PDA

View Full Version : Poll and Discussion: Ron Paul's 2012 Presidential Campaign

Moonsavior
07-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi, hope to have a good discussion. Issues on his positions can be viewed at Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee (http://www.RonPaul2012.com)

Some recent news and upcoming events.

Ron Paul just raised more fundraising In the 2nd Quarter FEC totals from active-duty Military personal than ALL the other candidates COMBINED including B. Obama. Source RonPaul: Most Donations From the Military! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303482-RonPaul-Most-Donations-From-the-Military)!

Is Currently ranked 3rd and rising at 14% in Iowa for the Republican Strawpoll in Ames on August 12. Source EconomicPolicyJournal.com: Latest Poll has Ron Paul at 14% in Iowa (http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/07/latest-poll-has-ron-paul-at-14-in-iowa.html) & Sarah Palin, Ron Paul, Michele Bachmann gain Iowa momentum, says new poll - latimes.com (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2011/07/sarah-palin-ron-paul-and-michele-bachmann-gaining-momentum-in-iowa-says-poll.html)

Currently Has over $4Million dollars on hand which is ranked 3rd behind B. Obama and M. Romney. Source Ron Paul to report $4 million in bank CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/15/ron-paul-to-report-4-million-in-bank/)

July 19th Moneybomb coming up if you are perhaps interested in donating to the cause of individual liberty.

Ron Paul's momentum is rising and he has been organizing his campaign quite well buying many tv & radio ads in N.H., N.V., and Iowa, and his support is rising well in Iowa just in time for the big Ames Strawpoll on August 12. Interesting times indeed.

OnePimpTiger
07-17-2011, 09:02 PM
I like Paul a lot...I don't agree with all of his positions, but the vast majority and far more than most of the other candidates. I think a non-typical politician like him would be good for the country in several ways. But in the end, he's not going to get the nomination. He has a lot of very loyal supporters and he always does good in the straw polls, but he ends up falling short in the end. I hope it turns out differently this time, but I don't think it will

texansrangerfan73
07-17-2011, 09:03 PM
the cause of individual liberty.

That is the reason right there ^^^. His son won in the Commonwealth of Kentucky, thanks to mostly the Tea Party stance & our beliefs of Liberty so I'm sure Ron Paul has a good, possibly great chance of winning the nomintaion if he runs!!! :party0053:We need to get back to the foundations of our Country.

habsheaven
07-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Being Canadian, I do not have a vote, so I will not vote in the poll. I will say this though, he wouldn't get my vote simply because he's a Republican.

marekschwarz33
07-17-2011, 09:20 PM
This will be my first election and I will be voting for Ron Paul. I am a huge fan of his and have read three of his books. He is the only GOP nominee who I would vote for in the election (besides Gary Johnson but he doesn't have a legitimate chance sadly).

Being Canadian, I do not have a vote, so I will not vote in the poll. I will say this though, he wouldn't get my vote simply because he's a Republican.

He's technically a Libertarian running as a Republican, but does party affiliation really matter? I'll vote for whoever I believe is the best candidate if they are a Democrat, Republican, or a member of a 3rd party.

andrewhoya
07-18-2011, 09:42 PM
He's technically a Libertarian running as a Republican, but does party affiliation really matter? I'll vote for whoever I believe is the best candidate if they are a Democrat, Republican, or a member of a 3rd party.

+1000

It astonishes me how many people are crazy like that, though. Parties shouldn't come into play. Imagine if somebody ran with a crazy plan and won simply because he was a Dem or Rep.

mrveggieman
07-18-2011, 11:29 PM
I actually like some of Ron Paul's ideas and he is by far better than any of the other republican canidates but I'm not sure if I would vote for him over Obama.

*censored*
07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I voted for Paul in the 2008 Primary and as a write-in for the 2008 Election. I plan to do it again in 2012. I'm not as big a big fan of Rand, but Ron would get my vote any day.

While the tag does say Republican, he is about 99% Libertarian if you read his views instead of just making a decision based on what party he's with.

Star_Cards
07-19-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd have to look into him a bit more if he wins the nomination.

habsheaven
07-19-2011, 12:06 PM
+1000

It astonishes me how many people are crazy like that, though. Parties shouldn't come into play. Imagine if somebody ran with a crazy plan and won simply because he was a Dem or Rep.

There is nothing crazy about it. If he is running as a republican, he has to cater to the ideology of republican voters. Since I am opposed to most of the beliefs of republicans why would I vote for one? Like any politician, no matter how "good" a candidate he is, he will be beholden to the people who put him there and as such will stand for things I do not agree with.

andrewhoya
07-19-2011, 12:12 PM
There is nothing crazy about it. If he is running as a republican, he has to cater to the ideology of republican voters. Since I am opposed to most of the beliefs of republicans why would I vote for one? Like any politician, no matter how "good" a candidate he is, he will be beholden to the people who put him there and as such will stand for things I do not agree with.

So, let's say Paul was running. You didn't mind him, he even had some good ideas. But, you are a dem, and even though you dont agree with everything he/she is promising, you are going to vote for them, just because he/she is a democrat. Got it.

habsheaven
07-19-2011, 12:48 PM
So, let's say Paul was running. You didn't mind him, he even had some good ideas. But, you are a dem, and even though you dont agree with everything he/she is promising, you are going to vote for them, just because he/she is a democrat. Got it.

Yes, you have it. I am sure I am not alone in that thinking. Consider this; 3 chief justices die/retire during his term. Who do you think he is going to selected to take their places? I can live with bickering over foreign policy, economic policy, etc. I have no intention of indirectly supporting a regression in the courts by the appointment of right-wing justices.

andrewhoya
07-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Yes, you have it. I am sure I am not alone in that thinking. Consider this; 3 chief justices die/retire during his term. Who do you think he is going to selected to take their places? I can live with bickering over foreign policy, economic policy, etc. I have no intention of indirectly supporting a regression in the courts by the appointment of right-wing justices.

You aren't, which is the sad part.

As for the justices, we don't know what he would do.

habsheaven
07-19-2011, 01:00 PM
The REAL sad part is that you have a two-party system which leads to this type of thinking. More often than not people are voting for the lesser of two bad choices instead of the best of three or four choices.

Edit: Just read all his stances on the issues. Disagree with almost everyone of them and the few that have a little merit are rife with dangerous language. He would never get the vote of anyone that shares my beliefs.

mrveggieman
07-19-2011, 02:04 PM
The REAL sad part is that you have a two-party system which leads to this type of thinking. More often than not people are voting for the lesser of two bad choices instead of the best of three or four choices.

Edit: Just read all his stances on the issues. Disagree with almost everyone of them and the few that have a little merit are rife with dangerous language. He would never get the vote of anyone that shares my beliefs.

This is exactly why George Washington advised us against forming political parties way back when.

theonedru
07-19-2011, 02:45 PM
+1000

Political parties should be outlawed and people should run on individual platforms.

sanfran22
07-19-2011, 02:53 PM
I've often said thatthere should be no D, R, or I in voting booths. Make people do their homework rather then voting the letter. That being said, I'm not sure I could vote for Paul. I think he'd make a good treasurer, but not sure about the presidency.....

andrewhoya
07-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Political parties should be outlawed and people should run on individual platforms.

If only that could actually happen.