PDA

View Full Version : Legal question re the Casey Anthony trial

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey check this out. Let's say 5 years from know Casey Anthony experiences remorse and goes to police and admits that she killed her daughter. Since she has already been aquitted in her daughter's murder is there any legal actions the state can take against her besides forcing her to reimburse them for the cost of the trial and the investigagtion?

Joncamburn
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I don't believe so, but there could be a Civil Lawsuit, just nothing criminal.

duane1969
07-07-2011, 11:29 AM
Double-jeaopardy protects her. However, I believe that if she were to admit it she might could be charged under Federal law.

G MO
07-07-2011, 12:19 PM
Definitely not criminal and no civil either. She can walk out of prison and announce her guilt to protect either of her parents from future prosecutorial charges and to slap the legal system. <br />
<br />
G

habsheaven
07-07-2011, 12:21 PM
The only way she could be retried federally is if in her utterances she indicated that the crime somehow happened on federal land.

INTIMADATOR2007
07-07-2011, 12:42 PM
The judge says she is free to go on july 13th 2011..

brandonbarnett
07-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey check this out. Let's say 5 years from know Casey Anthony experiences remorse and goes to police and admits that she killed her daughter. Since she has already been aquitted in her daughter's murder is there any legal actions the state can take against her besides forcing her to reimburse them for the cost of the trial and the investigagtion?

Aren't they gonna try to make her pay those cost anyway??

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Aren't they gonna try to make her pay those cost anyway??

Yeah I heard that but different legal experts disagree on weather that would hold up in court let alone if she will ever make enough money to pay the state back. I think that she will be a social outcast and that no one will work with her thefore making it extremely difficult for her to earn a living. There were rumors of her being offered work in the adult entertainment industry but the offer was pulled bucause no one would have wanted to see an accused baby killer perform.

brandonbarnett
07-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Yeah I heard that but different legal experts disagree on weather that would hold up in court let alone if she will ever make enough money to pay the state back. I think that she will be a social outcast and that no one will work with her thefore making it extremely difficult for her to earn a living. There were rumors of her being offered work in the adult entertainment industry but the offer was pulled bucause no one would have wanted to see an accused baby killer perform.

True, but ya know she will get a book deal....ofcourse I don't know what those pay....

*censored*
07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Once you're tried and acquitted, you can't be tried again. OJ could come out now and admit he killed Ron and Nicole and nothing would happen.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Nm that was England..

The problem with this case is, guilty.nto guilty pleas are not under oath, and since she never took the stand. There isn't a way for the prosecutoin to later come back and say she purgered herself.