PDA

View Full Version : Wait...Medicare Is The Problem??



duane1969
07-12-2011, 11:48 PM
So if I understand this correctly, the discussion is how to cut spending on Medicare...how about Medicaid, food stamps, HUD and every other entitlement program? Perhaps I am callous but I would rather see an able bodied adult have to scrape to make ends meet than an elderly person.

According to the article Medicare receives 51% of it's funding via taxes so it is presumable that the other 49% comes from non-tax venues. Welfare can not make that claim.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/07/12/lawmakers-debate-cost-effectiveness-medicare/

Star_Cards
07-13-2011, 11:23 AM
I would also rather see medicaid cut over medicare. I guess you can make the argument that medicare is helping children as well, non elderly should be able to make ends meet easier than the elderly.