone to convert to christanity and enslave or kill all non whites and not be considered a hateful person.

No, that's not right at all. Using the same logic, you would say:

Yes, some [Muslims] do believe that all [Christians] are out to kill [Muslims]. However, the overwhelming majority of people do not believe this, and simply acknowledging and demonstrating concern for the fact that there exist [SOME (there are not a lot) Christians] who want to end [Muslim] society is not being hateful.

And the logic works.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 11:31 AM

"most are republicans who would be infavor of revoking the first amendment and forcing everyone to convert to christanity. You can deny it all you want but deep down you know that I know what I'm talking about"

This is the most obsured staement you've made yet , and YOU know it !

andrewhoya
07-07-2011, 11:32 AM
"most are republicans who would be infavor of revoking the first amendment and forcing everyone to convert to christanity. You can deny it all you want but deep down you know that I know what I'm talking about"

Took the words right out of my mouth.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:33 AM
No, that's not right at all. Using the same logic, you would say:

Yes, some [Muslims] do believe that all [Christians] are out to kill [Muslims]. However, the overwhelming majority of people do not believe this, and simply acknowledging and demonstrating concern for the fact that there exist [SOME (there are not a lot) Christians] who want to end [Muslim] society is not being hateful.

And the logic works.

I agree that some muslims want to kill christians and some christians want to kill muslims. Would you agree with me on that so far? If no why not? But if you do why then would you be in favor of a double standard in how muslims are treated because of a small minority of them if you are not in favor of christians being subject to the same double standard because of a small minority of christians? Is it because you are a christian and you don't want to go any mistreatment but you are ok with someone else going through it. Doesn't the bible say do onto others as you would have them do onto you?

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:34 AM

So I take it you have never heard of michelle bachman or herman cain? I suggest that you google both of the and get back to our discussion.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
When one muslim kills someone the right wingers say that all muslims are blood thirsty terrorists or something very similar. Is that not a correct assesment?

If your opinion is that anyone who isn't a liberal is a "right-winger", then no, you are not correct.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:41 AM
If your opinion is that anyone who isn't a liberal is a "right-winger", then no, you are not correct.

No I don't think that anyone who is not lib is a right winger. I actually consider myself extremely moderate so obviously I can't be a right winger either. Anyone who judges the actions of an entire group because of a fringe minority is a right wing loon job.

pghin08
07-07-2011, 11:42 AM
So I take it you have never heard of michelle bachman or herman cain? I suggest that you google both of the and get back to our discussion.

Not sure I've ever heard either of them say that the first amendment should be revoked. That wouldn't bode well for either of their campaigns.

andrewhoya
07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Not sure I've ever heard either of them say that the first amendment should be revoked. That wouldn't bode well for either of their campaigns.

Yeah, I'd like to see where they said that, too.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 11:49 AM
As a resident of Atlanta I have listened to Hermain Cain daily for years when he was on the radio , I know Herman Cain and what he belives well . He is NOT for forcing any religion on anyone .He is a christian and practices the christian faith and does support everyones right to there own religion . And as For Bachmann , i am very sure she would not force anyone to belive any different than they do .

duane1969
07-07-2011, 11:51 AM

When did Bachmann become a Republican? Just because she filed paperwork 2 or 3 weeks ago does not mean that she is the leader of the party. She isn't even beating out lame-duck candidate Mitt Romney in polls.

Cain is no more of a legitimate GOP candidate than Trump was. Using him to generalize the entire party is quite a stretch.

I wonder what unsubstantiated generalized stereotype we can assign to all who do not see things from a conservative perspective...

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/03/17/news/photos_stories/cropped/nancy_pelosi_edit--300x300.jpg

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:53 AM
Obviously they neither of them have publically stated such but based on their actions none of them would have a problem if the united states turned into a christian only nation that outlawed any other religion especially islam. That would essentially revoke the freedom of religion clause to the first amendment. If the right wingers have their way with that imagine what's next. Ya'll can laugh at me now but remember they same thing happened not too long ago in germany if anyone was paying attention in history class in high school.

pghin08
07-07-2011, 11:54 AM
When did Bachmann become a Republican? Just because she filed paperwork 2 or 3 weeks ago does not mean that she is the leader of the party. She isn't even beating out lame-duck candidate Mitt Romney in polls.

Cain is no more of a legitimate GOP candidate than Trump was. Using him to generalize the entire party is quite a stretch.

I wonder what unsubstantiated generalized stereotype we can assign to all who do not see things from a conservative perspective...

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/03/17/news/photos_stories/cropped/nancy_pelosi_edit--300x300.jpg

It's not very nice of you to make me vomit at work.

pghin08
07-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Obviously they neither of them have publically stated such but based on their actions none of them would have a problem if the united states turned into a christian only nation that outlawed any other religion especially islam. That would essentially revoke the freedom of religion clause to the first amendment. If the right wingers have their way with that imagine what's next. Ya'll can laugh at me now but remember they same thing happened not too long ago in germany if anyone was paying attention in history class in high school.

I disagree. To me, it's as ludicrous as the people who said that Barack Obama was going to turn the US into a Muslim nation.

And I'm not sure what you mean about Germany. I've got friends there, and according to them, like 30-35% of Germans have no religious affiliation at all.

andrewhoya
07-07-2011, 12:00 PM

And remember..... They used military force and a dictator to do it. Last I checked.... we are a democracy.

And btw, there is a HUGE difference between trying to revoke the 1st amendment to try to get everyone to be Christians and being fine if it actually happened.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 12:03 PM
It's not very nice of you to make me vomit at work.

:sign0020:

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 12:03 PM
As a resident of Atlanta I have listened to Hermain Cain daily for years when he was on the radio , I know Herman Cain and what he belives well . He is NOT for forcing any religion on anyone .He is a christian and practices the christian faith and does support everyones right to there own religion . And as For Bachmann , i am very sure she would not force anyone to belive any different than they do .

I live in atlanta as well (mabey we can trade IP one day :sign0020:) but I have never heard of this clown cain until recently but I was disgusted and offended with some of the stuff he stood for. Of course no canidate would support revoking the first amendment before the won the office because that would be political suicide. However once they are in they are free to attempt whatever they think that they can get away with.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I live in atlanta as well (mabey we can trade IP one day :sign0020:) but I have never heard of this clown cain until recently but I was disgusted and offended with some of the stuff he stood for. Of course no canidate would support revoking the first amendment before the won the office because that would be political suicide. However once they are in they are free to attempt whatever they think that they can get away with.
Have you heard of my next favorite radio guy Neal Boortz (am750) I suggest you listen to him he just went off the air at 12 . try tommorrow he is my favorite and would be your worst nightmare .Boortz tells it like it is . Cain came on at 7pm everynight for 5 -7 years in Atlanta . I would bet the state of Georgia would give Cain the majority of the vote IF he was the rep. candiate for office . I agree with the once there in they try to get any with anything they can . That's why our country has went to hell since Obama ..lol...

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 12:10 PM
And remember..... They used military force and a dictator to do it. Last I checked.... we are a democracy.

And btw, there is a HUGE difference between trying to revoke the 1st amendment to try to get everyone to be Christians and being fine if it actually happened.

Just look at everything that has been going on for the past few years starting with the Patriot Act. The gov't comes at you and tells us to give up our essential liberties and they will protect us. Before germany was taken over by hitler they were "free" nation as well. I rebuke the thought of the same thing happening in the united states but we are well on our way. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Have you heard of my next favorite radio guy Neal Boortz (am750) I suggest you listen to him he just went off the air at 12 . try tommorrow he is my favorite and would be your worst nightmare .Boortz tells it like it is . Cain came on at 7pm everynight for 5 -7 years in Atlanta . I would bet the state of Georgia would give Cain the majority of the vote IF he was the rep. candiate for office . I agree with the once there in they try to get any with anything they can . That's why our country has went to hell since Obama ..lol...

Yes I have heard of neal boortz but I am not that familiar with him.

Also at least Obama was legally elected by the people. That's more than we can say about your good old buddy gwb. :sign0020:

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 12:22 PM

I like listening to Boortz, but don't listen a ton. I have heard cain on there some and from the limited times I've heard him he seems like a pretty rational guy.

I wish boortz was more popular so he could get the fair tax way more exposure to the masses.

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 01:48 PM
I like listening to Boortz, but don't listen a ton. I have heard cain on there some and from the limited times I've heard him he seems like a pretty rational guy.

I wish boortz was more popular so he could get the fair tax way more exposure to the masses.
If you have access, look up denis prager and paul ibbetson. Both good ones. Alos, I kinda like Tom Sullivan on my xm. He seems a bit middle of the road to me.

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 02:09 PM
If you have access, look up denis prager and paul ibbetson. Both good ones. Alos, I kinda like Tom Sullivan on my xm. He seems a bit middle of the road to me.

There's a station in Indy that plays boortz at 6:00 pm. I don't agree with him on everything, but I find him entertaining and intelligent. I'll check those guys out. Maybe I can find them on the iHeart Radio app.

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
There's a station in Indy that plays boortz at 6:00 pm. I don't agree with him on everything, but I find him entertaining and intelligent. I'll check those guys out. Maybe I can find them on the iHeart Radio app.
I know prager is on itunes if you have an Ipod.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I agree that some muslims want to kill christians and some christians want to kill muslims. Would you agree with me on that so far? If no why not? But if you do why then would you be in favor of a double standard in how muslims are treated because of a small minority of them if you are not in favor of christians being subject to the same double standard because of a small minority of christians? Is it because you are a christian and you don't want to go any mistreatment but you are ok with someone else going through it. Doesn't the bible say do onto others as you would have them do onto you?

Because our nation is not at war with radical Christianity. Radical Christians are not trying to kill American troops and civilians around the world merely because they are not Christian. Do you not appreciate the gravity of the war that we are fighting? Sorry if the POTUS or a candidate for such is a little suspect of Muslims. It is a product of the world we live in. It doesn't mean that they hate Muslims or that they are denying Muslims any civil rights. You need to get over this artificial notion that such amounts to racism. It just is not true. It is merely acting out of an overabundance of caution.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 02:37 PM

Mr. V doesn't have thick enough skin for Boortz. Would probably call him a racist.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Jason Lewis out of Minneapolis is my favorite. He's brilliant and knows economics and Constitutional law better than anyone I've heard on the radio.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Mr. V doesn't have thick enough skin for Boortz. Would probably call him a racist.

If Boortz is spewing the same racism and venom like limbaugh and pat robertson I'll pass. I get more than enough of that from some of the posts that I read over the internet.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Because our nation is not at war with radical Christianity. Radical Christians are not trying to kill American troops and civilians around the world merely because they are not Christian. Do you not appreciate the gravity of the war that we are fighting? Sorry if the POTUS or a candidate for such is a little suspect of Muslims. It is a product of the world we live in. It doesn't mean that they hate Muslims or that they are denying Muslims any civil rights. You need to get over this artificial notion that such amounts to racism. It just is not true. It is merely acting out of an overabundance of caution.

The kkk is also out seeking to kill united states citizens because of their skin color. Would it not be acting out of an overabundance of caution to suspect that all white people are terrorists because of the actions of the klan?

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 02:54 PM
If Boortz is spewing the same racism and venom like limbaugh and pat robertson I'll pass. I get more than enough of that from some of the posts that I read over the internet.

You listen to Limbaugh and Pat Robertson a lot, do you? Is that how you know what they say?

habsheaven
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM

I'm curious how this comment relates to the situation we have in our community. Taxi drivers and pizza delivery drivers refuse to serve a certain ethnic part of the community. Is it racism, or caution?

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 02:55 PM
You listen to Limbaugh and Pat Robertson a lot, do you? Is that how you know what they say?

I listened to enough of them to know that they are both full of hot air and don't have the country's best intrests at heart.

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 02:56 PM
I think the important thing to remember is there are lots of different types of people that do and say things under all religions that vary across the board. The best thing to do is to remember not everyone under any certain religion has the same ideals or even hatreds. Lumping a group in with a bad seed of that group doesn't give you a very good cross section.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 02:58 PM
The kkk is also out seeking to kill united states citizens because of their skin color. Would it not be acting out of an overabundance of caution to suspect that all white people are terrorists because of the actions of the klan?

Give me a break. The KKK is basically nonexistent. It might have 5000 current members? How many radical Islamists are there out there? When is the last time the KKK killed 3000 innocent American citizens? The KKK poses practically no threat. The radical Muslisms pose a REAL threat to Americans.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I think the important thing to remember is there are lots of different types of people that do and say things under all religions that vary across the board. The best thing to do is to remember not everyone under any certain religion has the same ideals or even hatreds. Lumping a group in with a bad seed of that group doesn't give you a very good cross section.

+1 :cheer2:

It's just too bad that our that some of our more conservative friends on here don't see it that way.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm curious how this comment relates to the situation we have in our community. Taxi drivers and pizza delivery drivers refuse to serve a certain ethnic part of the community. Is it racism, or caution?

What are their reasons?

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:01 PM

It's just too bad that our that some of our more conservative friends on here don't see it that way.

Ironic post of the day.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Give me a break. The KKK is basically nonexistent. It might have 5000 current members? How many radical Islamists are there out there? When is the last time the KKK killed 3000 innocent American citizens? The KKK poses practically no threat. The radical Muslisms pose a REAL threat to Americans.

I do apologize. I said kkk but I was lumping all anti minority hate groups under the kkk umbrella so I was doing the same thing that I preach against so sue me. Do a quick internet search for hate groups in America. I guarantee that they have more than 5000 members. Also why do you think that the radical muslims hate america so much. Do you really think that america is such an innocent victim and that they never ever did anything to offend anyone?

habsheaven
07-07-2011, 03:06 PM
What are their reasons?They will tell you it is for safety reasons.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:08 PM
They will tell you it is for safety reasons.

Is there a reasonable basis for their position?

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:14 PM

No hard facts or sources, but I think it's fairly safe to say that the larger percentages of Muslims pose no more threat than any other religious group does. The extremist muslims are definitely bad, but I would think it's safe to say that they are in the minority. Even outside of this country I'd say that it's a good assumption that the majority of muslims are worried about the same things that we worry about for the most part... taking care of their families and having an enjoyable life. I don't live in a a huge muslim area, but the few mosques around my house have never posed any threat to my neighborhood that I know of.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:17 PM
No hard facts or sources, but I think it's fairly safe to say that the larger percentages of Muslims pose no more threat than any other religious group does. The extremist muslims are definitely bad, but I would think it's safe to say that they are in the minority. Even outside of this country I'd say that it's a good assumption that the majority of muslims are worried about the same things that we worry about for the most part... taking care of their families and having an enjoyable life. I don't live in a a huge muslim area, but the few mosques around my house have never posed any threat to my neighborhood that I know of.

I bet you if they tried to build a mosque near where some of our conservative readers live they would run around like chickens with their heards cut off.

habsheaven
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Is there a reasonable basis for their position?

Depends on who you talk to. The one or two drivers that have encountered problems would say YES. The vast majority of the law-abiding citizens would say NO.

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Ironic post of the day.

I think at some point everyone has to remind themselves to do this. Everyone is wired from their experiences and sometimes it can be tough to remember that there are a lot of other points of views out there and ones experience with something doesn't mean it's the only way.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:21 PM

I totally agree with this. However, it doesn't take a very high percentage of 1.5 billion to amount to a very large number.

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:23 PM
I bet you if they tried to build a mosque near where some of our conservative readers live they would run around like chickens with their heards cut off.

I wouldn't even limit it to conservatives though. I'm sure the fear crosses party or ideal boundaries.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:23 PM

I would venture to say that pretty much every one of the vocal conservatives on this board wouldn't really care. I'm infinitely more concerned with the gang-related crime in my city.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM

Americans like to think of their nation as a bastion of liberty and equality, and while America's political principles have certainly been based upon such ideas the truth is that Americans themselves have often been willing to abandon those ideals. Today, for example, many Americans are inclined to deny equality and liberty to the Muslims neighbors simply because they are Muslims.
Editor & Publisher reports on a recent survey which reveals the extent to which Americans are prejudiced against Muslims and would endorse official discrimination against Muslims:

Almost four in ten, 39%, advocate that Muslims here should carry special I.D. That same number admit that they do hold some “prejudice” against Muslims. Forty-four percent say their religious views are too “extreme.”

In addition, 34% believe that Muslims in America support al-Qaeda while just 49% believe that American Muslims are loyal to the United States. Almost a quarter don’t want Muslims as neighbors, but people who actually know Muslims are less likely to hold any of these prejudices. So, when a person actually knows Muslims, they are less likely to be prejudiced against Muslims — this isn’t surprising because prejudice is often the product of ignorance and fear.

At the same time, this indicates that all those who are so willing to see Muslims discriminated against probably don’t know any Muslims themselves. It’s easy to endorse discrimination when you don’t have to personally witness the harm it causes or when you don’t have toe feel empathy for those who must suffer because of it. Think about it: coming up on half of all Americans think that the religious views of American Muslims are too “extreme,” but most of these people probably don’t know any Muslims personally and so can’t claim to know what Muslims really do believe.

Where did they get their information if they don’t know any Muslims themselves? I think we can easily come up with examples of heavily biased “news” sources, both traditional media and web sites, which encourage people to developed biased perceptions of Muslims — and other minorities, too. Does anyone want to take a bet on how many in that 44% are regular readers of Ann Coulter and regular listeners of Bill O’Reilly?

http://atheism.about.com/b/2006/08/14/surveys-show-many-americans-prejudiced-against-muslims.htm

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
By Marilyn Elias, USA TODAY <br />
<br />
Motaz Elshafi, 28, a software engineer, casually opened an internal e-mail at work last month. The message began, &quot;Dear Terrorist.&quot; <br />
<br />
The note from a co-worker was...

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I would venture to say that pretty much every one of the vocal conservatives on this board wouldn't really care. I'm infinitely more concerned with the gang-related crime in my city.

What if some muslims built a mosque in your community and a lot of the gang bangers but their guns down, stopped selling dope, converted to islam and became better men and pillars of their community? I would love to see your reaction.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Depends on who you talk to. The one or two drivers that have encountered problems would say YES. The vast majority of the law-abiding citizens would say NO.

Is there a legitimate fear of physical injury?

duane1969
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM

Really? It is the conservatives that have been lumping everyone into a group and labeling them?

You need to do some more reading. In the last 72 hours alone conservatives have been called everything from freeper to "ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist" all because we do not consign to the narrowminded liberal opinions stated on here.

Perhaps the liberals need to fix their own problems before they try to tell others what is wrong with them. I am a little tired of liberals applying labels intended to be insulting or demeaning to me simply because I am conservative and then taking a high-and-mighty position on protecting someone else from an unfair label...what a freakin double standard.

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
What if some muslims built a mosque in your community and a lot of the gang bangers but their guns down, stopped selling dope, converted to islam and became better men and pillars of their community? I would love to see your reaction.

I would think most would like that result if it were to happen. Sure there would be some people that would still have issue or something to complain about, but I would hope most no matter the party affiliation would think that is a beneficial outcome.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 03:33 PM

I would love to see that happen!

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Even DHS thinks the RWers are a legitimate threat

http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Really? It is the conservatives that have been lumping everyone into a group and labeling them?

You need to do some more reading. In the last 72 hours alone conservatives have been called everything from freeper to "ultra-conservative militant Christian fundamentalist extremist" all because we do not consign to the narrowminded liberal opinions stated on here.

Perhaps the liberals need to fix their own problems before they try to tell others what is wrong with them. I am a little tired of liberals applying labels intended to be insulting or demeaning to me simply because I am conservative and then taking a high-and-mighty position on protecting someone else from an unfair label...what a freakin double standard.

I think everyone gets labeled... conservatives, liberals, religious, non religious, christians, muslims, and so on... It's kind of nature to label people into some category. I do agree with you in that it's odd to hear people complain about being labeled when their direct argument is that of labeling. It's rather hypocritical in my opinion.

I feel the same way about being labeled liberal or atheist. Everyone just needs to stop drawing so many conclusions about a person because of a certain affiliation.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 03:36 PM

That's becaue you consign to your narrow minded conservative world view

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 03:39 PM

This most likley would be the result

Tennesee freaks out over mosque

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/07/16/proposed-mosque-tennessee-residents/

pghin08
07-07-2011, 03:46 PM

While I don't often agree with Duane, he definitely does not have a narrow-minded worldview.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 03:47 PM

As Boortz would say ...The Dumbmasses ..lol...And yes the fair tax is the way to go !!

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I catch Dennis a few times a week .He is right on the money also ,I'll check into Paul Ibbeston he's not on here in Atl.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 03:52 PM
You might want to check The Black Panthers on that one !

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:55 PM

It happens more than you think. However what some conservatives call the "liberal" media chose to ignore these positive stories because that is not what people want to see.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 03:56 PM
You must be browsing around at The Daily Kos ,To get your dose of racism and venom , That's probably your favorite site .

Besides SCF ...LOL..

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:57 PM
You might want to check The Black Panthers on that one !

Check your history my dearest frined. The black panther party was started a means of protection from the police and other racist entities such as the klan. The KKK was started by former confederate soldiers a lot of whom were slave holders as a way to intimidate newly freed blacks.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
You must be browsing around at The Daily Kos ,To get your dose of racism and venom , That's probably your favorite site .

Besides SCF ...LOL..

I never visited the daily kos but if you think that it's a sight that I would visit it must be a good site. And you are right SCF is starting to become my favorite website. I spend way too much time on here instead of working. :sign0020:

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Check your history my dearest frined. The black panther party was started a means of protection from the police and other racist entities such as the klan. The KKK was started by former confederate soldiers a lot of whom were slave holders as a way to intimidate newly freed blacks.

http://youtu.be/APZ3-Lcbwmc Let Glenn Beck give ya' history lesson on the B.Panthers ..who want to kill cracker Babies ....all of em'

duane1969
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Narrow-minded? You have attacked every person on here that hasn't agreed with you position for 3 days and you call me narrow-minded? What a joke.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
While I don't often agree with Duane, he definitely does not have a narrow-minded worldview.

:hug:

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
http://youtu.be/APZ3-Lcbwmc Let Glenn Beck give ya' history lesson on the B.Panthers ..who want to kill cracker Babies ....all of em'

Sure we can all take what Glen Beck says at face value. He sure has a lot of credibility in my book due to the fact that he was too extreme for fox news. Try again intimadator.

AUTaxMan
07-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Sure we can all take what Glen Beck says at face value. He sure has a lot of credibility in my book due to the fact that he was too extreme for fox news. Try again intimadator.

Try attacking the message with a substantiated argument instead of the messenger for once.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
You one of those that think he got fired? Wrong again , He is still on the payroll w/ Fox and works behind the scenes . Like Glenn says ,you libs/democrats will wish he was still on at 5 everyday , cause he's about to unleash on the left ..ha,ha,ha,...And his ratings everyday prove his credibility,He smashed all the left leanning shows COMBINED ..

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
You one of those that think he got fired? Wrong again , He is still on the payroll w/ Fox and works behind the scenes . Like Glenn says ,you libs/democrats will wish he was still on at 5 everyday , cause he's about to unleash on the left ..ha,ha,ha,...And his ratings everyday prove his credibility,He smashed all the left leanning shows COMBINED ..

I don't really care if he's on there or not. The guy is a complete clown in my book and anything that he says goes in one ear and out the other.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Narrow-minded? You have attacked every person on here that hasn't agreed with you position for 3 days and you call me narrow-minded? What a joke.

"all because we do not consign to the narrowminded liberal opinions stated on here."

Oh so the only narrowminded views are those of liberals... I haven't seen 1 conservative face facts in this forum once in 3 days.

And as for attacks... It's not my fault some people don't like getting called out. Maybe if you were being more observant you could see your buddies on here with there swarmy underhanded attacks... "get eduacted" ect... LOL do you think I was born yesterday? I can find all sorts of attacks, that you must think are just par for the course. Do I care if someone on here attacks me.. not really, do I care when the mod starts giving me warnings when there are people doing the same thing.. yup

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Try attacking the message with a substantiated argument instead of the messenger for once.

OK, 90% of everything Glenn Beck says is made up

pghin08
07-07-2011, 04:29 PM
:hug:

See? We can all be friends!

duane1969
07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
See? We can all be friends!

As long as you are not an atheist then we should be fine.

If you are an atheist then you probably have already labeled me an ignorant, militant, right-wing, racist, redneck, tea-bagger, freeper radical Christian fundamentalist that is trying to force religion down your throat. :confused0024:

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 04:34 PM
OK, 90% of everything Glenn Beck says is made up
Your right , 90% of what Glenn says is made up , But not your kind of made up it's made up with FACTS , something democrats can't stand !

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Your right , 90% of what Glenn says is made up , But not your kind of made up it's made up with FACTS , something democrats can't stand !

Check out this link about the "facts" from your mesiah Glen Beck:

http://www.texaskaos.com/diary/5861/

andrewhoya
07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
"all because we do not consign to the narrowminded liberal opinions stated on here."

Oh so the only narrowminded views are those of liberals... I haven't seen 1 conservative face facts in this forum once in 3 days.

And as for attacks... It's not my fault some people don't like getting called out. Maybe if you were being more observant you could see your buddies on here with there swarmy underhanded attacks... "get eduacted" ect... LOL do you think I was born yesterday? I can find all sorts of attacks, that you must think are just par for the course. Do I care if someone on here attacks me.. not really, do I care when the mod starts giving me warnings when there are people doing the same thing.. yup

It is still attacking even if you like getting called out.

And BTW, what do you mean by some people dont like getting called out? Does anyone??

duane1969
07-07-2011, 04:46 PM

1) I was only speaking of your narrow-mindedness. Most of the liberals on here can discuss the issues without attacking everyone who disagrees with them. You are the one who assigns labels meant to be demeaning and implies that anyone who disagrees with you is either uneducated or of low intelligence. That is the very definition of narrow-minded.

2) First we are the link police for asking for facts, now we refuse to face the facts. :rolleyes:

3) If you don't like being warned for insulting behaviour and inappropriate language then don't do it. The same rules apply to everyone. If you can show me where people were calling you ignorant, uneducated, obtuse or anything other words that mean unintelligent or anything like that then I will gladly deal with them.

If the only way that you can "call out" someone is to be insulting then I advise you to avoid calling out anyone else.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Check out this link about the "facts" from your mesiah Glen Beck:

http://www.texaskaos.com/diary/5861/

For some reason I couldn't get past this first line and I saw all i needed to see ...

"After being a faithful Countdown with Keith Olbermann viewer for the past 5 years"

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:48 PM

You sure about that ?

LINK WITH FACTS THAT GLEN BECK DOES NOT USE FACTS

http://www.politifact.com/search/?q=glenn beck &page=1

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
For some reason I couldn't get past this first line and I saw all i needed to see ...

"After being a faithful Countdown with Keith Olbermann viewer for the past 5 years"

Keith Olbermann the anti glenn beck. He's the one the ultra conservatives warned you about.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:54 PM
1) I was only speaking of your narrow-mindedness. Most of the liberals on here can discuss the issues without attacking everyone who disagrees with them. You are the one who assigns labels meant to be demeaning and implies that anyone who disagrees with you is either uneducated or of low intelligence. That is the very definition of narrow-minded.

2) First we are the link police for asking for facts, now we refuse to face the facts. :rolleyes:

3) If you don't like being warned for insulting behaviour and inappropriate language then don't do it. The same rules apply to everyone. If you can show me where people were calling you ignorant, uneducated, obtuse or anything other words that mean unintelligent or anything like that then I will gladly deal with them.

No that's your job

If the only way that you can "call out" someone is to be insulting then I advise you to avoid calling out anyone else.

Don't confuse insulting with making a legitimate assesment of someone
If some one came in here and said "I love Hitler" I would have to asses they might be a Neo-Nazi and call them on it. Could they get offended? Maybe.. But I didn't make them come on here and give a big shout out to Hiter.
Is it insulting to call some one a bigot who just said they can't stand minorites trying to fight for their rights? Becasue I want to make sure we are on the same page as to what insulting is and what an accurate portryal of a persons beliefs are.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Keith Olbermann the anti glenn beck. He's the one the ultra conservatives warned you about.

Olbermann was kinda over the top, but factually he was usually correct.
Maddow is almost always factually correct and when she isn't at least retracts her statement. But hey some people think pill popping drug smugglers and alcholoic narrcisists are a good place to get infomation.. SNICKER :rolleyes:

duane1969
07-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Don't confuse insulting with making a legitimate assesment of someone
If some one came in here and said "I love Hitler" I would have to asses they might be a Neo-Nazi and call them on it. Could they get offended? Maybe.. But I didn't make them come on here and give a big shout out to Hiter.
Is it insulting to call some one a bigot who just said they can't stand minorites trying to fight for their rights? Becasue I want to make sure we are on the same page as to what insulting is and what an accurate portryal of a persons beliefs are.

It is insulting to call someone something with intention of being demeaning. Saying someone needs to be educated on a subject and calling someone uneducated are two entirely different things.

And no, it is not my job. Don't assume to tell me what my job is. I volunteer on this site for free.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 05:30 PM
It is insulting to call someone something with intention of being demeaning. Saying someone needs to be educated on a subject and calling someone uneducated are two entirely different things.

HAHAHA that's laughable. Maybe you though I was some wet behind the ears 20 year old political forum novice that can't see an underhanded insult when I see one. Obviously your assumption was misguided.

MadMan1978
07-07-2011, 06:59 PM
and there it is...

I am so glad I have aligned myself with Taoism

Now I will close this thread
I believe it has gone on long enough...