PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Fried Signings--yes it was THAT hot!!!

ajwest92
07-08-2011, 06:11 AM
I went to Florence, KY Wednesday for four driver signings the area. I left the house at 5AM to get in line by 7AM to the Tony Stewart wristband distribution at Office Depot. After getting the wristband, I hoofed it over to McD's for breakfast and found the OneMain office where Elliott Sadler was signing at in the morning. After a three hour wait, I got my car and a hero card signed by Sadler. Then off to the Office Depot I go...

I waited for almost five hours for Tony braving the heat, local TV crews, kids with free backpacks, a nagging Stewart fan who wanted me to go to the end of the line because I didn't show up until 7AM for the wristband when she and a few other Stewart diehards was there before midnight, and a phone call from Angie for black ink for the printer. (Hey, I'm in the right place for that.) But I went a few places back to appease her, got the black ink and a few other items to get a free Stewart hat, and my diecast signed by Tony.

Then I was off to Home Depot for Joey Logano. This a short stay. The line was very short (everyone was coming in from the Stewart signing--we should have commandeered a bus for the trip and all rode together) and i got my diecast signed. I even got a pic of Joey and me, but it was with my cell...my digital camera went belly up and died while in line for Joey...SIGH.

Finally, I got to the local watering hole for Brad Keselowski. This was a 21+ bar, so I was glad that I didn't take Lauren with me today or I would have been out of luck. I got in, found a seat and ordered a Coke. Brad came in at 7 to a loud introduction for any driver. He went a did a little speech about the race, glad you are all here, blah, blah, blah, the first round is on me (ROOOOOOAR!!!!) So I got my pint, enjoyed a cold one, and got in line for Brad, he signed my car, two Discount Tire hero cards (they went into Lauren's collection), and my pint can before I was cut off for autographs.

I got home, avoided a wreck on 75, (took a little damage on my hubcap, but it looks minimal--don't know how I avoided anything worse) and got home safely.

Here is the swag I got:

First the non-diecast: Brad Keselowski signed Miller Lite can (beat that, Stephen) and Elliott Sadler signed hero card.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/autographed%20swag/KentuckyNASCARDay--July62011027.jpg

Now for the diecast:

2010 Home Depot signed by Joey Logano:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/autographed%20die%20casts/KentuckyNASCARDay--July62011019.jpg

2009 Home Depot/Back to School Tony Stewart:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/autographed%20die%20casts/KentuckyNASCARDay--July62011020.jpg

2009 Go Daddy #88 Brad Keselowski

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/autographed%20die%20casts/KentuckyNASCARDay--July62011021.jpg

2000 Citgo Wood Brothers 50th Anniversary 70's paint scheme signed by Elliott Sadler. Elliott was even amazed to see this car at the signing. Must not be an easy piece to get...

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll45/ajwest92/autographed%20die%20casts/KentuckyNASCARDay--July62011022.jpg

Thanks for looking, Alex

doniceage
07-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Awesome hall and some nice items you got signed. Had a friend call in yesterday and will be today as he wanted to go to the races. He calls in and sends us pic's of the truck series lol.

DON

Pmurdick25
07-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Nice stuff. always good to get ip autos. congrats.

nadeau01_johnson48
07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Awesome stuff!

What time did they start handing out the Tony wristbands? I'm doing the same thing in Richmond, and don't wanna get there too early or too late. I figured getting there two hours early should be good, but since you just did it, figured I'd ask you. Thanks Alex!

MCXC1987
07-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Sweet haul, going to the race tomorrow...wouldn't mind getting a few autos haha. That Tony car is awesome looking!

joeyfan22
07-08-2011, 02:51 PM
i love the llogano

ajwest92
07-09-2011, 06:51 AM
Jeremy, they hand out the wristbands at the time the store opens (usually 8 AM)

ajwest92
07-09-2011, 07:02 AM
Awesome stuff!

What time did they start handing out the Tony wristbands? I'm doing the same thing in Richmond, and don't wanna get there too early or too late. I figured getting there two hours early should be good, but since you just did it, figured I'd ask you. Thanks Alex!

Two hours will be good...I was there at 7 AM (one hour early). But the family was at the 2009 Indy signing at 7:30 AM and the three of us got wristbands.

BTW, remember these rules...I have done four signings with Tony and these rules never change:

He runs late...especially if he does those charity backpack appearances. He had to shake so many hands and talk to the TV stations that it was insane.

Only one autograph per person...NO EXCEPTIONS. Don't even bother trying.

Be ready to tell what pen and where you want the autograph at (silver Sharpie on the windshield, for example) as soon as you get there.

Take pictures OF him: yes. Take pictures WITH him: no.

He does this so he can give out the most autographs possible for his fans in the least amount of time...he did 300 in the span of one hour. I would love to get a pic with him someday, but that can wait...

nadeau01_johnson48
07-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Gotcha....thanks for the heads up!

wrigleyfield
07-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Cool stuff. I love the Sadler items!

skippy
07-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Fantastic haul Alex, your collection is growing so fast. We were lucky to get Elliots at the Tapout Trailer on Friday.