PDA

View Full Version : Pamela Geller's war against common sense

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.islamophobiatoday.com/2011/07/06/pamela-geller-and-co-waging-a-war-against-common-sense/

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Lol at that site. Do you know anything that is going on overseas? Do you know whats happening in France and England? Or just from that website??

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Lol at that site. Do you know anything that is going on overseas? Do you know whats happening in France and England? Or just from that website??

You don't even attempt to hide your hatred for non christians do you?

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 02:57 PM
You don't even attempt to hide your hatred for non christians do you?
Once again with the assumptions. When you get educated, come and chat....

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Here's a start. This is even from a leftist.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WKFpak9Mc
Do you even know one of the main goals of islam?

Star_Cards
07-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Uh, who exactly is Pam Geller???

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks. Have you checked out this example of christians spreading their example message of love on those evil jews and muslims.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBTPMX1xoY

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I didn't realize we were talking about "christians" by the subject title. Can you ever answer a question to the point? Or are you incapable of such...just curious.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Uh, who exactly is Pam Geller???

Just another religious extremist whom I shouldn't haven't wasted the forum's time giving her any play.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I didn't realize we were talking about "christians" by the subject title. Can you ever answer a question to the point? Or are you incapable of such...just curious.

I can answer any question you pose. I thought that you want to exchange videos on which religion is more loving and peaceful.

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 03:31 PM
I can answer any question you pose. I thought that you want to exchange videos on which religion is more loving and peaceful.
Lol, yeah I'm sure you can....No need, I know you can't handle it.

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 03:58 PM
Lol, yeah I'm sure you can....No need, I know you can't handle it.

Bring it on. I'll be here until 5 eastern. I might even come back on when I get home.

redsoxx11
07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Here's a start. This is even from a leftist.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_WKFpak9Mc
Do you even know one of the main goals of islam?

I think we know what the Koran says, what amazes me is that you take the Koran at face value and make literal interpritations... but the second someone brings up a biblical tenent that mirrors the Koran.. "oh the bible doesn't really mean that", or "well that's not what they were saying"

mrveggieman
07-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I think we know what the Koran says, what amazes me is that you take the Koran at face value and make literal interpritations... but the second someone brings up a biblical tenent that mirrors the Koran.. "oh the bible doesn't really mean that", or "well that's not what they were saying"

I call BS !!!

Can I get an amen!! :cheer2:

sanfran22
07-07-2011, 09:45 PM

I call BS !!!
lol. When you know anything on the subject, you can talk. Until then......

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Do you? Because I would like to point out that the UK is not knee deep in extremist Muslims. My wife doesn't have to wear a bhurka, we can still eat pork,go to church if you want to, I don't have to wear a beard, No one is forced to read the Quran. I'm not saying there are no extremists living here,but I would not believe every thing you see or hear in the media.

We have more exremist so called christians living here. See post related to the EDL, and take a look at their website and that of the BNP.

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Do you? Because I would like to point out that the UK is not knee deep in extremist Muslims. My wife doesn't have to wear a bhurka, we can still eat pork,go to church if you want to, I don't have to wear a beard, No one is forced to read the Quran. I'm not saying there are no extremists living here,but I would not believe every thing you see or hear in the media.

We have more exremist so called christians living here. See post related to the EDL, and take a look at their website and that of the BNP.
yeah, well aware of what's going on over there. What's happening in the court system. No one said anything about them forcing you to wear anythi.ng. Just because you refuse to see what the are tring to do doesn't mean something not going on.

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 09:11 AM
yeah, well aware of what's going on over there. What's happening in the court system. No one said anything about them forcing you to wear anythi.ng. Just because you refuse to see what the are tring to do doesn't mean something not going on.

Very hard to see something that's not happening. Nothing is happening in the court system, Sharia law has a small effect on local problems. If you want to check you will see that there are Jewish courts that do the same, but of course there is no hysteria over that because they are not the bogeyman of choice. Could you please explain what "they" are trying to do? As Muslims make up about 4% of the UK population I would think they will have a hard time doing anything.

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Very hard to see something that's not happening. Nothing is happening in the court system, Sharia law has a small effect on local problems. If you want to check you will see that there are Jewish courts that do the same, but of course there is no hysteria over that because they are not the bogeyman of choice. Could you please explain what "they" are trying to do? As Muslims make up about 4% of the UK population I would think they will have a hard time doing anything.
Do you know anything about the jewish courts? I don't believe they are the same as the sharia courts....
The Muslim Tribunals cite the Jewish Beth Din courts, which have handled civil legal cases for over one hundred years. But as Melanie Phillips (http://www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/492106/the-archbishops-speech.thtml) has explained, this is a total misrepresentation. The implication is that British Jews are not bound by the law of the land but instead get an exemption. This is false. Though Jewish religious courts (Beth Din) deal with such issues as dispute arbitration, family issues, marriage, and divorce, the Jewish courts "have never sought official recognition of their rulings, and these are not recognized under English law. ... Jewish religious marriage and divorce rituals have no status in English law. ... Jews have to marry or be divorced according to English law just like everyone else. ... But the crucial difference is that ... Muslims want their rulings to be accepted by the state as having the same legal authority as English law" (emphasis mine). While Jews have always acknowledged that as a minority, they live under the law of the land and do not seek to change, the Muslims have a very different outlook and intent. Therefore, sharia law's "imposition represents a concerted attempt by Islamists to gain further influence in Britain." Unlike aborigine, Catholic, or Jewish tribunals, Muslim tribunals seek "to impose their cultural values (http://spectator.org/archives/2005/09/26/sharia-shocks) on Western society." For example, Jewish kosher laws are never imposed upon non-Jewish people; the same cannot be said concerning Islamic halal food. In one British nursing home, the non-Muslim residents were obligated to forgo bacon in their meals in deference to Islamic halal demands.

That 4% is about to be 10% in a short time.....Just like over here, the vocal minority is trying to impose their will on the masses....

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Do you know anything about the jewish courts? I don't believe they are the same as the sharia courts....
The Muslim Tribunals cite the Jewish Beth Din courts, which have handled civil legal cases for over one hundred years. But as Melanie Phillips (http://www.spectator.co.uk/melaniephillips/492106/the-archbishops-speech.thtml) has explained, this is a total misrepresentation. The implication is that British Jews are not bound by the law of the land but instead get an exemption. This is false. Though Jewish religious courts (Beth Din) deal with such issues as dispute arbitration, family issues, marriage, and divorce, the Jewish courts "have never sought official recognition of their rulings, and these are not recognized under English law. ... Jewish religious marriage and divorce rituals have no status in English law. ... Jews have to marry or be divorced according to English law just like everyone else. ... But the crucial difference is that ... Muslims want their rulings to be accepted by the state as having the same legal authority as English law" (emphasis mine). While Jews have always acknowledged that as a minority, they live under the law of the land and do not seek to change, the Muslims have a very different outlook and intent. Therefore, sharia law's "imposition represents a concerted attempt by Islamists to gain further influence in Britain." Unlike aborigine, Catholic, or Jewish tribunals, Muslim tribunals seek "to impose their cultural values (http://spectator.org/archives/2005/09/26/sharia-shocks) on Western society." For example, Jewish kosher laws are never imposed upon non-Jewish people; the same cannot be said concerning Islamic halal food. In one British nursing home, the non-Muslim residents were obligated to forgo bacon in their meals in deference to Islamic halal demands.

That 4% is about to be 10% in a short time.....Just like over here, the vocal minority is trying to impose their will on the masses....

Can you please give me the name of this old folks home please. Muslims are bound by the law of the UK the same as everyone else is,to say they are not is just a terribly naive comment. Melanie Phillips is a well known right wing wind bag who writes for the most right wing newspaper in the UK. Her arguments are regulary pulled apart by her own readers. Please provide some sort of proof/facts for your claim the UK will soon be 10% Muslim.

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote from the Care Home owner.
Anyway, from the Telegraph:
"Dr Khan, who has owned the home since 1994, said: "There has been one delivery of halal meat and people have misunderstood the concept.
"As soon as I realised this I held a senior staff meeting and I made it abundantly clear that residents could have any meat product or food they wished.
"I agree it would be quite wrong for someone to impose their religious or cultural beliefs on others, but this is not the case."

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 12:26 PM
According to research by The Times, Office for National Statistics data shows that the Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 between 2004 and 2008.
The Islamic population multiplied 10 times faster than other population groups in British society. During the same four year period, the number of Christians in the UK actually fell by more than 2 million.
Experts have put the Islamic population explosion down to the effects of mass immigration, a higher birthrate amongst Muslim communities and conversion to Islam.

Muslims to make up quarter of world's projected population of 8.3billion
72 countries already have one million or more Muslims
Britain to have more Muslims than Kuwait by 2030

The Muslim population in the UK will almost double to 5.5million within 20 years, it has been claimed.

Immigration and high birth rates will mean nearly one in ten Britons will be Muslim by 2030, according to a worldwide study about the spread of Islam

That's 8-10 percent of projected population. Things will change over there....

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote from the Care Home owner.
Anyway, from the Telegraph:
"Dr Khan, who has owned the home since 1994, said: "There has been one delivery of halal meat and people have misunderstood the concept.
"As soon as I realised this I held a senior staff meeting and I made it abundantly clear that residents could have any meat product or food they wished.
"I agree it would be quite wrong for someone to impose their religious or cultural beliefs on others, but this is not the case."
Lol, I'd probably say that as well......All I am saying is I would just be wary of the intentions....

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Population of Kuwait is 3,566,437. Muslims in UK 2,400,00 so I would guess before 2030. Estimates of between 4-7million Muslims in the USA more than the population of Finland.

For things to change as much as you think there would need to be a significant number of Muslims in government. Right now there is not and I can't see it happening either.

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Population of Kuwait is 3,566,437. Muslims in UK 2,400,00 so I would guess before 2030. Estimates of between 4-7million Muslims in the USA more than the population of Finland.

For things to change as much as you think there would need to be a significant number of Muslims in government. Right now there is not and I can't see it happening either.
Don't they have a party? Or are forming one? I thought I read they were...

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Lol, I'd probably say that as well......All I am saying is I would just be wary of the intentions....

I was not suggesting you were wrong,I was just curious as to where the home was. But one home out of 100's a takeover does not make. There is all sorts of religious BS going on in the UK right now,sadly most of it is being driven by the print media. Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun are the worst offenders, print a misleading headline to get the blood boiling while only providing half the facts.

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
I was not suggesting you were wrong,I was just curious as to where the home was. But one home out of 100's a takeover does not make. There is all sorts of religious BS going on in the UK right now,sadly most of it is being driven by the print media. Daily Mail, Daily Express and The Sun are the worst offenders, print a misleading headline to get the blood boiling while only providing half the facts.
I understand, i'm just saying be cautious. It's happened before and it has been the stated goal for along time now.....

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Don't they have a party? Or are forming one? I thought I read they were...

As far as I'm aware there is no Muslim political party,I would not be shocked if one was formed in the near future though. But because of the way our elections are run I still think it would make little or no impact. The UK is broken down into 650 constituencies and a member of Parliament is returned for each one. As the high % of Muslims live in urban areas and only in few areas in any density, it seem viable that they could win enough seats to have much swing in government.

Hairylemon
07-08-2011, 12:52 PM
I understand, i'm just saying be cautious. It's happened before and it has been the stated goal for along time now.....

I understand completly, nice to have a debate on this issue with someone who does not rant and rave, try having this debate on a UK forum and see the anger on both sides, it's bloody terrible.

mrveggieman
07-08-2011, 01:39 PM
I understand completly, nice to have a debate on this issue with someone who does not rant and rave, try having this debate on a UK forum and see the anger on both sides, it's bloody terrible.

You must be new the the politics and religion part of this site :sign0020: Some of these people get hot and bothered by the slightest thing on here.

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 01:45 PM
You must be new the the politics and religion part of this site :sign0020: Some of these people get hot and bothered by the slightest thing on here.
Actually, he's been here longer then you.:winking0071:

mrveggieman
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Actually, he's been here longer then you.:winking0071:

I know this. I was trying to be funny. Sorry that you didn't catch on. :confused0024:

sanfran22
07-08-2011, 01:51 PM
I know this. I was trying to be funny. Sorry that you didn't catch on. :confused0024:
I caught it, but he's posted in this forum alot. So your joke makes no sense...I understand the shot you were taking though.

Hairylemon
07-09-2011, 06:57 AM
I read most of the threads,but as I'm not American I find it hard to post on the US only threads. I do have opinions of course but as an outsider I feel my opinion would not count for much. I love a good political/religious donnybrook as much as the next person, just not a fan when it gets personal. Being called a Liberal and Lefty I can accept but other stuff is a no no for me.

habsheaven
07-09-2011, 10:06 AM
I read most of the threads,but as I'm not American I find it hard to post on the US only threads. I do have opinions of course but as an outsider I feel my opinion would not count for much. I love a good political/religious donnybrook as much as the next person, just not a fan when it gets personal. Being called a Liberal and Lefty I can accept but other stuff is a no no for me.

I don't find it hard at all, but then again being inundated with American news and tv all my life I am very "americanized". Occasionally, I get the "your opinion doesn't count" argument but I ignore it as it usually signifies the poster doesn't have a worthwhile retort.

mrveggieman
07-09-2011, 01:42 PM
I am much grateful for our readers who are outside of the USA. Ya'll can actually see first hand all of the nonsense that we have to deal with everyday over here.

Hairylemon
07-10-2011, 01:47 AM
I am much grateful for our readers who are outside of the USA. Ya'll can actually see first hand all of the nonsense that we have to deal with everyday over here.

Same the world over, the UK is not exempt from idiot politicians.