PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony not guilty of killing her child

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/os-casey-anthony-verdict-20110704,0,1034936.story

sanfran22
07-05-2011, 02:35 PM
I think she may have got pretty lucky....

dherm360
07-05-2011, 02:38 PM
appauling to say the least

habsheaven
07-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Circumstantial cases are so hard to prove. I am not surprised in the least at this verdict.

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Circumstantial cases are so hard to prove. I am not surprised in the least at this verdict.

Nothing in the american justice system surprises me any more. SMH

gladdyontherise
07-05-2011, 02:56 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc183/bowlerontherise/facepalm.gif

Danols1
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Just wow just wow

Star_Cards
07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
I would have been surprised if she had been found guilty. It seems that most of the "evidence" they had was all circumstantial. Thinking that someone did it doesn't mean there's proof that they did.

mrveggieman
07-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I would have been surprised if she had been found guilty. It seems that most of the "evidence" they had was all circumstantial. Thinking that someone did it doesn't mean there's proof that they did.

That could possibly be true but i don't care what anyone says no parent who is on trial for killing their child would be laughing around and joking in the courtroom like she was. If that's not the markings of a guilty person then I don't know what is.

redsoxx11
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Cases like this are a joke there are Kids that die everyday and sometimes it's legitimatly not the parents fault, but they are stuck with overworked public defenders and end up going to jail and having there other kids end up in abusive foster homes.

habsheaven
07-05-2011, 03:32 PM
That could possibly be true but i don't care what anyone says no parent who is on trial for killing their child would be laughing around and joking in the courtroom like she was. If that's not the markings of a guilty person then I don't know what is.

Unfortunately, suspect behaviour is not that easy to decipher. If that were the case, she simply would not have laughed or joked around the whole time in an attempt to appear innocent. All people handle stress differently. Guilty or innocent, she would have been under tremendous stress at times throughout the whole ordeal.

Star_Cards
07-05-2011, 03:34 PM
people want to look at how others react to a situation and decide everything about them. I haven't seen the video of her after the verdict, but no on can claim to know what emotions are going through her head and her reactions may not mean what people mostly think they mean. There are lots of people who laugh at things that aren't funny as ways of coping. Who knows what hers' means. The girl has been in prison for years awaiting this day. I'm sure the whole situation messes up a persons head no matter who they are.

that's not to say that I don;t think she had a hand in the death. she definitely didn't help as much as one would think a mother would, but a judging a reaction of hers' to news that probably saved her own life is hardly provable of her guilt.

to add... there are people that have been terribly abused and when talking about it they laugh and smile to deflect and cover up their pain. It's a masking agent as I understand as I'm no expert.

duane1969
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM

I agree with both of these statements. I didn't follow it at all but what little evidence I saw/heard about was circumstantial. I am not surprised.

I think she was obviously a neglectful parent but that does not equte to murder. If it did then there would be A LOT of parents in prison.

Star_Cards
07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
most people use the fact that she got a tattoo and went out partying as the main reason as to why they would find her guilty just because that's not how they would have reacted. I get that it's odd and I would think if my child was missing I'd be out looking for him/her. I also agree that I would have reported the child missing a lot sooner than what she did (i believe it was 31 days or something). However, reactions to major events can't really be used to prove guilt by themselves.

WVcoltsfan
07-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I think TNT's constant airing of Law & Order reruns has created a society full of "legal experts".

EDIT: This isnt targeted at anyone in this thread, just a generalized thought Ive had from watching the reactions to this trial...

AUTaxMan
07-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I think TNT's constant airing of Law & Order reruns has created a society full of "legal experts".

EDIT: This isnt targeted at anyone in this thread, just a generalized thought Ive had from watching the reactions to this trial...

Very true. CSI also doesn't help things because jurors these days need to see direct forensic evidence of a crime in order to convict.

duane1969
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM

I resemble that statement!! :smokin:

greg271126817
07-05-2011, 05:36 PM
The court system has a way of putting many wrongly convicted people in prison for a long time. They also like to let people off the hook for multiple offenses. It would be nice to see them get something right some time. I dont think there was enough evidence to convict her, but i do believe she is guilty of something. May not be murder, but something was not right with the whole situation

pghin08
07-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I agree with both of these statements. I didn't follow it at all but what little evidence I saw/heard about was circumstantial. I am not surprised.

I think she was obviously a neglectful parent but that does not equte to murder. If it did then there would be A LOT of parents in prison.

Agreed. When you don't know how someone died, it's hard to convict someone else of killing them. Bottom line.

Star_Cards
07-06-2011, 10:20 AM

I just wonder if Dexter is going to get her after she's released.

gatorboymike
07-06-2011, 09:55 PM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/261140_128500837236354_2329469_n.jpg/

duane1969
07-06-2011, 11:59 PM
i just wonder if dexter is going to get her after she's released.

lol