PDA

View Full Version : Juror #3 in the Casey Anthony Case speaks out

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 08:23 AM
http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/07/06/juror-3-for-casey-anthony-trial-speaks-out/

duane1969
07-07-2011, 08:29 AM
The most disgusting part in all of this...

One unconfirmed report says that one jury member is asking for a five figure payoff to tell their story.

What type of disgusting pig tries to profit from the death of a child?

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 08:36 AM
I am mad a the fact that they are suggesting that yes we know that she is guilty but because the prosecution failed to "prove" it we are going to let her go.

brandonbarnett
07-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Makes me sick.....and someone wanting 5 figure payoff for there story is nuts..... with talk of that and saying it was prosecutions failure to prove guilt, kinda makes me think that maybe they were...

habsheaven
07-07-2011, 09:41 AM
The fact of the matter is "reasonable doubt" is a hard thing to define. As Marcia Clark put it, "they may have had a reason to doubt, but that is not reasonable doubt". I don't think there is a conspiracy theory here with the jury.

pghin08
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
I am mad a the fact that they are suggesting that yes we know that she is guilty but because the prosecution failed to "prove" it we are going to let her go.

That's the thing though, we don't KNOW if she's guilty, because we don't know how the child died.

There are two different judicial systems in the US. The one that actually renders decisions, and the courts of public opinion, and they act very differently. The law states we are innocent until proven guilty, but the court of public opinion is quite the opposite. The media coverage only serves to feed that monster.

Just by looking at the Headline News coverage (I normally wouldn't be anywhere near the Casey Anthony crap, but I was at my girlfriend's grandmothers, and she was transfixed by it), I saw a telling little graphic. On the bottom right corner of the screen, it said "Justice for Caylee". When you think about it, it's an accusatory statement. As if HLN was saying "when Casey is found guilty, they'll be justice for Caylee". It implies Casey's guilt by saying that justice is required in this situation, not that it may have simply been an accident.

It's subtle rhetoric like that example that lends itself the to the "guilty until proven innocent" mindset of the general public.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Yeah she can be free to go completely within a few minutes depending on what the judge says. She can't be retried on the state charges and she can't get any federal charges bought against her...

duane1969
07-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I am confused by this. What does working for the state have to do with Fed charges?

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 11:40 AM
When I say state I am referring to the gov't as a whole. Do you remember during the rodney king trial when they 4 officers were aquitted on state charges the feds stepped in and convicted them on...