PDA

View Full Version : What would be a fair price for this??

cjhsv
07-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey guys,

Just looking for a rough price on what you think this would be worth.

Kobe 2 Adidas Signature Shoe:
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/cjhsv/MAILDAY/33f4fdfe.jpg

Same style that Lebron worn during his SVSM high school days:
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/cjhsv/MAILDAY/svsm_adidas_kobe-two-1-game.jpg

Shoe signed by Lebron (think he only signs his signature line of shoes now):
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/cjhsv/MAILDAY/f43ee560.jpg

PSA authenticated - date of authentication pre NBA:
http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/cjhsv/MAILDAY/728b7088.jpg

There is only the one shoe. Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
CJ

HOF collecting
07-11-2011, 03:03 PM
That's a very good question the best way to get the value would be to check eBay or even put it up for sale and sell it.

blackmamba_24
07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
I seen a set of game used LBJ kobe shoes that he wore in high school and autograph went for $700 with psa/dna and a letter about the game used shoes.

I would guess $50-$150 for one shoe. It is a great piece but Lebron is really down right now. GL

cjhsv
07-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I seen a set of game used LBJ kobe shoes that he wore in high school and autograph went for $700 with psa/dna and a letter about the game used shoes.

I would guess $50-$150 for one shoe. It is a great piece but Lebron is really down right now. GL

Thanks for the comments guys. I actually purchased the shoe as game worn & signed however when it finally arrived it was missing the game used letter / authentication. Trying to work out a price to go back to the seller with as I do like the shoe but obviously have paid more than it is worth as I paid based on the game use as well.

Your information mamba is extremely helpful - I have never seen one sell before so gives me a point to work back from.

blackmamba_24
07-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I actually purchased the shoe as game worn & signed however when it finally arrived it was missing the game used letter / authentication. Trying to work out a price to go back to the seller with as I do like the shoe but obviously have paid more than it is worth as I paid based on the game use as well.

Your information mamba is extremely helpful - I have never seen one sell before so gives me a point to work back from.

That shoe does look really fimilar though. Let me try to look some info up on my resources to see if i can help you out of getting a letter stating that it is game used. If it is game used you can get up to $500 for it easily on a good market.

cjhsv
07-12-2011, 09:03 AM
That shoe does look really fimilar though. Let me try to look some info up on my resources to see if i can help you out of getting a letter stating that it is game used. If it is game used you can get up to $500 for it easily on a good market.

Greatly appreciated mamba!! Any information will be useful at this point. I think the seller mentioned that the LOA is from Hunt auctions - he says that he still has it but wont send it to me unless I close the paypal case that I have open. Item took 40 days to get to me from date of payment so I didnt really have any option but to open the case.

Only things I can think of for not sending it originally is if the LOA doesn't exist or if he was splitting up both shoes and wanted to keep the LOA for himself.

blackmamba_24
07-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Greatly appreciated mamba!! Any information will be useful at this point. I think the seller mentioned that the LOA is from Hunt auctions - he says that he still has it but wont send it to me unless I close the paypal case that I have open. Item took 40 days to get to me from date of payment so I didnt really have any option but to open the case.

Only things I can think of for not sending it originally is if the LOA doesn't exist or if he was splitting up both shoes and wanted to keep the LOA for himself.

No problem man. I would think someone would help me if I needed. Sounds like that he is keeping the other shoe and the LOA saying that it is game used. Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for it? You can shoot me a pm. I'm out of town and didn't bring my laptop with info on that auction a while back.

Cowboysfan2010
07-12-2011, 05:18 PM

whatever you do do not close the case cause i did that for a seller once and ended up getting screwed cause once you close the case you cannot open it up again

blackmamba_24
07-12-2011, 05:54 PM
whatever you do do not close the case cause i did that for a seller once and ended up getting screwed cause once you close the case you cannot open it up again

That happen to me before 2. I agree with Cowboysfan.

cjhsv
07-12-2011, 06:04 PM
@mamba - will send you via PM

@cowboys - thanks mate. The seller was telling me that it could be reopened provided they agreed to it. Didn't sound right to me but never been in this position before. Will leave it open.

Well, I asked the seller to send me a picture of the LOA to show that he did actually have a it which I have included below. Does anyone know anything about this sportshuntersauctions? I have tried to google and nothing comes up and also the LOA doesn't really look that official to me. In saying that this is my first game used item so maybe this is normal??

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/cjhsv/LebronLOA.jpg

blackmamba_24
07-12-2011, 06:11 PM
That "LOA" Is printed off using microsoft word. This guy is playing you buddy. I would want my money back. This seems fishy. Next week i'll be in town to check up on my computer. I have seen this shoe/shoes before that sold like 4 months ago.

lambeauleap87
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Just look at the wording on the COA..."We believe that this...shoe was signed by LeBron James" and "To our knowledge, this was used in a SVSM basketball game." Sounds incredibly shady...

pantherfan82
07-13-2011, 05:37 PM
The whole thing seems shady on the sellers part. I could print you 1000 copies of that LOA.

JerseyInk
07-13-2011, 08:09 PM
No doubt about it. LOA is bull. Look, in original pic of it, its wrinkled like he found it under the couch cushion. I cant think of one collector that would be careless with an important piece of paper as that. Keep the case open and get your $$$ back.

kcarter
07-14-2011, 04:08 AM
im not in any way a basketball person but even mamba will tell you i drill on the right questions because i want to know the coa/loa evey bit. But i agree with everyone else this things is deffinatly bull i wouldnt trust a thing about it even the COA if he's lying about one part of it he is probubly lying about the whole thing he might have a warehouse of that 1 type of shoe that he does this with. you never know.

cjhsv
07-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all the comments guys - all really helpful. The auto on the shoe is definately authentic. I agree that the COA hasn't been looked after (and yes I look after all mine) but it checks out with PSA and is also on official letterhead.

I think the guy has tried to get some extra $$$ for it and sold it as game used. Definately a homemade LOA for the game use and to be honest when I got the shoe it didn't look worn. No scuff marks or stretching.

And as a couple of people have said, if they are lying about this then they are most likely lying about a lot more. Going to push the case through to a claim and see how it goes!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help. Big thanks to mamba.

Stretch
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
What size is the shoe?

Look past the LOA, because it offers no value, but if it's truly psa/dna there is value in the shoe.

cjhsv
07-14-2011, 06:03 PM
The shoes is a size 13US.

The shoe has a PSADNA sticker on it with the number matched to that on the COA. The COA itself is on notarised paper signed by James J Spence Jr. and Steve Grad on behalf of PSADNA. It is also sworn and subsribed with a notarial seal.

Like you said the shoe has value being that it is a legit pre NBA auto and is also a very nice looking piece.

cjhsv
07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Stretch - the shoe size was a really great question. Why didnt I think of that!! Have had a look for another pair online and found these.

http://blog.americanmemorabilia.com/2009/03/lebron-james-game-worn-high-school-shoes-freshman-shoes-sourced-from-former-teammate-wprovenance/

Being Adidas as well the shoe size should be consistant and these are 15US!!

Stretch
07-14-2011, 06:08 PM
The shoes is a size 13US.

The shoe has a PSADNA sticker on it with the number matched to that on the COA. The COA itself is on notarised paper signed by James J Spence Jr. and Steve Grad on behalf of PSADNA. It is also sworn and subsribed with a notarial seal.

Like you said the shoe has value being that it is a legit pre NBA auto and is also a very nice looking piece.

Lebron wears 15 and 16, not 13, so it's not game worn by him, even if it was high school. If you end up getting stuck with the shoe you should still be able to move it and I think possibly over $200.

On another note: His signature is so damn ugly and has never been appealing to me.